Who else is not boarding the Classic hype train?

Discussion in 'General WoW' started by Faerondil, Aug 12, 2019.

Share This Page

Do you intend to play end game or twink in Classic

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    52.9%
  1. Faerondil

Faerondil Grandfathered

Just wondering who else really has no intention to spend a lot of time in Classic and why?

For me, I may dabble in it out curiosity for some stuff I never got around to doing and some nostalgia, but I just don’t plan on investing that much time in the game needed to do either end game or twinking.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Warglave

Warglave Member

I don't plan on much at all, just coming at a good time for me to check it out. I will say, tho… was pretty nostalgic creating my old rogue and getting the name today. Didn't expect to feel anything, to be honest. We'll see how it goes.

I have zero interest in BfA right now tho, just grinding out the pathfinder so I can fly. Wouldn't be subbed if not for that.

So i'll check out classic when it drops. Not really hyped at all, tho.

edit- I also have little doubt that blizz with fug it up royally, screwing all of us somehow. So... no, not getting excited.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chops

Chops Soccer Dad

Gonna play it to enjoy the story and quest lines. Not sure I'll play end game (not even sure Ill get there) and I 100% am not going to twink. Just really setting up for the inevitable TBC server releases and hoping beyond hope that they'll allow you to copy your classic character to the TBC servers. It's a long shot, but it's really the only reason I'll even bother getting to 60.

4. Warglave

Warglave Member

I didn't do a single raid in classic, just played AV all the time on my 2 60's. Might do that one more time...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chops

Chops Soccer Dad

I didnt even hit 60 till after TBC released. So I would like to maybe see the raids? Once or twice? Maybe tag along as an off tank for a guild that has them on farm?

• Like Like x 2
  6. ohti

ohti 20 Coordinator 20-29

upload_2019-8-12_18-55-32.png
    I have no clue how to answer this properly

7. Warglave

Warglave Member

My first 70 was 2 weeks before TBC was over. LOL. That was when I did most of my twinking, the couple 19s I had in classic were pathetic. Still are, but 2 got the sergeant title at least so I wont delete them.

8. OP
    Faerondil

Faerondil Grandfathered

This is probably me. Just totally at my leisure.

I would probably put in the work to do TBC endgame and maybe arena. Especially if any of my old friends and guildies were active!

9. Sin'dor

Sin'dor Member

Well, if we accept the logic at face value... then you vote "Yes" unless you intend to do neither. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Tom Ganks

Tom Ganks Formerly Robo

Thread title is entirely different than thread poll. I don't buy into the hype with many things nowadays. But I'll play it if people say it's good.

11. Donor

Donor XPOff-topic Bro

i lucked into 72 hrs of free gametime
    rite when they opened name reservation
    was hype about it for all of the 15 mins
    reserved my names
    who dafuq knows if i will play tho

12. Imnotabelf

Imnotabelf Grandfathered

Nope, it's a massive time sink and I don't have that option anymore. Not getting my character name sucks either (been at work all day).

• Like Like x 1
  13. CIHC

CIHC That One OG

I'm torn honestly.

Hear me out though. I played as a LOLArcane Mage. Was very fun but I am debating about not going because of the whole time sink idea. I don't even have enough time in my day to play two damn 120's. Blizzard wants me to drop everything and go back to walking up a hill to Orgrimmar and back just because I don't have 100g?

I'm on the fence.

14. Dragpz

Dragpz Veteran

I'm pretty much in the same boat as everyone here. Classic was great and I made some great memories, but that was ages ago. Also, I played on two Classic private servers before and I'm not really hankering for any more vanilla gameplay. Closest I'll probably get is watching some streamer play it

15. Nurd

Nurd Veteran

The more i waited the more the hype faded, sure, i want a better WoW than BFA but this just isnt it.

The game has alot of issues personally, and i just dont wanna go through them again.

16. icehawk

icehawk The Beast Within

I’ve never played Classic. I started during Wrath, so I never experienced the whole 60 and raids and stuff.
    I’m not sure what to do here. To twink, u really need to have some coin or higher level prof alts to help chant and gear u up. That will be a struggle for me being time poor.
    What is the consensus with levels people will be playing at?
    Is it worth gearing a 60 toon? I’m over the whole end game grind, would prefer to twink in a lower bracket, but will need higher level toons - or any guilds gonna fund a poor Aussie.....:p

17. Mythical

Mythical Lord

Tons of irl friends are making 60s and moving to servers with entire guilds., and will help me fund a 19 so. Probably not gunna grind out a 60.

idk who knows, landed good names so. well see might level my 110 surv to 120, and wreck arenas on retail.

18. Zemmix

Zemmix The Great and Powerful Moderator

Yeah. Definitely. I've been bored with WoW since WoD for anything other than F2P. :/ And even that I found this last year I have trouble keeping interest for long periods.

This is much more how I want to enjoy the game, and I will have a lot more fun playing PVE this way. Also, likely RP as well. As for twinking? Hrm. I'll eventually have a 49 and a 19, probably.

I mean, I'd even more so love a MOP or WoTLK or BC server...Especially MOP, but hey.

Maybe someday. :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Kaløyan

Kaløyan Member

wow bannnn.jpg

As silenced in Retail WoW until 12 October, is that means I cant chat in Classic too? :O But... Classic is all about chat and reputation. How am I going to survive in Classic without a guild or something? Im focked then... I wont try Classic. I`ll try it if I can chat and spam.

20. Turdel

Turdel Member

I wouldn't be posting on these forums if it weren't for classic.

20 twinks are much like BFA.

Both are abominations

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Surprised Surprised x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)