woooo!!! : D 59 twinking is back!

deadpete

Grandfathered
bc is what i started in.
levelled through dungeons to 49, where i did a few weeks of 'twinking' with trash gear.
i was on kargath and there was a huge 49 twink guild IPOM .. i put on my wizard.. robe and hat? or hat and robe? i never even could remember when i was actively seeing them every day loll.
i levelled out and then did a few months of 59 twinking. resto spec, stamina outlands greens, engineering items. flag ran like a mofo : D
any team turtle guys around?
aside from nostalgia.. i was specifically wondering if anyone knew which patches screwed over engineering gear? specifically when did parachute cloak start dropping wsg flags?
i used to grab and jump off gy with rocket boots xtreme and parachute cloak and fly halfway across the map. kind of bummed bc is starting in 2.4.3 because i have a sinking feeling it'll be nerfed : (

very excited to play 59s again. until death knights haha.
also very excited for 58 boosts! i only have a 60 in classic and i absolutely HATE levelling, and i know my friends i want to try to get to twink would never level. but i might be able to convince them to boost.

how do battlegroups work in classic/classic bc? will we need to all try to be on the same server(s)?
i am most likely going to be on grobbulus alliance because i have old friends who will be raiding there and i'll probably try to raid with them.

also.. 'proper' gearing.
like i said my first go around i was literally only using OL greens and engineering items.
what items should a resto spec druid fc have? or, other items? i'm not afraid of respeccing and sure i will here and there.
the first go around i never got the engineering helm because i didn't have friends to run me for a primal nether, and i didn't have the gold to buy a run.
i also didn't get the rep as far as i can remember, because i knew i couldn't get a run : /
i am positive the run won't be an issue this time but will the rep? can we ghost follow the rep?

is there a viable 2nd profession for a 59 aside from engineering?
i had tailoring originally because when i first learned about the game i was like.. i want to make bags. : D it ended up working out for me at 70 since PMC set was practically BiS for heal druids for so long. it's not useful at 59 though

what will you be using to make gold?
i need to get reacquainted with/learn the shuffles. i'm not much for farming but i am an AH crackhead/goblin.
can a 58/59 jc bust up OL ore?

anything you want to say is welcome! am looking forward to this
[doublepost=1616820940,1616820801][/doublepost]also, i guess it should be said, while i am 100% interested in learning about PERFECT min maxing.. i don't see myself 100% perfectly min maxing a character, if it takes insane amounts of time or intense help from others. such as running raids and reserving items. there's a small possibility i might, but i'll probably value jamming games with friends over spending ludicrous amounts of time for a few stat increases. but please teach me what you know, there's a chance i'll do it
[doublepost=1616821048][/doublepost]alsoo..

my main friends i'm trying to get to play have never played wow past level 15 or so.
one of them's idea for a character is.. 'charge headfirst into battle, but not die.'
my initial thought was ret pally?
so.. how are rets at 59? i never played one, and don't really recall playing against them.
i remember good rogues being amazing.
talk class all you want, the more info i can get to him the better his choice can be.

ok. so.
i thought i read the other posts but i apparently only read 1 of them : )
so i see the proper gearing sections. very nice! thank you for that work!

some more thoughts..

pretty sure guild banks will be in, cool but not required.
have a sinking feeling parachute cloak is for sure going to drop flag. : ( bigsad but i'll get over it.

how much xp do levels 58 and 59 have?
how much xp does it take to explore all needed areas?
what exactly are needed areas?
-quest areas
-hfp/dungeon area
-major cities
-wsg vendor
-arathi basin vendor
-?
sitting here looking at gearing requirements for an arms warrior for a friend possibly, wondering how tight it will be.

when exactly was xp added to wsg/ab? i feel i remember 100% of BC being xp free but i'm not positive

are there any good discords for this? i've been out of the loop for a while

thanks!

Did you really fill your own thread with replies to yourself and that no one else commented on?

this place is full of crayzees.

do get better soon

Let the man be excited!

I am not an expert in classic/tbc twinking. But I think that the majority of the folks on this site are situated around 19 & 29 brackets.

keep the 59s conversation going until more join in! I see it as something potentially huge because of the boost.

Last edited:
Even though I spend a lot of time with them while I'm playing, every time I come back I have to relearn AH addons.
Is it Auctionator that allows you to make lots of lists of stuff to search for?
Will be helpful in finding proper gear.

Users who are viewing this thread