Windwalker monk

I messed around on a semi twinked windwalker and I enjoyed it. The games I played we had good team with strong mid presence and I was able to roll into the back line and help pop healers/casters then roll out. It was pretty good 1v1 too, I was panda though and I wouldn't have won some of the fights I won without racial to interrupt heals for sure. Its not OP or anything but I had some good games where I felt pretty impactful

you rarely see ww because most of monk players have gone MW because of its damage output and ridiculous healing

Been Playing WW monk for along time now at lvl 19.
i'm the best gear monk at lvl 19 for all 3 Specs.
WW monk have had alot of up and downs the last few expansions but they are finally viable again.
WW monk deal pretty good damage we can land 400+ crits and with the right talent a DOT which proc elemental force.
But the question is which role does ww monks have in WSG?
Well if you ask me we are good at 2 things atm.

(not my first choice for Wargames, but GOD like for pugs)

1. Going efc like a hunter or rogue normaly would do.
We have Disable at lvl 19 it cost only 15 energy and slow the target for 50% without any cd at all. so catching a fc druid is super easy. and if you just spam Disable he has no chance of getting away from you. At the same time if you land a tiger palm the dot and disable with elemental force on your weps will most likely kill the druid unless he stops to pick up the fight in which case it gives your team the chance to catch him aswell and hes most likely dead too.

2. We are able to deal alot of damage in a short time if you stack up your chi to 4 and w8 for full energi you deal about 1k damage in like 4 sec ish. So for pushing in and keeping the healers busy and making sure, they wont get away with disable you can land some sweet kills. At the same time i try not to push to far in, and stay 1 roll away from our heals incase a rogue opens on them or a warrior charge in, you can roll back disable him so the healer can get away and you kill him.

So mostly just good for pugs but really good at killing EFC, and decent for push/presure.

We also heal for alot with Vivify so if the mid battle is to hot to get in you can stay back and help healing your team untill you see an opening.

Link to my WW monk.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/hellscream/ßlackout

https://imgur.com/a/H80zpAV (BFA Prepatch)
They can also be good at farm HKS if you are bit of a douchebag :)

WW monk have had alot of up and downs the last few expansions but they are finally viable again.
WW monk deal pretty good damage we can land 400+ crits and with the right talent a DOT which proc elemental force.

We have Disable at lvl 19 it cost only 15 energy and slow the target for 50% without any cd at all. so catching a fc druid is super easy. and if you just spam Disable he has no chance of getting away from you. At the same time if you land a tiger palm the dot and disable with elemental force on your weps will most likely kill the druid unless he stops to pick up the fight in which case it gives your team the chance to catch him aswell and hes most likely dead too.

2. We are able to deal alot of damage in a short time if you stack up your chi to 4 and w8 for full energi you deal about 1k damage in like 4 sec ish. So for pushing in and keeping the healers busy and making sure, they wont get away with disable you can land some sweet kills. At the same time i try not to push to far in, and stay 1 roll away from our heals incase a rogue opens on them or a warrior charge in, you can roll back disable him so the healer can get away and you kill him.

So mostly just good for pugs but really good at killing EFC, and decent for push/presure.

We also heal for alot with Vivify so if the mid battle is to hot to get in you can stay back and help healing your team untill you see an opening.

Link to my WW monk.

Thank you for such a great response this was amazing, can I ask what gear you would recommend for me? I made the monk a little over 2 days ago so its not grandfathered at all, I am torn on gear.

Thank you for such a great response this was amazing, can I ask what gear you would recommend for me? I made the monk a little over 2 days ago so its not grandfathered at all, I am torn on gear.

For non-GF'd gear, you can look at the quick start guide in my sig. For secondaries, verse is best - big time. Not sure between crit/haste for ww monk - guessing crit as pooling resources for big burst seems like a thing. Blackout prob has more insight.

A basic set...
Head: Master Engineer's Goggles
Neck: Heirloom (w/ verse) - Hidden Satyr
Shoulders: Heirloom - 2 agi/1 crit
Cloak: Parachute cloak - Gift of verse or shadow armor
Chest: Any dungeon/BoE w/ verse until you get BG Crate blue - Glorious Stats
Bracers: Any dungeon/BoE w/ verse until you get BG Crate blue - 2 Stats or 4 stam
Gloves: Gloves of the Fang or Scouting Gloves w/ verse - Glove Reinforcements (enchant BEFORE you equip)
Belt: Any dungeon/BoE w/ verse
Legs: BoE w/ verse - shadowleather leg armor
Boots: Any dungeon/BoE w/ verse until you get BG Crate blue - minor speed
Rings: BG Crate blue, Dungeon Satchel (w/ verse) - any +1 verse enchant (word of verse is super cheap)
Trinkets: Defending/Returning Champion, Inherited Insignia (if you want shorter CD than medallion), otherwise the mark of tyranny
Weapons: Heirloom ones are fine to start. Eventually MH should be a BG crate blue. Offhand could also be a BG crate blue, or go pure agi with shadowfang. - Elemental Force

Last edited:

Link to my WW monk.

How did u transmog that cloth head lol wtf?

For non-GF'd gear, you can look at the quick start guide in my sig. For secondaries, verse is best - big time. Not sure between crit/haste for ww monk - guessing crit as pooling resources for big burst seems like a thing. Blackout prob has more insight.

A basic set...
Head: Master Engineer's Goggles
Neck: Heirloom (w/ verse) - Hidden Satyr
Shoulders: Heirloom - 2 agi/1 crit
Cloak: Parachute cloak - Gift of verse or shadow armor
Chest: Any dungeon/BoE w/ verse until you get BG Crate blue - Glorious Stats
Bracers: Any dungeon/BoE w/ verse until you get BG Crate blue - 2 Stats or 4 stam
Gloves: Gloves of the Fang or Scouting Gloves w/ verse - Glove Reinforcements (enchant BEFORE you equip)
Belt: Any dungeon/BoE w/ verse
Legs: BoE w/ verse - shadowleather leg armor
Boots: Any dungeon/BoE w/ verse until you get BG Crate blue - minor speed
Rings: BG Crate blue, Dungeon Satchel (w/ verse) - any +1 verse enchant (word of verse is super cheap)
Trinkets: Defending/Returning Champion, Inherited Insignia (if you want shorter CD than medallion), otherwise the mark of tyranny
Weapons: Heirloom ones are fine to start. Eventually MH should be a BG crate blue. Offhand could also be a BG crate blue, or go pure agi with shadowfang. - Elemental Force

Pvp power on cloak is a solid option too, way better than gift of vers at least. The two choices between the cloak enchants (pvp power vs shadow armor) also gives you the option to go blurred speed / cat's swiftness on boots (agi + minor speed), which would be far more valuable than just pure minor speed.
[doublepost=1533636918,1533636854][/doublepost]
i was gonna make a long post about some minor changes in gear/enchants etc. but as of tomorrow WW (only WW) will get a 27% damage nerf on Blackout kick which is our main damage. and we will be compleetly shit! R.I.P. WW monks

Time to go MW monk :S

BM actually looks decent. Seen some in BG's and they don't do terrible tbh. I think a BM monk in the right hands could be just as fine as WW was. But yeah, MW will be, and already is, fotm xd

Users who are viewing this thread