Will increasing attack speed raise the frequency of weapon procs?

Nik

Grandfathered
For example, would the weapon proc frequency on dragon's call that summons the whelp be increased from having more haste or is it a flat PPM regardless?

I sense that we have a truly cultured gentleman in our presence.

Also, yes please stack as much haste or attack speed as possible for that particular proc. It is a ppm w no internal CD.

Not all proc tho. Rppm are effected by haste but not attack speed. Things that give a flat % attack speed rather than a haste rating do not effect any rppm proc like del force.

Lastly some prices have an internal CD so obviously you cannot tease more prices out from haste or attack speed on those.

Lastly and back to the important thing if you duel wield you can get a friggin ton of little dragon boys.

I think it’s important to note that dragons call in this case is a classic era weapon, and in that uses PPM, to which all of the above is true.

Later era items and enchants, especially cata and beyond are basically almost fully rPPM based

RPPM and PPM aside, first proc to incur any sort of cd (if any) also procs faster the quicker your abilities and melee swings land, after all, it's chance on hit.. so.. the faster you hit the faster it procs.

Last edited:
I sense that we have a truly cultured gentleman in our presence.

Also, yes please stack as much haste or attack speed as possible for that particular proc. It is a ppm w no internal CD.

Not all proc tho. Rppm are effected by haste but not attack speed. Things that give a flat % attack speed rather than a haste rating do not effect any rppm proc like del force.

Lastly some prices have an internal CD so obviously you cannot tease more prices out from haste or attack speed on those.

Lastly and back to the important thing if you duel wield you can get a friggin ton of little dragon boys.

To confirm, Dragon's call does not have an internal cooldown and thus will result in more procs with higher haste?

To confirm, Dragon's call does not have an internal cooldown and thus will result in more procs with higher haste?
The dragon has a set % chance to proc per hit. There's nothing you can do to change that. Haste will just give you *more* hits that might proc the dragon within whatever time frame you're playing.

The dragon has a set % chance to proc per hit. There's nothing you can do to change that. Haste will just give you *more* hits that might proc the dragon within whatever time frame you're playing.

This is right and good information

This is correct, there is no icd. Ppm procs benefit from anything that makes make more separate instances of dmg, so haste will get you more procs. So does any of the abilities that give flat % attack speed like demon hunters meta, rogues slice and dice, or fury warriors enrage (those only affect ppm, not rppm). Also, more yellow attacks will garnish more procs for the exact same reason that chops said, more hits more dragons.

DW dragons call on a fury warrior I was pretty regularly kited to death. But, when I could get on someone and start farming dragons out of their health bars it was not uncommon to have 4-5 dragons proceed at the same time.

In conclusion, if you want more dragons hit more often anyway that you can; haste, % attack speed, yellow attacks, anything that makes you do dmg with the sword has a chance at a dragon.

DW dragons call on a fury warrior I was pretty regularly kited to death. But, when I could get on someone and start farming dragons out of their health bars it was not uncommon to have 4-5 dragons proceed at the same time.

I'd imagine Dragon's Call spam would work better on Havoc DH. They can't really get kited and they attack more frequently

This is right and good information

This is correct, there is no icd. Ppm procs benefit from anything that makes make more separate instances of dmg, so haste will get you more procs. So does any of the abilities that give flat % attack speed like demon hunters meta, rogues slice and dice, or fury warriors enrage (those only affect ppm, not rppm). Also, more yellow attacks will garnish more procs for the exact same reason that chops said, more hits more dragons.

In conclusion, if you want more dragons hit more often anyway that you can; haste, % attack speed, yellow attacks, anything that makes you do dmg with the sword has a chance at a dragon.
More yellow attacks? So can you proc it with ele force or another enchant?

More yellow attacks? So can you proc it with ele force or another enchant?

Nagative, ele force wouldn't work because the source of the smh is not the weapon. Things like sinister strike that are weapon attacks proc because the source of the smh is the weapon.

Be a legend and go full ham... I want to see full haste gear... haste cogged goggles with haste gem... Rezans eye trinket... dimetrodon fin trinket... Hurricane enchant on dragons call.

Be a legend and go full ham... I want to see full haste gear... haste cogged goggles with haste gem... Rezans eye trinket... dimetrodon fin trinket... Hurricane enchant on dragons call.

I wish impatient gear existed on my server.

Might be a stupid question and stupid idea. But can we get those trinkets on a 20? Because i was going dor something similar as you suggested. Though on a sub rog with coldrage dagger.

Might be a stupid question and stupid idea. But can we get those trinkets on a 20? Because i was going dor something similar as you suggested. Though on a sub rog with coldrage dagger.

100% have them on my Shaman for one of his all in sets. Rezans can drop with a socket and a tert (I think)... dimetrodon is one of the best because it procs off of anything and can drop rare/epic. They are the best two.

Hurricane is questionable, but I always like it for all in strats... regardless of what you read.. .if your haste is already above 60% from procs... hurricane can 100% proc twice so you can have 2 or 4 buffs up at once... and it procs off of anything.

I hate threads like this because now I want to make a haste proc set for my DK with icy talons.

100% have them on my Shaman for one of his all in sets. Rezans can drop with a socket and a tert (I think)... dimetrodon is one of the best because it procs off of anything and can drop rare/epic. They are the best two.

Hurricane is questionable, but I always like it for all in strats... regardless of what you read.. .if your haste is already above 60% from procs... hurricane can 100% proc twice so you can have 2 or 4 buffs up at once... and it procs off of anything.

I hate threads like this because now I want to make a haste proc set for my DK with icy talons.

Thanks. So should one reroll for those trinkets? Is it worth?
I have to admit. I was not thinking about Hurricane but rather ele force. Not sure now

Thanks. So should one reroll for those trinkets? Is it worth?
I have to admit. I was not thinking about Hurricane but rather ele force. Not sure now

You should not have to reroll... just farm Rezans from the first boss... and you just do the questline to get the Fin.

Hurricane is just an option for a deep dive.

Users who are viewing this thread