EU Why 10/20/30 etc

chris54t

Veteran
I'm new to twinking and this might sound a silly question but why do people lock their XP at lvl 10, 20 or 30 and not go on to 19, 29 or 39 etc. I would have thought that the extra 9 levels still keeps them in the same BG groups and also makes them stronger with more abilities etc

20 cos thats the max level for starter edition. if you are starter edition and lock xp at 19, you cant join bgs, blizzard wont let you. being at the lower end of the bracket is the cost of not paying the subscribtion

10 cos its the lowest level to join bgs. those people want swag and not the best stats for the bracket.

30 ive never heard of.

other reasons for lower end of the bracket is for pve. i dunno about other levels, but 110 do really well in pve cos mobs scale to their level. they can get bfa azerite gear and antorus gear. 110 is also a special level cos they get their own bracket in pvp, not merged with 111 to 119

10 used to be much, much better. And it has it's moments. The reason is that the stats on the items would scale very well, meaning you would have significantly higher stats than if you were 19.

Not the case so much now.

Furthermore, the reason people do at 60,70,80,90,100,110...Those are mostly due to expansion capping to do PVE at those levels.

10 used to be much, much better. And it has it's moments. The reason is that the stats on the items would scale very well, meaning you would have significantly higher stats than if you were 19.

Not the case so much now.

Furthermore, the reason people do at 60,70,80,90,100,110...Those are mostly due to expansion capping to do PVE at those levels.

Don't forget 85s.

I wonder if Blizz will ever do a 5 level expansion again?

I really wished after 60, they did 5 (at the most, I'd even take 2) levels at most.

Things keep getting more and more out of whack. And that's half the reason they keep needing stat squishes.

Besides, when it gets to like level 140, imagine that...They are going to have to make leveling so fast, you'll get like 5 levels a quest.

I wonder if Blizz will ever do a 5 level expansion again?

I really wished after 60, they did 5 (at the most, I'd even take 2) levels at most.

Things keep getting more and more out of whack. And that's half the reason they keep needing stat squishes.

Besides, when it gets to like level 140, imagine that...They are going to have to make leveling so fast, you'll get like 5 levels a quest.

Or everyone will start at level 20, like the allied races.

ye but 1-20 is like 1-2 hours with looms, 1-120 is like 80+ hours altogether
80+ hours? Can be done sooner, but to be entirely fair...

1-120 is shorter than it was for 1-60.

And that in itself is just an odd thing to say.

Soooo much time in Silithus and EPL.

I know the title only refers to 10/20/30. But I am curious if there are many 40s or 50s out there.

(Edit: Also this thread probably doesn't belong in the "Free to Play" section.)

That's pretty awesome! What realm were they on?

Daggerspine but moved to Moon Guard Alliance. This is for US. There is an EU counter part as well.

The FIFTY project was insanely challenging (and fun!). This xpac has huge potential for this to start up again. Just missing numbers.

Bg wise though, 59s will dominate.

Yeeeeeeah, cant wait for classic <3
Rly want make 29/39 STV terror squad.. Also remember 10' from cata days when they was overtuned in 10-14 bracket.
I already have f2p L10 UD rogue (already exalted with Dark Lady's city), but sadly without any real meaning, cuz fkin WMode and nobody running around with warmode off AND pvp enable .. Also cant log into bg, cuz Blizzurds rules, what was said here earlier

Users who are viewing this thread