Where am I going, F2P or P2P?

Tiibi

Legend
So... I would love to hear some arguments for & against f2p/p2p.
I've played in this bracket before, not long though, and I'm looking to come back again.

Where should I play? :confused:
(Would also appreciate a top 3 server list on f2p & p2p on EU)

;) :D

F2P isn't really conventional twinking, you have to consider it to be it's own endgame.

F2P can be fun in moderation, it has it's ups and downs.

The big argument not to go p2p 20 / 24 is that you are pretty much just paying for free content. You can go ahead and dedicate a toon to one shotting and what not, but personally, I don't really have the need for that kind of validation, so I don't understand it.

All in all, this bracket would be actively balanced and alot more fun if it was only f2ps.

I think that's the nicest/ most accurate way I can sum it up.

F2P. "it's just better, man."

Yeah? Well, you know, that's just like uh, your opinion, man. - YouTube

(You were just begging for it.)

F2p- people will admit defeat if you beat them on even grounds, if you beat ppl as p2p they will shrug it off as you crutching. Getting rare items and gear means something on a f2p so its more rewarding.

P2p- steamroll those freeloaders xD

Honestly the only 24 that might be any fun is glasscannon affliction lock or fury war (cuz yknow they are both so pathetic seeing them maxed out would be funny)

The thing is; it is both fun.

It is up to you what you want to do with it. Making a character from cratch as f2p is fun but this is not so different from the p2p game just a bit smaller. With the right people anything works :)

Both sides of this story have positive and negative sides but in the end it is your choice and by simply making both you will gain the most. Both have communities like on Aggramar H (f2p) or the <Gurubashi Surf Club> A (p2p) on Ravencrest.

One thing though which is wrong is asking this in the f2p section while this is 20-24 related. Probably the only thing you will find here are anti p2p players comments.

If you want to become a better player in this bracket just go f2p.
If you think your skills are beyond anything imaginable, and you can carry bgs to wins, not gy farm every single match,become hated by f2ps, gear correctly, then go p2p.
/imo

Last edited by a moderator:
Which seems more fun to you?

Overcoming seemingly unsurmountable odds to score a kill on an epic boss (using all your skills and cool down, odds are still against you)
or
killing anything on the map in 1 gcd.

I played at 24 briefly before f2p.

The best option is probably to go p2p with 20 f2p restrictions because the game will be more interesting and you won't have to spend/ waste time farming for gear, If you decide it's not for you, you can always go 24. You can always play at 90 when the queue times, jaja's, or frustration get to you (if you go ally side be prepared for some serious head scratching).

You should find a new genre. i know i know, i sound like a downer but really, if you started in 2004 asking me the same question i would say wow. Wow, that answer is fucked up right? Find something different. Mmorpgs in their current state are so old, so dated, so used up and spent. They havent seen innovation in a long time and you wont be happy with it tbh. Break the cycle, be different from the rest of us and explore new horizons, then send a post card (to us) about how great whatever you found is. Please lol.

You should find a new genre. i know i know, i sound like a downer but really, if you started in 2004 asking me the same question i would say wow. Wow, that answer is fucked up right? Find something different. Mmorpgs in their current state are so old, so dated, so used up and spent. They havent seen innovation in a long time and you wont be happy with it tbh. Break the cycle, be different from the rest of us and explore new horizons, then send a post card (to us) about how great whatever you found is. Please lol.

nice post, but gotta laugh after reading and thinking(he was just talking about a video game).

Why not have a taste of both? Go p2p with f2p gear restrictions. More laid back gearing/leveling toons, but bgs will still have the same competitive fun as if you were f2p. But if you're refering to enchanted/scrolled/etc p2p vs f2p, go f2p (Coming from a p2p).

F2P - challenge, a hell lot of spent time, rage and tears vs P2P.
P2P - no challenge, things are much easier to get than on F2P, can kill people in 2GCD.
The only exception are 24 P2P gimp classes - fury warr, ench sham, afli lock, retr pala. These classes are so fucking broken in 20-24 bracket, that using enchants and going P2P just gives them a chance to survive and kill.

To summarize F2P - real challenge (game is like a second work), P2P - no challenge (game is like a holiday). This is true to hardtriers only of course :3

I used to play F2P a lot to what I consider an ok'ish standard as Mage.

Pro's: It was fun and you knew a lot of people, also it wasn't too addictive and you can just play some games and go do whatever else.
Con's: It's not balanced and it can also be boring after a lot of BG's everyday.

I am currently playing a 90 Mage (PvE/PvP). I do a lot of good raiding and have high tier gear (558IL) but I mainly do Arena from my love of PvP from F2P. I got to 2250 this season in 3's, 2388 in 5's and 2050 in 2's. So I feel like i'm a good end game PvP'er as well. But anyways..

Pro's: You get rating and some proof (ego booster). It requires more skill than f2p, and i think more fun.
Con's: It's a LOT more addictive. (dont want to talk about my /played). It DOES get tedious after a certain point of spamming Arena/PvE. And imo 90 end game fun is hugely dependant on skill (unless you're mount collector or whatever), Arena below 2k is garbage and stupid. PvE below Normal is also garbage.

Overall, i would recommend to someone who is deciding between F2P/P2P to ask themselves...

How much time do I have?

Do I want to really drive for something in particular (rating/raid progression)?

That's pretty much it, F2P is something you can pick up and use whenever for fun like [MENTION=16540]Fujin0[/MENTION] 's sister.

P2P is something you need to really work at for it to be fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and the whole above post is assuming you want to decide between 90 and 20, people who play 24 twinks are just bad.

If you play 24 twink its because you cant handle the amount of skill required at 1500 rating in 2's, so you need less buttons/Global's to kill things. If you want to decide between 20-24 then obviously go 20 with f2p restrictions. Don't be that guy. Never go full retard.

[MENTION=16540]Fujin0[/MENTION] 's sister.

Perfect thing to necro!

I went on TI to post this screenshot, looked through some threads, puked a bit, then saw the mention, best thing to ever happen.

So here goes:

Zkfy6do.jpg

Bracket sucks. Play both. It won't matter. You'll stomp on 99% of the bracket and the other 1% will be RNG based on crit, who your teammates are and other stuff that you can influence but not control. Play your F2P when you want a challenge against bad players with gear advantages that make them comparable to you; play your P2P when you want to just carry your awful teammates to a hollow victory.

F2P - challenge, a hell lot of spent time, rage and tears vs P2P.
P2P - no challenge, things are much easier to get than on F2P, can kill people in 2GCD.
The only exception are 24 P2P gimp classes - fury warr, ench sham, afli lock, retr pala. These classes are so fucking broken in 20-24 bracket, that using enchants and going P2P just gives them a chance to survive and kill.

To summarize F2P - real challenge (game is like a second work), P2P - no challenge (game is like a holiday). This is true to hardtriers only of course :3

or you could just ignore all this and roll nelf hunter or rogue and kill p2ps and f2ps alike :)

Users who are viewing this thread