EU+US Why go Combat Rogue at 10?

Awkwyrd

Legend
When I made my 10 Sub had Shadowstep and was awesome. I picked up the hammers because I thought they looked cool. After all this time to me they seem iconic for this toon. I don't go Assassination like I do with my other lowbie rogues since I don't want to switch to daggers. I would be willing to give Combat a try but I don't see what makes it so great. Bladefury? That seems like a PvE skill to me.

But I see from the 10s Armory List that there are a lot of Combat Rogues. What am I missing?

attack power

Attack Power how? It's not that I don't believe you. I thought Sinister Calling was good and Combat doesn't have a passive that I know of. But I have 82 Agility (with the 15% bonus) while Sponsy only has 78 Agi (as Combat) but his attack power is 117 and mine is only 81. So how?

My 10 Rogue (in Sig) has 93 Agi / 93 AP in Sub, 81 Agi / 122 AP in Combat and 81 Agi / 81 AP in Sin. Looking at the Tooltips of the main Ability Combat is the way to go for pure Alpha. Mind you I have many GF'd pcs, even though I'm still not BiS after all these years lol.

just leave the 10 and roll a 19 heres the funding project for 19s http://xpoff.com/threads/project-gg-nineteen.59748/
because we all know people that roll 10's don't already roll 19's right? ... I say do what makes you happy in game and try not to get caught up in all that level 19 drama ...even if you decide to roll a 19 (I have 12 of those things myself so I can confirm both 10 and 19 is a blast :) )

Vitality. Thanks. Ironically I noticed a load screen tip that we should check our spellbooks for passive effects. That would be a good place for Vitality. So I switched specs and the damage increase is very noticible. Before I would try to hit hard right out of stealth with my damage bonus and armor piercing. Now I'm that effective all the time. I'm already noticed that my playstyle has simplified. So if someone wants to change me over to Combat on the 10s list I think I'll be sticking with it for now.

As for 19s, I was never into them. I don't run a lot of battlegrounds so sitting atop a bracket isn't that big a deal for me. When I was doing bgs I had a 24. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/Wus/simple

I don't play that toon but I do have a 20 that I run on some. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/Brystle/simple

The main difference I notice with my 20 is speed. That extra 20% is so great. Stealthed with a swift potion I can run with mounted hordies. On my 10 I have to rely on my Hardened Shell. I go faster but I don't enjoy it as much. It's so much more fun to kill a hordie that you then have to check their armory to see their level because they are just a skull to you. And I like to imagine that there is a bit of extra feeling on their part when they notice that it is a level 10 that is planting a Darnassus banner in their corpse. And 20s take damage. So weak. I love never having to worry when I die my way across a zone. 20s don't have the no consequence rez at the spirit healer either (a big drawback with BGs as a 10).

Users who are viewing this thread