US When boosting....

Farmagedon

Veteran
Is it better to kill every mob in sight or simply to rush through it for the completion bonus when doing RDF? If it is better to rush, how much benefit is the "speed" property?

Speed is worth quite a bit at 101 if you're doing dungeon runs, so get it where you can. However, when going for speed kills, keep in mind that as long as you're getting in 10 runs per hour, you're at the max capacity! Any faster, and you're not really saving yourself any time.

As far as mob kills, I personally don't bother pulling everything, since most of my buyers choose to stay at the entrance and afk til the dungeon's over anyway. The biggest bulk of XP gained through dungeons comes from completion anyway.

Speed is worth quite a bit at 101 if you're doing dungeon runs, so get it where you can. However, when going for speed kills, keep in mind that as long as you're getting in 10 runs per hour, you're at the max capacity! Any faster, and you're not really saving yourself any time.

As far as mob kills, I personally don't bother pulling everything, since most of my buyers choose to stay at the entrance and afk til the dungeon's over anyway. The biggest bulk of XP gained through dungeons comes from completion anyway.

I didn't know they got the xp if they stayed at entrance. Good to know, might be a good advertising tidbit. Thanks.

I didn't know they got the xp if they stayed at entrance. Good to know, might be a good advertising tidbit. Thanks.

They can out-range the mob kill XP, but they'll still get the XP from dungeon completions and such. But yeah, I always give 'em the option to AFK and let me do all the work. Makes paying money for character boosts seem like a better idea lol

They can out-range the mob kill XP, but they'll still get the XP from dungeon completions and such. But yeah, I always give 'em the option to AFK and let me do all the work. Makes paying money for character boosts seem like a better idea lol
I've had mixed reports. My friend had exp from the entrance in HoV from the left side boss, whereas some jackass random druid who died complained he got none.
Similarly in NL, i went directly to the end boss, one guy said he got a decent chunk of xp, equivalent to about half a lvl, where another told me he got only 1 bar.
Again in NL, another person told me they did not get mob exp from sitting in the initial part after jumping down the first hole to start the dungeon.

I know where is a good position to AFK for each dungeon, but since i let the customer decide individually, i don't announce, just place some markers to wait until i've removed them.
Most people will want to participate a little or follow along with you. I recommend people keep up at a distance to ensure they get all max exp.
This way, i can ensure they lvl up every 3 dungeons. (perhaps now i see why some people are saying 4-5 dungeons per lvl)
The feedback I received is to get maximum exp for the money, so i pretty much clear most of the dungeons.

When you've got a full 4-man premade, most of them will AFK in the start.

For these reasons, i charge people per dungeon. If they follow my advice to keep up at a safe distance, i can guarantee 3 runs per lvl (for majority of the time). When they just need a little extra, i give them a run for free.

I have some videos on my stream, perhaps you can learn something from the way i run, or even provide me some feedback on how i can do it better. Twitch.tv/sarthennis.

@Zårthenniz how you responded is basically what occurs. I say 4-5 dungeons myself, but then again my runs arent as clean as alot of other twinks. I know I can do it in 3 dungeons per level, but saying 4-5 gives me a safety net. A for giving away free runs, I do what I'd like to call appetizer runs. I would run people for free within my food buff window. BTW bruv, seen a few of your streams at twitch. Not to shabby.

Users who are viewing this thread