Will 19 twinking come back?

I'm quite skeptical myself and have lost interest in it for the time. I'm not going to bother making a twink til I see how it plays out.

We have a lvl squish coming in Shadowlands and a separation for xp on / xp off with an overall small population. So for what we know, 19 twinks (or what they will be become in Shadowlands) are dead. It will probably alway be possible to twink somehow, but the meta will change completely.

Twinks in Classic are garantied to stay the same and there is no xp in BGs. So unless Blizz drops the ball (changing the way vanilla worked), we are fine there.

Twinks were popping like crazy at the start of bfa/bfa prepatch however after the change made to xp on and xp off separation again in March I believe, it slowed down a lot but was popping relatively consistently on NA and EU had a couple pops in the evening. However due to the fact that BFA sucks ass it died on EU very quickly and on NA it was kind of dead-ish but there was some players hanging around because there was meant to be a Twink Cup (between 3 teams lol) - but obviously that never happened and so I believe it won't be alive until shadowlands comes out with the exception of possible wargames/plebmades being made and obviously a very very very small chance of someone trying to organize pops.
If you're looking for extremely boring, tedious, soul-draining and slow twinking you can roll on classic clearly I know NA has a very big community ready to go however idk what the EU classic twink scene is like when it comes to 19s however theres a few 'oldschool' twinks hanging around on HydraxianWaterlords.

Just go Classic if you want to twink at 19.

Shadowlands is going to be the nail in the coffin if BFA wasn't already.

With the obvious caveat of "nobody knows what's going to happen"

I think it's fair to reason that shadowlands kills current 19 twinks. You can make a pretty fair assumption that BGs won't start till level 10 and current 19s will end up at level 9.

However, there's always a chance that current 19s end up at level 10. In which case... seems like that's gonna be the new "vet" bracket (so far as we can guess) and that'd be pretty awesome cuz it would let yall actually play on your toons again.

I mean, don't get your hopes up but I don't think you'd be out of line thinking your old 19s could wind up in the F2P/vet bracket.

But who knows! They could return to templates and recombine ques and make BGs start at like level 5. It's gonna be a wild ride.

With the obvious caveat of "nobody knows what's going to happen"

I think it's fair to reason that shadowlands kills current 19 twinks. You can make a pretty fair assumption that BGs won't start till level 10 and current 19s will end up at level 9.

However, there's always a chance that current 19s end up at level 10. In which case... seems like that's gonna be the new "vet" bracket (so far as we can guess) and that'd be pretty awesome cuz it would let yall actually play on your toons again.

I mean, don't get your hopes up but I don't think you'd be out of line thinking your old 19s could wind up in the F2P/vet bracket.

But who knows! They could return to templates and recombine ques and make BGs start at like level 5. It's gonna be a wild ride.

the f2p/vet bracket may very well not exist, unless you count pve. We shall see

Even if this happened I can't imagine it would entice very many people to play vet. If f2p/vet appealed to someone who had a 19 twink they very easily could've made one. Even if somebody did want to use their 19 for vet they would have to turn on xp and unsub. If you're already on classic on the same account and want to keep playing then unsubbing isn't an option.

Even if this happened I can't imagine it would entice very many people to play vet. If f2p/vet appealed to someone who had a 19 twink they very easily could've made one. Even if somebody did want to use their 19 for vet they would have to turn on xp and unsub. If you're already on classic on the same account and want to keep playing then unsubbing isn't an option.
Fair point. I was just thinking of the people who really want to play a particular toon. And if this happened, then they might as well?

I dunno. Was trying to think of positive things that could happen.

Fair point. I was just thinking of the people who really want to play a particular toon. And if this happened, then they might as well?

I dunno. Was trying to think of positive things that could happen.

If it were to happen I imagine there would be at least a couple of people with grandfathered gear and/or enchants that would be thrilled.

Users who are viewing this thread