When Vanilla WoW is re-released, I will be making an 'Ironman'. Some advice needed.

Domunique

Legend
Hey guys, when Vanilla WoW is re-released, I will be making an 'Ironman' with pure solo gameplay: (no Quests/Dungeons/Parties/Trade Enchants/Trading/Auction House/Mail).

The goal is to get to level 60, and I'm sure there will be some roadbumps along the way.

There are are certain Class Abilities and Class Perks that are only available through Quests, and therefore, will not be attainable for my Ironman, so I have to keep that in mind.

In order to achieve this goal, what 'Race/Class/Spec' combination would be the best choice?

Also, what professions should I choose?

I know this is a long winded question with many possible answers, but I'm willing to listen to all of them.

I'm actually not experienced in Vanilla WoW gameplay so my knowledge on Vanilla WoW mechanics is very limited, so all feedback and advice is deeply appreciated.

Thankyou.

Rogue would be the hardest class imo. Any melee specs. which depend on good weapons'll be trouble.
I'd choose a class/spec. that have strong self heals and defensive cd's OR a class with a pet.
BM hunter, lock, paladin'd be good chooices. Experienced vanilla players'll help you better :)
Good Luck. Sound interesting

Cant play BM hunter because you cant do pet quest at level 10. Basically makes hunter unplayable on all specs imo

so ur telling me ur gonna kill mobs for the entire leveling time or

You will die in the starting zone. Several times more than likely if you aren’t careful. Some quests require help. You will not be able to solo them. In The Ironman Challenge questing is allowed.
It’s not as simple as some may believe.
Basic rules are...
#1 don’t die. Game over if you do.

Only white gear is allowed EVER...
No enchantments
No talents
No professions primary or secondary
No potions, elixirs or flasks
No party joining. This means no mage portals/summons.
No instanced experience allowed.
No food buffs or external buffs. Self buffs are okay.
XP boosting activities are not allowed.
Mounts are allowed.

Ironman Vanilla will be very very difficult if not impossible. Although, I’m sure some some clever individuals will find a way. Remember, there is no scaling.
This is coming from an experienced Vanilla player.

/cheers

To me personally, I have no problem allowing deaths.

I also have no problem allowing talents.

I also have no problem allowing professions, as long as I make everything with materials that I gathered myself, with no other players help.

I also have no problem with wearing green or higher gear, so long as I loot/craft it myself, with no other players help.

When I say Ironman, I just meant this, A player that doesn't trade anyone, or use the AH. So I am completely self made and self sufficient.

I also have no problem allowing professions, as long as I make everything with materials that I gathered myself, with no other players help.

I also have no problem with wearing green or higher gear, so long as I loot/craft it myself, with no other players help.

When I say Ironman, I just meant this, A player that doesn't trade anyone, or use the AH. So I am completely self made and self sufficient.
Thats not ironman thats jusy being a loner

ok so whats the point of this

Basically I cannot play Hunters, because their Tame ability is Quest locked, so net Pet for me.

Warlocks are Quest locked alot too.

Shaman Totems are Quest locked too.

Rogue Pick-Pocketing and Poison's are quest locked too.

Mages/Paladins are the only ones that seem viable to me.

I don't care about Night Elve's, because I am not doing the 'no death' Ironman.

I'm just doing the regular Ironman challenge. Where I am self sufficient, with no outside player influence. Plus, if you think, after level 20 and over, that I will delete a toon that took so long to level up, just because a mob killed me, that's just.... too much to ask, and ridiculous.

This is Vanilla WoW we are talking about, it's already going to be hard enough guys, trust me.

Of course I will be doing this one a PvE server, because I am not a psychopath.

Hey Crystalpal, I personally wouldn't allow Dungeons/Raid on my Ironman, because I consider it 'outside player influenced' since your in a party fighting with teammates, but if you want to do it, do it, play by your own rules, that's the cool thing about this.

I will be playing a regular account also though, and when Vanilla WoW is released, I will be playing on a normal account for the first 2-3 months, and I will tell you why.

Because when the game is first released, the mobs in all low level areas will be scarce, if you know what I'm saying, it's going to be a damn hassle fighting for the mobs in lower level quest zones during the beginning periods of this release.

I'm just doing the regular Ironman challenge. Where I am self sufficient, with no outside player influence. Plus, if you think, after level 20 and over, that I will delete a toon that took so long to level up, just because a mob killed me, that's just.... too much to ask, and ridiculous.

Whats the point if youre already making excuses. If youre going to do it, do it properly, no pussy shit.

Also stop saying it's vanilla rereleasing, it's classic, it's different.

Whats the point if youre already making excuses. If youre going to do it, do it properly, no pussy shit.

Also stop saying it's vanilla rereleasing, it's classic, it's different.

Are you not reading the thread before spewing your garbage? He is not doing the Ironman challenge. He is doing a self sufficient challenge.

That’s not The Ironman Challenge my friend.
I listed the Ironman Challenge rules. Any deviation from it simply is not the Ironman Challenge.
The most important rule in Ironman...
You die, you start over.

/cheers
[doublepost=1556733734,1556733450][/doublepost]
Are you not reading the thread before spewing your garbage? He is not doing the Ironman challenge. He is doing a self sufficient challenge.

Being self sufficient in WoW is not really a “challenge”. Now is it? At least not while leveling. Hell, WoW hasn’t been a challenge for a long long time. That’s partly why the Ironman was invented. Because WoW is so damn easy.

It does state ‘Ironman’ in the title after all.

/cheers

That’s not The Ironman Challenge my friend.
I listed the Ironman Challenge rules. Any deviation from it simply is not the Ironman Challenge.
The most important rule in Ironman...
You die, you start over.

/cheers
[doublepost=1556733734,1556733450][/doublepost]

Being self sufficient in WoW is not really a “challenge”. Now is it? At least not while leveling. Hell, WoW hasn’t been a challenge for a long long time. That’s partly why the Ironman was invented. Because WoW is so damn easy.

It does state ‘Ironman’ in the title after all.

/cheers

ironman mode

I happen to know Domunique here plays Runescape as well, so I think this was just a way for him to describe his idea, and it just happens that WoW has the ironman challenge that's a different thing.

As for being self sufficient in wow not being a challenge, I beg to differ. That means no trading and no AH, which means you have to max every or almost every profession for your enchants, gear and supplies and relevel them often while gathering all the materials yourself.

Last edited:
A warlock might be the best option. A self-heal, a pet, fear CC that doesn't break on your dot damage immediately.
Hunter is nice too, but both classes need to be careful about either arrows/soul shards to do their abilities.

No class quessts no pets lol so not viable

Well actually come to think of it, some of us do this all the time ecksdeee
Most of my wow buddies have gone already last online 3 years ago

Users who are viewing this thread