Windows 10 - Have you gotten it yet?

Eriwen

Legend
Honestly W10 is a significant upgrade compared to 7 and 8.1 from my PoV. My PC runs harddrive programs slightly faster, and my start up is like 5-6 sec faster and everything has a smooth design.

How do you like it?

Upgrade didnt mess up any files did it? I'm considering doing it but I'm unsure if all my programs can run on it.

My friend from work downloaded Windows 10 and she said it's still really buggy. She recommended not getting it for a while until they work the bugs out. Did you find any problems?

Last edited by a moderator:
I upgraded from Win 7 Home Premium the other day and I love it. I had to reinstall Nvidia Geforce Experience so I could have dual monitors, and a few other programs like Firefox had to be upgraded as well. It runs smoother and I have had zero issues since upgrading. I would recommend it.

Also just make sure to uncheck having Internet Explorer as default Web browser when you are doing initial setup. Just read everything that is automatically checked and turned on, as I turned off a lot of stuff that felt intrusive like all the data collection they want.

Upgrade didnt mess up any files did it? I'm considering doing it but I'm unsure if all my programs can run on it.
Haven't messed any of my files up, there's a little few that have gotten an interfacial twist like web browser but other wise your files are just copied from your old OS to the new Windows 10.

Can't you install VLC or something?

I'll download the programs when I get home. Even if I can't no longer watch my stuff, it ain't the end of the world. Besides, I think it's a fair trade when I got a free Xbox app included in the upgrade.

My friend from work downloaded Windows 10 and she said it's still really buggy. She recommended not getting it for a while until they work the bugs out. Did you find any problems?

but like in all honesty what had she expected when she downloads it before the first service pack even arrives, ofc it has it's small bugs in the beginning, which is the main reason I am waiting ^_^ a few weeks at first.

I downloaded this a few weeks ago. The one thing I don't care for is how the Start menu has an Xbox-like interface now. It's too busy for my liking and harder to find programs I often use.

I got it a few weeks ago. Everything seems smoother overall but unfortunately there are a few programs that cannot update now

Users who are viewing this thread