Why are people not in voice chat in Discord?

Allybeboba

Legend
When I join the XPOff.com Discord channel generally people are just sitting in 'general' text chat. Why don't people ever join the voice channels?
In the other Discord channels that I visit, people don't seem to have issues with talking in voice chat.

I've actually considered deleting some of the voice channels due to their lack of use. It is a shame. The staff uses the voice channels somewhat frequently, when we have our meetings. I use my office all the time when I'm playing GoW4 or doing rated arenas with my friends. The Discord server really isn't nearly as active as I'd like it to be. We have almost 400 members, but there's usually only about 60 online at one time. The Widget I put on the home page has helped a lot in its growth, but I think it would grow a lot more if people would advertise it in game; same with the website. Don't forget that I'm always open to suggestions. Anything you think might help or improve things, feel free to give your input!

Personally I just talk with the people I wanna talk to when it's relevant. That usually doesn't involve joining a public discord. I also usually keep to myself. That doesn't mean I can't be social, I just don't tend to join public discords for that purpose. Maybe others have it the same way.

Because more than likely a lot of these "tough guys" are in fact about a buck nine limp wrist'd beta males with high pitched voices

honestly who would want to sit in the xpoff discord and for what reason? people have their own discord channels

Like @Stabilt said.

I would rather use my own voice channel because all I ever do is talk to my close buds in voice chats anyway.

It would probably sound like the CoD chat you get dumped into that you immediately have to turn off!
Jk

It seems that people would like to use their "own" Discord.

If people were join XPoff's Discord there would be no need for your "own" Discord.
There once was a time when Twinks got along very freely in open voice chat.

If people were join XPoff's Discord there would be no need for your "own" Discord.
Maybe take the hint that people don't want to be in the same discord as you? ;)

Maybe people want to have their own discord channel with friends and not be interrupted by random people? :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread