Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Nagrand Arena

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Ruins of Lordaeron

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

Rob

lurking
I've decided to keep this in the 60-69 forum section since map preference changes depending on what abilites you have available and what compositions are viable at your level/in your bracket.

blades-edge-1-thumbnail.jpg

Blade's Edge Arena

dalaran-sewers-1-thumbnail.jpg

Dalaran Sewers

nagrand-1-thumbnail.jpg

Nagrand Arena

ruins-of-lordaeron-1-thumbnail.jpg

Ruins of Lordaeron

Tiger's Peak and Tol'Viron aren't included in the 60 skirmish cycle so they're not included in the poll.

Really wanna vote in this but I see that you want only 60 thinks to vote and I respect ur decision so im gonna resist the temptation :p

p.s my favourite is the sewer

Really wanna vote in this but I see that you want only 60 thinks to vote and I respect ur decision so im gonna resist the temptation :p

p.s my favourite is the sewer
Appreciate it!

My favorite is Blade's Edge, because of all the opportunities you get with abilities like shadowstep etc. My least favorite is Ruins, because of the middle grave being so buggy. AoE abilities tend to not work or land even though you're standing on top of them just sligthly off the Z axis. :( (leg sweep, psychic scream, spirit link, shockwave, shadowfury etc)

Appreciate it!

My favorite is Blade's Edge, because of all the opportunities you get with abilities like shadowstep etc. My least favorite is Ruins, because of the middle grave being so buggy. AoE abilities tend to not work or land even though you're standing on top of them just sligthly off the Z axis. :( (leg sweep, psychic scream, spirit link, shockwave, shadowfury etc)

Exactly how I feel. Blades edge just provides so many options on how you play out your match, it allows so much mobility which I love. Whereas you have ruins and you can't move anywhere without sitting in each other.

As someone that has played arena at very very high levels, I honestly dont have a favorite purely because I have to take into account the pros/cons depending on the match up. The old Ruins map with the hard-core tomb and better starting areas was easily my favorite map at the time.

Currently, Rogues with burst of OP get destroyed the easiest on Ruins, but against BA Blades Edge is favorable. So I guess its a toss up between those. I absolutely cant stand Sewers its just so unbalanced and anti-fun.

Last edited:
If I have to pick an overall favorite, it'd be Nagrand, simply because it's probably the most "neutral" arena map out there with no added advantages in particular, whereas other maps heavily favors certain classes / comps.

Nagrand - Too boring/slow paced map. Should be like 20% smaller with the same pillar sizes.
Sewers - Best map in the game, but the pillars (boxes) should be larger, and the retarded starting tubes should just be replaced with tiny starting rooms at ground level so shamans don't abuse the tubes with totems.
Ruins - Idk how this map ever got implemented into the game.
Blade's Edge - Almost as good as sewers. The upstairs area (bridge) is way too open though and the los angles created by the absurdly small wooden pillars are just stupid. The stone pillars downstairs should be slightly bigger too. (not the ramp, the pillars directly under the bridge)

Last edited:
Sewers is the best map in the game hands down. Idk why ruins is still in the game.
Ruins is just an arena for Melee cleaves, to kill us unlucky priests other cloth users - I would vote for Sewers, but I used to like it more back when there was no ramp behind the boxes. Had to be more careful with knockback classes b4 - more fun imo

Ruins is just an arena for Melee cleaves, to kill us unlucky priests other cloth users - I would vote for Sewers, but I used to like it more back when there was no ramp behind the boxes. Had to be more careful with knockback classes b4 - more fun imo
I edited my post to add a little more explanation.
I agree sewers is too good for melee cleaves but that would be helped greatly by having larger pillars like I suggest in my post. It's the best map by far for healer/dps mirrors though.
Also old sewers would be broken with all the knockbacks that are in the game now.

I edited my post to add a little more explanation.
I agree sewers is too good for melee cleaves but that would be helped greatly by having larger pillars like I suggest in my post. It's the best map by far for healer/dps mirrors though.
Also old sewers would be broken with all the knockbacks that are in the game now.
Broken and broken, I not 100% sure how many classes have knockbacks now, but If more classes have it, that would make it even more balanced :3

Broken and broken, I not 100% sure how many classes have knockbacks now, but If more classes have it, that would make it even more balanced :3
Hunter for example would literally shit on any team with a melee in it. They have an incredibly low cd knockback which is 10x easier to land perfectly now than it was before (instant trap triggers)- combined with the fact that they can disengage the ledge.

Hunter for example would literally shit on any team with a melee in it. They have an incredibly low cd knockback which is 10x easier to land perfectly now than it was before (instant trap triggers)- combined with the fact that they can disengage the ledge.
Bud you gotta admit, back in wrath - It was way more fun to Disengage back up after a knockback + when you get knocked down you can actually just LoS the players standing on top :( But yea. Thats my opinion as im a 3.3.5 hero :)

Bud you gotta admit, back in wrath - It was way more fun to Disengage back up after a knockback + when you get knocked down you can actually just LoS the players standing on top :( But yea. Thats my opinion as im a 3.3.5 hero :)
I don't think anyone disagrees that the game in general was better in wotlk.
But right now on the current sewers hunters are already sick af. The old version would simply be broken for the current state of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread