why do amost all other huntards run +3 agi gems?

Marbo

Legend
Hi

I run +2sta/+2agi gems and that pushes me over 2100 HP. don`t you huntards feel too squishy going full agi gems? Is the extra 20-25 agi really worth it? it cant be that much more dps?

<- huntard Thaldar

Scalings are crazy high so agility is very useful. Lots of defensives in feign, disengage, heal, turtle, cheetah, all the cc etc. You're hard to kill - even survival has so many tools to go in and out.

Because if you kite so badly as a hunter you need extra stam, you’re doing it wrong.

in BGs it rarely 1vs1, so kiting is not allways that possible. Sure, kiting is the name of the huntard game. But when in BGs that can be hard with multible enemies on you.

in BGs it rarely 1vs1, so kiting is not allways that possible. Sure, kiting is the name of the huntard game. But when in BGs that can be hard with multible enemies on you.
Like I said, if you kite so badly you need extra stam, you’re doing it wrong.

Even if that was the case, just press a button and delete them. You’re a hunter. If your stam is holding you back you’re doing it wrong.

or, better, delete your hunter and actually play the game.

Last edited:
Hi

I run +2sta/+2agi gems and that pushes me over 2100 HP. don`t you huntards feel too squishy going full agi gems? Is the extra 20-25 agi really worth it? it cant be that much more dps?

<- huntard Thaldar

It's the same reason you don't take +2crit+2 agility gems... unneeded and does not do enough... all you care about is killing one guy with 2-3 button presses and having harpoon reset, so you can repeat the process.

Honestly if they took away the terms of engagement it would be the most noticeable thing to survival dps. Imagine a DK having deathgrip reset at 20 every kill (instead of getting a 100 damage deathstrike :p)... every game would be chaos.

If you are that worried about dying once you run out of the 3-4 defensives you have :wheelchair: - do what most of the degenerate hunter scum have been doing = run a premade with hunters and healers to faceroll BGs with zero challenge.

Hi

<- huntard Thaldar

i am not very sure what are the stats at lvl20 .. i play lvl19 .. one day all my lvl19 will eventually be 20 i suppose .. i believe its the same for both lvl19 and lvl20 .. what you need to do first is to max out your dmg coming from your gear's secondary stats (hunters are unique in this aspect).. to do that you need savant gears .. if you cant get all savant, your next best option is harmon gear with max mas and minim versa (no compromise) .. with these your mastery should provide over 70% increased to all your dmg (figures based on a mix of savant and harmon gears), and put your range at about 54 yards (with Elekk activated it will push past 57 yards and +90% dmg from total mastery).. based on these, you should find gears that has these secondary stats PLUS a socket on them.. and use your 2agil/2stam gems to boost your stam.. yes you are right, the extra 20+ agil points doesnt give you a further significant increase in the dmg provided by the already high mas stat (but i believe there are players who like to gear max dmg, so they will use +3 agil gems).. if you use 10% food and 10% word fort you will feel even better .. note again the above is from lvl19 mm hunter

for surv hunters, the following data are for your reference .. with the above gears corresponding to a lvl19 surv, you get 88% increase dmg, 5.2% health regen per 5 sec .. when elekk is activated you get 110% dmg increase plus 6.6% health regen every 5 sec .. remember all these figures are not base on pure savant gears, which will push it even higher if you have it.. i suppose for surv hunter, if you can get socket with leech on your gears would be wonderful

i am still testing out the mm spec .. the base crit (zero coming from gears), even though low, is giving hunters sufficient crit rate .. i need some time to match the data to decimated or peerless gear hunters (i dont know when i am gonna do it, even though i have a few sets ready so long ago) to decide if there is any huge difference in the overall output, which i seriously doubt

in the meantime, when you want to buy gears from the AH, you can "roughly" calculate mm hunter dmg output using the following: agil = 1, mastery = 0.8 (i use 0.9), versa = 0.4 .. this will somewhat let you decide which gear to choose if you cant decide on options .. some socketed gears perform less than those without even after putting in agil gems

Users who are viewing this thread