World of Warcraft Starter Edition - How to get started

Starter_Edition.png

Now is the best time to get back into World of Warcraft. If you are thinking about joining WoW or know a friend who has been interested in joining you in Azeroth, it's easy to give it a try today.

This document is intended to provide the rules necessary to play World of Warcraft Starter Edition on private Cataclysm expansion servers from patch 4.2 onwards.

Rules

When you reach level 20, you must stop your characters' experience gain. However, you are free to continue playing and exploring Azeroth for as long as you wish, or you can launch a completely new character to try out a new race or class.
  • Primary professions have a limit of 100 ranks. Secondary professions (first aid, cooking, fishing) are limited only by the cost of training them and you must stop when they ask 10 gold for them.
  • You cannot trade items that you cannot get as a Starter Edition account through the auction house, mailbox or player to player. You also cannot send heirlooms to other characters through the dropbox.
  • Characters cannot create or join guilds.
  • Characters cannot send whispers to other characters unless they have been added to the friends list. Download F2PAddon to automatically add other Starter Edition players to your friends list.
  • You will not be able to purchase enchantments/equipment from the auction house that you cannot create or get while being Starter Edition, this includes equipment upgrades, quest items such as: The Swords deck, The Rogues deck since they require more than 100 skill points/ranks in primary professions.
  • The gold limit has been removed for the Starter Edition account.
  • Characters will still be able to invite other players to group.
  • Players will not have available to learn archaeology

Note: Stop experience gain in World of Warcraft with 10 gold in respective NPC: Horde and Alliance
Direct download

CF1LXGZDXCEE1311015494870.jpg

Last edited:
I've finally added the direct download link.

I actually played on this server. @Conzil is correct

There is a large twink population, but these were mostly 19s or higher level twinks

There were a few 24s but that would also speak to the challenges you would face with self imposed f2p restrictions

I’d recommended waiting for cata classic. It’s almost here.

The magic of the original cata f2p era was 3 fold imo:

1) there were super high numbers of incoming players to f2p which led to unprecedented levels of activity. Both organized twink community and individual twinks and randos.

2) the level of f2p bracket activity was new and relatively unknown, and therefore there wasn’t a huge market of people looking to exploit on 24s. The high levels of activity also meant that the same group of 24 idiots wouldn’t ruin your night since they’d be so spread out.

3) there were thriving existing twink communities at 19 and 70 still with much BG activity - the twinks there didn’t feel the need back then to roll 24s to play low level pvp. It wasn’t really until after WOD did 19s start coming over to 20s iirc

I tried the server, its hard to stop at lvl 19 bcz when you do a bg 10 - 14 - 19 u agin 6 /7 level hhhh , but really there is a community, they speak a lot on discord, i did a 29 to try, and i'll continu, but first i want to finish testing RETAIL, bcz i never played it. Its soooo cool for me even 20 - 29 bg prc 1 / 10 . Pve is cool , but i'm reallyu uptset bcz even if i want to do a 19 / 20 / 29 / 39 etc twink i dont find any tuto or stuff guid to help me? Professions kill my brain too TwT !

(But foor lvl 10 i find a lot :O)

Users who are viewing this thread