Why horde seem to dominate so much?

Kaptin

I've just recently started playing in the bracket in classic, although I played a decent amount in vanilla and private servers.

Now I'm sure I might be part of the problem, but has horde always won the majority of games? Or is it just matter of ebbs and flows? Either way, looking forward to being a part the 19 scene moving forward.

For me it's a split : ) But historically Horde have always had "slightly" more serious players.

At least that's the way I remember it : )

alliance was very dominate in van wow, TBC, and into WOTLK. some battlegroups and servers did have horde dominance.

when van wow started, alot of the alliance were older players who came from other MMOs that were somewhat harder than WOW. systems that when you died you could lose levels, armor, wpns, skill etc.

i think the older alliance players faded out around late CATA into start of MOP in the NA realms, PVP ladders started switching to horde dominance, yet in EU ladders where still alliance dominated.

there have been alot of private servers since 2004, but in order....nostralius, eylisium, lightshope were alliiance pop was no more than 5-10% more than horde which was controlled by the operators of those servers

I don't find horde as dominating in 19s on EU, but they do dominate in general in other bracket.

My only explaination is that horde characters are ugly as fuck but has better PvP racials and the Alliance characters looks better and therefore attracts more roleplayers and PvE'ers. It isn't too uncommon that I legit see people who says it's their first BG in their life! Like wtf? Who even starts playing WoW in 2021 !?

Then I think WSG map itself is quite imbalanced and favours the Horde team. The entire surrounding area near their graveyard is OP. They have the portal way to enter, then inbetween that near the GY, then tot which has incredible amount of LoS locations and easy to trick people to fall down. Then we have the wagon where you also can shake off some people and wait for your team to spawn in the graveyard. Alliance tot is different and kind of hard to escape from and alliance does not have any wagon counterpart

Thoughtful answers - I especially agree with the difference between the horde and alliance side for FCing / jumps.

It also doesn't help that I just joined a WSG with 5 lvl 10s. 4 of those are from a multiboxer that joins just to troll -__-

horde racials is the biggest lie ever told...at any level.

- arenamate.net proves this wrong at max level, for years and many expacs

- MDI 2021 class stacking was banned, races were not, the NE SM racial proved king

- NE SM there is no horde counter, this is why predom all top mythic+ comps are all NE, for PVP the vanish drop a attack, double openers, eat/drink is OP as hell. if you are any alliance other race vs a NE in arena or have dueled a equal class spec you should know what horde face. two equal MM hunters other race vs NE, both at 25% hp, all hunter CC CDs blown, both deep into final aimshot, NE SM's other hunter losses target, NE pops out of stealth already deep into aimshot.

- HU used to dominate especially with EMFH (removed everything) in all twink brackets having a extra trinket. 2 AGMs or STV/DMF arena heirlooms. even after it was nerfed to stun remove only still powerful as there are more 4X more stuns than fears. they get 2 stun removals with a short gap in less time than any class with a 2 min PVP trinket.

- Limit and Echo interview
the part where they tested raids on beta using alliance, the reason they don't faction swap, is the cost, and player pool availability. start watching at 1 hour 52 minutes. they pretty much say mechagnome, NE for SM, and dwarves are best

horde racials is the biggest lie ever told...at any level.

- arenamate.net proves this wrong at max level, for years and many expacs

- MDI 2021 class stacking was banned, races were not, the NE SM racial proved king

- NE SM there is no horde counter, this is why predom all top mythic+ comps are all NE, for PVP the vanish drop a attack, double openers, eat/drink is OP as hell. if you are any alliance other race vs a NE in arena or have dueled a equal class spec you should know what horde face. two equal MM hunters other race vs NE, both at 25% hp, all hunter CC CDs blown, both deep into final aimshot, NE SM's other hunter losses target, NE pops out of stealth already deep into aimshot.

- HU used to dominate especially with EMFH (removed everything) in all twink brackets having a extra trinket. 2 AGMs or STV/DMF arena heirlooms. even after it was nerfed to stun remove only still powerful as there are more 4X more stuns than fears. they get 2 stun removals with a short gap in less time than any class with a 2 min PVP trinket.

- Limit and Echo interview
the part where they tested raids on beta using alliance, the reason they don't faction swap, is the cost, and player pool availability. start watching at 1 hour 52 minutes. they pretty much say mechagnome, NE for SM, and dwarves are best

we are talking about vanilla though where shadowmeld can't be used in combat and every man for himself does not exist :)

instead undead racial removes fear, mind control, charm and sleep.
Orc racial resists 25% of all stuns, aka 1/4 of all stuns will be resisted
War stomp carrying in WSG, plus the extra HP

right but the lie was there is in van wow, TBC and WOTLK, you hear some former private server players saying horde racials were always more powerful when they lose BGs on classic WOW. on other times private server players say they did not have the horde dominance or imbalance they see in classic WOW. it's all mixed perceptions and rose tinted goggles

HU did extra damage with swords, perception to see into stealth (ability DHs have now). free opener on any horde rogue
NE classes due to high agility and dodge stuns can miss, along with a racial, and a deeper +1 stealth racial. higher chance of free opener on any horde rogue

i remember the horde specificly QQing on NE wars in van wow. they were a nightmare for rogues due to dodge and nature resist (tauren had too) along with the SM ability as it was then. swifty has explained this racial advantage to set up a pre combat free opener charge long ago, and again on streams in BGs during classic WOW

right but the lie was there is in van wow, TBC and WOTLK, you hear some former private server players saying horde racials were always more powerful when they lose BGs on classic WOW. on other times private server players say they did not have the horde dominance or imbalance they see in classic WOW. it's all mixed perceptions and rose tinted goggles

HU did extra damage with swords, perception to see into stealth (ability DHs have now). free opener on any horde rogue
NE classes due to high agility and dodge stuns can miss, along with a racial, and a deeper +1 stealth racial. higher chance of free opener on any horde rogue

i remember the horde specificly QQing on NE wars in van wow. they were a nightmare for rogues due to dodge and nature resist (tauren had too) along with the SM ability as it was then. swifty has explained this racial advantage to set up a pre combat free opener charge long ago, and again on streams in BGs during classic WOW

ive never seen a bigger pile of shit comment on this site

horde racials are easily 5x better than alliance ones in vanilla, there's a reason every racial on alliance got changed between vanilla and wotlk, almost always a buff to them, whereas every horde one got nerfed

i stand by..."it's racials" biggest lie ever told

i stand by..."it's racials" biggest lie ever told

Nah you are just a trash player. Rank 1 players like Savix and others have all stated Horde had FAR better racials for pvp in Vanilla. The same was true for other expansions.

I know you desperately want to pretend that Orcs having stun resist is skill but its not, its Blizz deciding arbitrarily they wanted to give Horde the better racials.

Users who are viewing this thread