Why do you twink?

Kraethine

Grandfathered
I've now had the conversation with several people as to why they make xp-capped characters. From what I've seen, many seem to do it in search of a more balanced/competitive experience since end-game PVP is mainly affected by balancing PVE mechanics.

I'll be honest, I like twinking for the simple reason that it's not too hard to entirely dominate a game. If I want a competitive experience I usually stick to end-game content. For this reason, I also have no problem with people rolling OP classes like Brewmaster Monks.

I realize that many will disagree/dislike this sentiment, but I was curious to see if anyone else plays 29 PVP for the sick satisfaction of being entirely OP in a bracket.

I play because everyone isn't anonymous. I have friends and enemies built over the last 6 years. I know many of their skill levels and coordinate my play accordingly.

I also play because I can update gear once per xpac/patch quickly. I play maybe 5 hours a week. I don't feel compelled to log in daily to complete menial tasks. It's refreshing. Now if Blizzard would only have a pay model for my playstyle...

Last edited by a moderator:
Because endgame is boring and everything you can get from max level won't matter 5 years down the road anyways. End gamers may be stronger once they are maxed out, but they won't be laughing when my twinks pwn their alts in goldshire or if I find them in westfall.

Simply put, twinking is fun and different then the normal way wow players play.

I think because it allows me to have fun in pvp (whether it's the once in a while competitive match or the fun occasionally pwning teams) without a huge time devotion. I can level a toon in a couple hours. Spend a couple more hours getting 90% or so Bis, spend like 5 bucks for some gold,and go have fun. Being at an engineering school time is an amenity and when I use it on Wow I want to jump right in to the games.

Because endgame is boring and everything you can get from max level won't matter 5 years down the road anyways. End gamers may be stronger once they are maxed out, but they won't be laughing when my twinks pwn their alts in goldshire or if I find them in westfall.

Simply put, twinking is fun and different then the normal way wow players play.

This sums it up for me. Though I could care less about "pwning" someone's poor alt and I do not find endgame "boring". There is just not a lot left for me that I like any more.
In just a matter of weeks all those people that "worked" so hard gearing multiple alts and even reaching 2400 rating will be be wiped clean all with one master stroke. Gear from last expansion will be just as powerful as the most powerful PvP gear you can current get come 6.2.
Now, look at twinks, some of the gear/enchants/items that we use are FIVE expansions old. Hard to beat that on end game.
Nowadays I just get on my 100 to do my daily Garrisonville chores, post my daily auctions and do an achievement here and there to inch my way up to 20k.
Have a great day!

/cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
somehow twinking resembles me TF2 alot
i hate how classes works on endgame also, and i have no interest on WoD content and any other thing that doesnt drop a rare mount

i like how playing rogue twink feels exactly as a spy
must play smart and know who to burst down, if got caught out of stealth will mostly be killed

sad fact: i stopped playing spy on pubs because of how much people play pyro and have no clue of what they are doing, and i couldnt stand going against 4 pyros on the same team

then i made a rogue, farmed glass cannon, got killed 100% to 0% only with priest's dot and moonfire, oh the karma
guess i forgot to farm some bandages

I play because everyone isn't anonymous. I have friends and enemies built over the last 6 years. I know many of their skill levels and coordinate my play accordingly.

I also play because I can update gear once per xpac/patch quickly. I play maybe 5 hours a week. I don't feel compelled to log in daily to complete menial tasks. It's refreshing. Now if Blizzard would only have a pay model for my playstyle...

I must agree with this sentiment. The communities formed in twink brackets are the ones that keep me playing. I like to be able to get in a game and recognize people both in my team and the other team and know whether the game will be competitve or not.

Twinking to me, brings a lot of simplicity. Faster to level to bracket level, faster to gear, faster to kill.

The ability to try various classes and builds. As a person that plays every aspect of wow, from pet battles to max lvl pvp to max lvl raiding, proving grounds, challenge modes...all that. You try to find the fun in every part of the game so it never gets boring.
Some of the differences between max content and twinking, is that end game content tends to change, different raids, bosses, gear and because it can so easily change. The value of the gear you acquire becomes less unique, twinking provides a BiS list almost consistantly. Although this is a small difference it is one of the reasons that a person can feel proud of his/her BiS gear on their twink at any point in time.

I play maybe 5 hours a week. I don't feel compelled to log in daily to complete menial tasks. It's refreshing.

Exactly this. I've been burnt out from end game raiding for a good while now. Two weeks into Blackrock and I just could do it anymore...

Come home from work, cook a lousy dinner, prep for raid (research fights, opinions, tactics) raid 7-10 while wiping to the same boss all night, repeat T/W/Th and you can't break schedule. It's brutal!

It was fun for a while, but I just couldn't keep it up after raiding for 3 months straight.

Met some really nice people in the bracket, so it makes it fun.

Why do you twink?

Got to do something between bong hits & packing your pipe

Read this twice so far, once yesterday and once today. Laughed both times.

That endgame treadmill gets tiresome...
As some have opined, it is nice to be able to hop on the game, queue up for a few min a week and play a game or two and then go about your business.
Have a nice day.

/cheers

Users who are viewing this thread