What spec works (or may work) at 29 (that simply didn't work at 20)

glancealot

Legend
I am considering rolling a toon on EU, this way i can queue on two accounts, and then whichever pops first i will take.

Are there specs that just don't work at 20 but may work well at 29 given the additional talents/abilities/health pool/stats?

before anyone asks, no i don't wanna roll an alliance on US because they don't have access to https://www.wowhead.com/item=52505

leaning towards rogue tbh.

which is better for solo queue? can you be THE difference maker more often as rogue or enh shaman? i like rogue because i have a lot of experiences with it, but shaman looks more promising with resto as an alternative playstyle.

Rogue is a team player, a control bot for classes that can oneshot, but rogue is just as good a teammate for any normal twink. But if you play solo, and every second partner you have is a sucker, then ES will be stronger. Not even so, I would say that a rogue can also be 1 to 2, but his skill cap is much higher

Guardian Druid is lulzy and is getting buffed in DF

Yeah i played a BG with my mediocre 20's gear. i feel like if i had a full 37 gear with 2vers 2 mast gems and all vers mast armor with nice tanky trinket -- it'll be stupid.

Yeah i played a BG with my mediocre 20's gear. i feel like if i had a full 37 gear with 2vers 2 mast gems and all vers mast armor with nice tanky trinket -- it'll be stupid.

It is doable, not gonna lie. I am just not going to farm out a bunch of socket gear.

Fun fact though, belt buckle is viable.

Its the same as it was at 20... and exactly like everybody knew it would be except the dumb ass kids that were just in self denial about their skill level... alliance is basically all now arcane/hunter/priest/druid and a few trash warriors that just abuse 8sec retard stick... again... people (little shitty kids) make the bracket bad.. not blizzard.

For whatever reason people are just in complete denial about spec power as if everybody can't see every single game which premades are just loaded with the best specs.

Last edited:
Its the same as it was at 20... and exactly like everybody knew it would be except the dumb ass kids that were just in self denial about their skill level... alliance is basically all now arcane/hunter/priest/druid and a few trash warriors that just abuse 8sec retard stick... again... people (little shitty kids) make the bracket bad.. not blizzard.

For whatever reason people are just in complete denial about spec power as if everybody can't see every single game which premades are just loaded with the best specs.

Always been the nature of twinks in random BGs. Wargames are where you want to go if you want something resembling a balanced fight with fair opponents. Because you'd be playing with/against your friend group, instead of randoms.

Expecting other people with no other common ground as you (except interest in wow pvp) to have the same approach as you, is a little too much. People are going to gravitate towards the thing that has the highest degree of success in pvp, that has always been the case. At 29, things tend to get a little better for every spec, a main ability/passive/talent opens up by that level that will bolster most classes rotations. It may be a matter of picking what you like and building it to be the strong character you want, rather than picking the perceived 'best class.' At level 20, people would be more inclined to pick from fewer specs that have more rounded toolkits by that level, causing overrepresentation.

Which is the advantage of wargames. You aren't queuing into a random group. You build the teams then fight each other directly. Works for BGs up to 15v15 (haven't ever tried anything bigger, might be possible), and that's how you solve this problem. Anything else Blizzard could do would result in some other undesirable change, pushing some players away from activity. The fact some of us have now migrated to wotlk classic in prep for launch of that, shows how fickle brackets can be.

Until we see something different happen on Blizzard's end, rolling in randoms with a group of people is going to be the only way to ensure you don't get steamrolled by the other team doing the same thing. Naturally, that's what people will gravitate toward. Were doing it before, in this very bracket, so yeah...

Always been the nature of twinks in random BGs. Wargames are where you want to go if you want something resembling a balanced fight with fair opponents. Because you'd be playing with/against your friend group, instead of randoms.

Expecting other people with no other common ground as you (except interest in wow pvp) to have the same approach as you, is a little too much. People are going to gravitate towards the thing that has the highest degree of success in pvp, that has always been the case. At 29, things tend to get a little better for every spec, a main ability/passive/talent opens up by that level that will bolster most classes rotations. It may be a matter of picking what you like and building it to be the strong character you want, rather than picking the perceived 'best class.' At level 20, people would be more inclined to pick from fewer specs that have more rounded toolkits by that level, causing overrepresentation.

Which is the advantage of wargames. You aren't queuing into a random group. You build the teams then fight each other directly. Works for BGs up to 15v15 (haven't ever tried anything bigger, might be possible), and that's how you solve this problem. Anything else Blizzard could do would result in some other undesirable change, pushing some players away from activity. The fact some of us have now migrated to wotlk classic in prep for launch of that, shows how fickle brackets can be.

Until we see something different happen on Blizzard's end, rolling in randoms with a group of people is going to be the only way to ensure you don't get steamrolled by the other team doing the same thing. Naturally, that's what people will gravitate toward. Were doing it before, in this very bracket, so yeah...

That is nice, but again... the guy asked "what is viable". You can make an Enhance and tell me all about how good it is, or a WW(Karma, Torpedo, blah blah blah), etc. And it will be good... when you are not facing down a pocket healed Fury warrior or just 3 locks firing off 4k bolts. It's not gonna matter how you geared your WW, you are dead in those circumstances/ or you are ineffectual and don't engage. Even if both teams have equal heals... the WW is not going to be at the same threat level as the Fury or the Locks, by ANY WILD STRETCH of the imagination. It's just relative and its not generally related to skill level... nothing is balanced at 29 and even worse than it was at 20.

I promise you when you see most of these screen shot victories where some Enhance/WW (or name your tier 2-3 trash) brought it, you don't see the same screen shot with which team healed the most and its evident it was just some pockethealed free for all or you can just look at the other teams DPS and see it was just a cake walk.

Last edited:

I'd like to see it, so far tho all I have seen from people who have tried is they take a Balefire Chaosbolt in the face and explode... the HP/Defense to Damage ratio is even worse than it was at 20.

I think people have ideas about it, but then when you get all your i37 gear you have like 20% mastery and 10% verse and no other stats :D.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread