Which Bracket?

So I want to get into twinking.
Having no experience so far, I am looking for advice on a fun/competitive bracket that plays frequently. I don't want to have 1 day a month, or 1 day a week to play on my twink.
Am I expecting more people to be twinking then there are?
I assume farming honor on my main and sending PVP boas on over is the best plan?
Should I be picking a server others are on or is there some way to play Xrealm now that 5.0.4 hit so I can take advantage of my BOAs?

I wish I could find a guide on helping new players figure out where they wanna invest time into.

Thanks in advance.

And this is all on the US servers?
Someone said to me that battlegroups don't matter now that there is some new feature that pools all battlegroup queues together? Is that true because I can't find anything confirming this.

So why is 20-24 so active? Seems like a weird bracket to turn XP off at.

And this is all on the US servers?
Someone said to me that battlegroups don't matter now that there is some new feature that pools all battlegroup queues together? Is that true because I can't find anything confirming this.

So why is 20-24 so active? Seems like a weird bracket to turn XP off at.

The 20-24 bracket is the most active bracket because of f2p. Free too play world of warcraft have the limit of level 20. When they have reached level 20 they are locked in experience. There for there are a huge amount of players in that bracket. So people with p2p (pay too play) makes 24 twinks.

Oh very interesting!
So basically when you hit lvl 20 on a f2p account you get put into the xp-off bracket, which the p2p players go to 24 and xp-off to join them?

Is there a specific battlegroup that has more people doing this then others? Is it worth me joining said battlegroup/server to join them if I lose out of my BOAs or should I just stick to Illidan?

Oh very interesting!
So basically when you hit lvl 20 on a f2p account you get put into the xp-off bracket, which the p2p players go to 24 and xp-off to join them?

Is there a specific battlegroup that has more people doing this then others? Is it worth me joining said battlegroup/server to join them if I lose out of my BOAs or should I just stick to Illidan?

No not really. If you play US servers all bg's are combined into 1 big battlegroup. So choosing what server doesn't matter. If you want to play with others at 24 you should look for a guild in the guild section of the 20-24 bracket forum.

On Europe servers all bg's are merged into 1 big battlgroup. But you can only join with your specific language. If you play on German realms the system must find 10 german players to get a pop, you won't be able to play with EN, SP as German but you can face them. So basicly you need 10 players from your own language and the opponents can be either Spain, German or EN. So the fastest way to get pop on EU is to play on EN realms.

Awesome info! Thanks so much.

Looks like a 24 Shaman is what i'm gonna do. I only have PVE boas currently, so I guess i'm forced to farm those on my main at some point.

20-24 is not the most active twink bracket, i play 15-19, 20-24 (with F2P-20's) and 70-74

70-74 is the largest and most active twink bracket in the game.....you can get any of the 5 BGs on queing random. basic game is 1-70 now, alot of people get the basic game and are either slow to get expansions or don't get them. so they end up in the bracket, getting PVP gear is easy and cheap, and PVE gear is now easy to farm using 85's and will become easier when MOP rolls

15-19 is next

then 20-24, but ii'm still saying it is active, horde ques times can be near instant to 5 minutes, alliance ques times are more painfull like 8-12 minutes+. bracket does good because people get the trial and don't upgrade or are slow the upgrade. so it is a gathering point bracket like that of those players with the basic 1-70 game

15-19 and 20-24 is about the same length of queues.
The 19 community is tho bigger, because 24's isn't really.. uhm, welcomed by the F2Pers.

70 is awesome, but you have to be willing to level ofc :D
It is also good, because you aren't in need of a main to farm BoAs like other brackets.

Users who are viewing this thread