Which slot can proc socket from WOD gears

linh nguyen

Veteran
Hi guys, I never play WOD expansion so I was wondering which gear slot can proc socket or can they all do? At first I was under assumption that they can all proc socket but I thought i saw somewhere someone said only 6 pieces can proc socket? Can someone please clarify for me.

So even classic drops like https://www.wowhead.com/item=12462/embrace-of-the-wind-serpent?bonus=8810?

Safe to assume wowhead doesn’t know what it’s talking about (normal)?

this chest piece can proc a tert but not a socket.

Only one of the 6 slots mentioned above can proc a socket.

for example. A ring that drops from a BFA dungeon can still proc both socket and tert

a warlords of draenor ring can proc all 3, warforge, socket, tert

a chest piece that drops in available dungeons these days can only ever proc tert, unless it’s from WOD, and then it can proc warforge and or tert

i’m pretty sure i have a socketed trinket from atal’dazar on my 20 sham. will check when home if i dont forget it.

to be clear, any of these items are grandfathered as of DF.

it was possible to have a tert and a socket on ALL bfa dungeon drops through SL

I have many trinkets, capes, weapons and armor pieces that are not part of those 6 slots mentioned above from BFA dungeons that were farmed last expansion that have tert and socket.

this chest piece can proc a tert but not a socket.

Only one of the 6 slots mentioned above can proc a socket.

for example. A ring that drops from a BFA dungeon can still proc both socket and tert

a warlords of draenor ring can proc all 3, warforge, socket, tert

a chest piece that drops in available dungeons these days can only ever proc tert, unless it’s from WOD, and then it can proc warforge and or tert
Can E really proc a tert? I farmed that one for a week straight getting about 150 chest drops never seen it proc anything. Might have something to do with that chest already being way over budget stat wise. (+11/11/11 vs your average epic proc chest which is +13/+13 secondary stats)

Last edited:
Can Embrace of the Wind Serpent really proc a tert? I farmed that one for a week straight getting about 150 chest drops never seen it proc anything. Might have something to do with that chest already being way over budget stat wise. (+11/11/11 vs your average epic proc chest which is +13/+13 secondary stats)

yes. It absolutely can. It’s a relatively easy farm too

https://www.wowhead.com/item=11808/circle-of-flame also easy epic to farm from vanilla BRD, can also proc socket, bis use effect. For almost all classes, intelect based specs are the easiest to start farming epics, since 4 slots (head, chest, weapon, off-hand) can be farmed quickly from vanilla dungeons, also they can get the ooze trinket, and then fill the rest with WoD gear.

Hi, dont know if this is known but, i have been farming the Garrison inn daily quests to see if the box that they give could have a chance to proc an wpic/warforged item.

After 40-50 quests completed, i just got a warforged neck from a chest with an alter (lvl 20)
Can you post a screenshot? Quite awesome.

Can you post a screenshot? Quite awesome.
I think i need 2 posts to add links, i will try to post after this one but yeah, i didn't post before because i was not sure at 100% if they could have a chance to warforge because the box isn't are not a boss drop.
[doublepost=1676673369,1676672582][/doublepost]I thought i got the proof at the chat where i got this item, but i just saved this screenshot from the game at the moment i got it. It was for completing the quest from Iron Docks.

As an aditional info: In order to get the dailies, you must have the garrison at level 2 and the garrison tabern/inn. I believe is not necesary to upgrade the building to lvl 2 to get the dailies, every day you will "have a visit to your garrison inn" of a NPC that provides the quest.
Anyways, at level 2 you have 2 NPC at the same time that gives quests, so if you are not using the book to improve the builiding to lvl 2 you can use it here (remember that the book you can only get once!).

If i get another purple drop from the dailies i will re-post it properly. Also i want to remark that i have completed like 40-50 quests so far, i was close to give up hehehe

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_021623_205513.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_021623_205513.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 154
I have a question. Could I boost someone who is in WoD timewalking through a WoD normal if I am not in WoD timewalking? Thinking of adopting a twink n boostin em.

Users who are viewing this thread