What's something strange/unique about this bracket?

glancealot

Legend
list things/observations that you find strange/unique about this bracket, I will start:

1, horde loses most of the seething shore battles. all other BGs feel pretty equal.

2, socket 28 used to be rare, somehow they are all over the place now, and people don't even pay a lot of gold for them anymore because the attention has shifted over to socket + tert 28 gears. if you don't have at least one socket + tert 28 BoE, then chances are, you are probably below average in terms of gears.

3, many twinks have two accounts with one paying account, despite this being a F2P/Veteran bracket.

4, some folks enjoy the gearing-up process so much that they don't have time to actually PVP.

Last edited:
Surv hunter is a strange and unique spec that no one seems to play ;)

seething shore battles 19 wins 15 on my horde priest right now. not alot of games though. I tend to get SSm voer and over for some reason.

1, horde loses most of the seething shore battles. all other BGs feel pretty equal.
upload_2021-3-29_6-32-26.png

;)

5.Prot Paladin kinda works despite being a Tank spec

Unique: folks with gf'd items that you cannot get (not complaining, that's the way twinking works, I now have an overscaled neck of my own from a holiday, maybe in two years someone will complain about that).

Strange: folks with sky-high honor levels without a max-level main.

Unique: all of the twinks who talk a big game never solo q which speaks volumes

Strange: when a twink that talks big is qed alone

also i dont want to hear the we play with our friends nonsense, because i have friends too but I solo q because facerolling every game with a 5 man gets old

2, socket 28 used to be rare, somehow they are all over the place now, and people don't even pay a lot of gold for them anymore because the attention has shifted over to socket + tert 28 gears. if you don't have at least one socket + tert 28 BoE, then chances are, you are probably below average in terms of gears.

Because the stats on thems hifted. so now there isn't just one of the rolls that is BiS for certain classes now there's all of them except boots/waist and so on with 5/5. that is exactly why there's so much ilvl 28's around. or else you can try and looks for 15-10 rings and think back that used to be the max statted ones.

Unique: all of the twinks who talk a big game never solo q which speaks volumes

Strange: when a twink that talks big is qed alone

also i dont want to hear the we play with our friends nonsense, because i have friends too but I solo q because facerolling every game with a 5 man gets old
while this is mostly true i would be careful if i was you, this kind of talk could have you walking down the path to being blacklisted from wargames

Unique: The twinks are at the bottom of the bracket instead of the top, making party sync toons viable in compelling ways and giving levelers with enchanted heirlooms at least a little bit of a chance.

Strange: How many people seem to play this game/bracket for hours and hours every day and seem to fucking *hate* it. Yall are strange.

The twinks are at the bottom of the bracket instead of the top, making party sync toons viable in compelling ways and giving levelers with enchanted heirlooms at least a little bit of a chance.

Erm. Never saw party sync toons being viable and never saw levelers with enchanted heirlooms having any chances (I mean, they have chances if they are fighting other levelers, but vs twinks they have none). If the above was written by someone else, I'd assume it is a troll. Honest.

I mean, no disrespect towards anyone, but when assessing the strength of the enemy team I am counting twinks only, non-twinks don't factor in at all. Yeah, you should avoid their cc, but that's easy because they just drop. That's just how gear / gems / enchants / other things work in WoW.

Strange: How many people seem to play this game/bracket for hours and hours every day and seem to fucking *hate* it. Yall are strange.

THIS. The amount of self-loathers with tiny peepee energy that play in this bracket is staggering. Luckily, not everyone takes themselves too seriously.

Strange: Some of the most brutal loses I have are not from the enemy team being twinked out, but all of the levelers actually using their slows/stuns/interrupts as a team. There have been a few memorable games like that were I can't even cast 1 heal.

Strange: I still have yet to see where TERTs are really mattering. I'm still waiting for the Enhancement Shaman to show up with 30% leech socketed non-random stat gear.

Last edited:
Erm. Never saw party sync toons being viable and never saw levelers with enchanted heirlooms having any chances (I mean, they have chances if they are fighting other levelers, but vs twinks they have none). If the above was written by someone else, I'd assume it is a troll. Honest.

I mean, no disrespect towards anyone, but when assessing the strength of the enemy team I am counting twinks only, non-twinks don't factor in at all. Yeah, you should avoid their cc, but that's easy because they just drop. That's just how gear / gems / enchants / other things work in WoW.

re: party syncers - It's only true of some classes and some situations. Party sync rogue looks compelling. Frost mages get 3 novas and shimmer. but would i play party sync warrior? lolnope. I didnt mean "viable" in a sense that I'd bring them to a wargame, but rather that they can be enjoyable for folks who might want to try something different, as they arent entirely outmatched.

re: levelers - Sure, you're average level 21 or 22 who qued up for laughs still wearing gear they got from exiles reach is pretty meaningless. But a leveler who decided to make at least one trip to the AH and might have enchanted heirloom weapons and is at least mid-bracket? Well, now the gear isnt as much of a deciding factor. You got a level 25 fury warrior rolling around with double crusader? You gotta respect that even if he's just swinging heirlooms.

You got a level 25 fury warrior rolling around with double crusader? You gotta respect that even if he's just swinging heirlooms.

It's not uncommon for me to recommend Crusader to leveler warriors I see moving up through the bracket. Really gives me a chuckle when I see them later with the enchants. Score one for the good kids.

You got a level 25 fury warrior rolling around with double crusader? You gotta respect that even if he's just swinging heirlooms.

Found this out the hard way, "ahh this guy isnt a twink this should be no big d- ..... aaaaaaand I'm dead"

I think the weirdest thing for me is what seems to be the lack of "try" for all twinks. I mean yeah queueing into a 5-10 stack is usually unwinnable but like, the amount of people that just give up in the beginning as soon as they catch some big names on the enemy team is ridiculous. (Both factions)

Also the fact that a lot of horde don't like using voice comms and think that using them is too tryhard...

Users who are viewing this thread