Why Mindthrust bracers?

d07.RiV

Legend
I see them recommended everywhere - why? Compared to bright bracers (+4 int) you get +5 int and -5 stam. If that was a good tradeoff, then shouldn't you also be using 150 mana librams over 100 hp (same ratio)? Is there something about this item I'm missing?

I see them recommended everywhere - why? Compared to bright bracers (+4 int) you get +5 int and -5 stam. If that was a good tradeoff, then shouldn't you also be using 150 mana librams over 100 hp (same ratio)? Is there something about this item I'm missing?
The only thing you're missing is that int also gives spell crit, otherwise you could also argue in favor of 2/2 eagle bracers or 4 stam bracers.

I also think the 150 mana librams are fine as a healer once you overcome a certain baseline health threshold, but it's hard to reach that point at 19 while dropping 100 from the librams, particularly before fishing gear.

I do use 150 mana librams. Why would I need HP when im getting hit like 5% of the game?

I do use 150 mana librams. Why would I need HP when im getting hit like 5% of the game?

Mindthrust give you a larger mana pool, and some spell crit, with the 9stam enchant you can get +4 stam and 9 int. which is a decent trade off.

if you can, always have extra gear to switch out. As a twink, imo, its always best to have the gear, and not need it right now, than to not have it and need it.

On my druid I have Healing gear, and FC gear. im not maximized yet, but its best to have as much choice as possible to meet any obstacle. the BIS lists are suggested for survivability, not game play. if you have a solid team you wont need so much hp, but if you are pugging a lot and get targeted, switch back to HP gear and deal. generally I plan to have multiple pieces with different enchants to give me stats I need based on the game.

Mindthrust are for people who can't count imo. You should run Mana Librams and chest enchant before you touch those bracers, and even then, you might need +7 Int to bracers to be consistent. Aka bad choices.

Mindthrust are for people who can't count imo. You should run Mana Librams and chest enchant before you touch those bracers, and even then, you might need +7 Int to bracers to be consistent. Aka bad choices.

I would advocate the opposite.

Let's compare Mindthrust vs Greenweave Bracers of Stamina and Rumination vs Constitution
Mindthrust Bracers vs Greenweave of Stamina = 135 Mana 2 Armor and ~0.15 spellcrit vs 90 Health
Rumination vs Constitution = 150 Mana vs 100 Health, to translate that to the above amount 135 Mana vs 90 Health.

So clearly the Mana to Health ratio is equal, but Mindthrust also gives extra armor and spellcrit. If Priests want more mana and can forego some extra health, Mindthrust Bracers should be the first 'equal option' to look at. That also means Priests who use Rumination and forego Mindthrust are pretty much making unoptimal gearsets.

I would advocate the opposite.

Let's compare Mindthrust vs Greenweave Bracers of Stamina and Rumination vs Constitution
Mindthrust Bracers vs Greenweave of Stamina = 135 Mana 2 Armor and ~0.15 spellcrit vs 90 Health
Rumination vs Constitution = 150 Mana vs 100 Health, to translate that to the above amount 135 Mana vs 90 Health.

So clearly the Mana to Health ratio is equal, but Mindthrust also gives extra armor and spellcrit. If Priests want more mana and can forego some extra health, Mindthrust Bracers should be the first 'equal option' to look at. That also means Priests who use Rumination and forego Mindthrust are pretty much making unoptimal gearsets.

Hmm interesting, I see your point. Stam is king though, I wouldn't take any of those Mana options personally and favor +Healing bracers.

Mindthrust give you a larger mana pool, and some spell crit, with the 9stam enchant you can get +4 stam and 9 int. which is a decent trade off.

if you can, always have extra gear to switch out. As a twink, imo, its always best to have the gear, and not need it right now, than to not have it and need it.

On my druid I have Healing gear, and FC gear. im not maximized yet, but its best to have as much choice as possible to meet any obstacle. the BIS lists are suggested for survivability, not game play. if you have a solid team you wont need so much hp, but if you are pugging a lot and get targeted, switch back to HP gear and deal. generally I plan to have multiple pieces with different enchants to give me stats I need based on the game.
I was not talking about mindthrust, just answering the question of why dont people use 150 mana librams - I do use 150 mana librams on my hunter. Mana is more valuable to me than stam after a certain point.

My priest isn't done, but 9 Stam on Healing bracers is my preference. When I can get 24 Healing enchant then ofc I'd switch.

Last edited:
I was not talking about mindthrust, just answering the question of why dont people use 150 mana librams - I do use 150 mana librams on my hunter. Mana is more valuable to me than stam after a certain point.

definitely on a hunter. you have plenty of skills to disengage a fight. I think I was tacking on the idea that IF you aren't being hit there isn't a reason for stamina, but as a healer, you become a target. I was advocating that they pick up the 100HP but there is always a reason to have a 150 mana. the more gear you have to choose from the more versatile you become.
[doublepost=1584970124,1584970014][/doublepost]
My priest isn't done, but 9 Stam on Healing bracers is my preference. When I can get 24 Healing enchant then ofc I'd switch.

my only issue here is that you cant heal while dead so Healing Power becomes pointless.

again, get all the gear, with all the enchants and switch it around as the game goes to best fight the situations optimally. if you are just starting to gear out, go Stamina > healing power until you can survive without it.

Users who are viewing this thread