Who still actively plays WoW?

Is WoW "Cancerous"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WhyIsDarkDark

Grandfathered
I stopped playing WoW since summer ended to focus on school but I still stay on XpOff because I really enjoy this "Cancerous community"XD Jk Jk Jk I love you guys :DI've been watching the "Cancerous"AsmonGold (JKJK)react to videos and all I've seen is on those videos is how "Cancerous" WoW is right now D; Does anyone still actively enjoy WoW? (WoW NEVEr fuLly gOEs CaNCEROUs)

Every expansion has its critics. Typically they’re the most vocal of the bunch as well. WoW is fine, it’s got a bunch of different things for a wide range of players.

I actually think it's good atm. Constant class changes to try and balance things (with an endgame PoV ofc). It's good to see that Blizzard is finally starting to care a bit more I feel like, and attempt to do a lot of tweaks that affect both endgame and twinks. Twinks are most likely just passively affected by the endgame changes, and probably not specifically targeted by any means, but it honestly feels great.

Expansion is still new and refreshing, so there's that aspect too. Stuff to do, things to explore, exploits to be found, etc. All-in-all great fun atm.

but it honestly feels great
>thinking of making 29 enh shaman which is already sux by default
>other day reading this:
Enhancement
  • All damage reduced by 5% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
  • Mana regeneration reduced by 30% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
  • Healing Surge (Enhancement only) healing reduced by 33% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
Feels great.

Millions and millions of people.

The same boohooing you see each expansion, likely to be followed by people missing the expansion after and boohooing over the next one.

The community has been complaining for 14 years now. ;)

Don't play that much cuz irl stuff
But expac is still relatively good but not as good as legion pve wise.
Classes feel clunky because they were built on legions artifact but without the artifacts (

Here's my opinion:

I started playing in TBC and played solid until WoD release. I quit because I hated the garrison grind and IRL stuff got in the way.

I returned in BFA and focus mainly on my 60 twinks. I'm having great fun on them. Classes are pretty unbalanced but Blizzard are making tweaks here and there for pvp (slowly) and I have hope.

I levelled a character to level 120 as I also enjoy end game content (usually) however this expantion I just cannot get my head around azerite traits. I missed the whole legendary talent point system which I've been told it 'replicates' slightly...
But from what I see - they've pruned classes around WoD. Then they add a load of abilities back to balance the classes out with the legendary system.
Now the legendary system is gone they need something else to fill the void that it's left... hence Azerite traits.

What I hate most about azerite traits is the fact that some are so much stronger than others. Some items that are 30+ ilvl are worthless because they don't have the right traits. It's really dumb.

Then there are classes such as warlock who are funnelled into going affliction because the only viable strat is to stack one trait and use the same method to win games.

In pve you are ignored without the correct azerite traits and denied opportunities to pug.

But above all. This whole system just lacks creativity, lacks diversity and forces players into certain playstyles because the in-balance between the options is so vast.

End level sucks (imo). Twinking is still pretty fun.

Last sub I paid I played the first day and that was it.

I am bored of games atm though.

Does not stop me from coming to xpoff almost everyday though ;)

Here's my opinion:

I started playing in TBC and played solid until WoD release. I quit because I hated the garrison grind and IRL stuff got in the way.

I returned in BFA and focus mainly on my 60 twinks. I'm having great fun on them. Classes are pretty unbalanced but Blizzard are making tweaks here and there for pvp (slowly) and I have hope.

I levelled a character to level 120 as I also enjoy end game content (usually) however this expantion I just cannot get my head around azerite traits. I missed the whole legendary talent point system which I've been told it 'replicates' slightly...
But from what I see - they've pruned classes around WoD. Then they add a load of abilities back to balance the classes out with the legendary system.
Now the legendary system is gone they need something else to fill the void that it's left... hence Azerite traits.

What I hate most about azerite traits is the fact that some are so much stronger than others. Some items that are 30+ ilvl are worthless because they don't have the right traits. It's really dumb.

Then there are classes such as warlock who are funnelled into going affliction because the only viable strat is to stack one trait and use the same method to win games.

In pve you are ignored without the correct azerite traits and denied opportunities to pug.

But above all. This whole system just lacks creativity, lacks diversity and forces players into certain playstyles because the in-balance between the options is so vast.

End level sucks (imo). Twinking is still pretty fun.
Kinda same in my opinion.

I've really only been super casual end game since WoD. I played high end raiding until Cata hit, and just was burnt out and completely unhappy with Cata. So I started pretty much exclusively twinking, and got big into F2P.

MOP hit, and I loved it. I jumped back in, and raided semi-seriously. It was great, and I felt like I fell back in love with the game. But then WoD hit....and it just killed a lot of my interest. And each expansion since, I've gotten back in a bit, leveled, done end game..and it just doesn't appeal to me the same way it did in BC, WoTLK, and MoP. Legion was quite good, but still not on those levels. And BFA (so far) , Cata, and WoD I just...didn't care for enough to invest a great deal into.

But I love the game still, and love twinking. And I do keep an active sub and play it semi-regularly, and absolutely love F2P and some brackets for twinking.

Been playing exclusively on my Starter Edition account since middle of MoP. Haven't touched main account in years, except to log in an salute a Starcraft pet during Starcraft's 20th Anniversary.

As far as whether its cancerous... Of course it is! It's the internet, and everyone is anonymous. Why wouldn't it be cancerous/toxic? I play in spite of it, I will just occasionally vent to someone on my friend's list.

Users who are viewing this thread