Which Garrison Buildings?

Jonjonho

Veteran
We have

1 big slot (replace barracks with goblin workshop?)
1 medium slot (only barn makes sense?)
2 small slots (no idea which 2 to choose)

As a pure f2p who will need to level up professions which buildings should I go for?

Last edited:
I dont think it matters. You cant upgrade it to level 3 anyway.

You can upgrade only the Fishing Shack and Lunarfall Excavation (mine) to level 2, IMO. 1000 gold for blueprint + 300 gold to upgrade it.

I dont think anything in F2P garrison is useful.

I switched large slot to Bunker to get the higher chance of upgrades.

Medium I went to Lumber Mill first to boost resources and get the trinket. Then switch to Trading Post for buying mats to level cooking.

Others r really ur choice.
I went Enchanting to make ring chants. Also to DE items. I think u can do items lower or equal to WoD items.

Picked up the lumber mill day 1 or 2 of the pre-patch for the trinket but since then I've been rocking:
  • Engineering works (which is kind of useless outside of convenience, especially if you're a vet. Being able to spend my Secrets of Draenor Engineering without having to go to Stormshield is nice.)
  • Storehouse for the bank (make all my engi CDs at the engineering works usually then walk 10 feet down the road and there's a bank to deposit all my shit into the rbank, again, convenience.)
  • Stables because I want to see how many mounts I can get if any at all, but I think going horde reset my dailies so I'll look back into that once I'm back alliance. Subject to change, probably go with the barracks for patrol missions.
  • Trading post for producing my own garrison resources (also might be worth spending said resources in the future on flipping mats for small profits at the same building. With the restrictions a level 10 has in the garrison I can't seem to spend my resources as fast as I'm getting them.)

Picked up the lumber mill day 1 or 2 of the pre-patch for the trinket but since then I've been rocking:
  • Engineering works (which is kind of useless outside of convenience, especially if you're a vet. Being able to spend my Secrets of Draenor Engineering without having to go to Stormshield is nice.)
  • Storehouse for the bank (make all my engi CDs at the engineering works usually then walk 10 feet down the road and there's a bank to deposit all my shit into the rbank, again, convenience.)
  • Stables because I want to see how many mounts I can get if any at all, but I think going horde reset my dailies so I'll look back into that once I'm back alliance. Subject to change, probably go with the barracks for patrol missions.
  • Trading post for producing my own garrison resources (also might be worth spending said resources in the future on flipping mats for small profits at the same building. With the restrictions a level 10 has in the garrison I can't seem to spend my resources as fast as I'm getting them.)

which trinket do we get from lumber mill?

Worth noting is Blingtron 5000 comes from Engineering works (recipe is bought and all mats are free through engineering works vendors in garrison) . I remember on my EU f2p account I used to pray for someone to put Blingtron up so I could have a chance at free Goblin Gliders.

I think this is really great - even as vet tbh.

Daily Gift package details here - https://www.wowhead.com/item=113258/blingtron-5000-gift-package

Last edited:
Engineering works also has the ability to make goblin gliders if you're not an engineer, instead of waiting on blingtron or needing to be vet for AH

We have

1 big slot (replace barracks with goblin workshop?)
1 medium slot (only barn makes sense?)
2 small slots (no idea which 2 to choose)

As a pure f2p who will need to level up professions which buildings should I go for?

I grabbed barracks since I did the talador questline in full to get rank 2 barracks for a bodyguard. I just really like the bodyguards. I got the rank 2 trading post (gorgrond questline i think), as well so I could work on the rep.

Dwarven Bunker and Inn level 2. Talador and Gorgrond quest lines give you 1 large and medium upgrade option.

The bunker gives you a chance at upgrades and the inn has a couple dungeon daily quests for a piece of gear, (which the bunker works for).
Interestingly enough, changing your chromie timeline seems to change the quest givers so you can generally do 3-4 quests a day.

Users who are viewing this thread