What should be done before letting sub expire?

Shadykiller

Been away from the game for 12 years, and been back about 2 months now. I really want to get into twinking and going to make this a long-term project. I am going to start a second account, sub it for a few months to get setup and then let it expire. What all should be done before I let that happen? I assume that I should get all the toons I want leveled (going to mostly do 20s, but maybe a few 19s), go xp off to get geared up, and then xp back on just before the sub expires. I plan to have a few farming toons on that account as well as my main account. Is there anything I am missing? 1 question I can think of is xp banked for an account that has a current sub? I've read that f2p banks and vet does not, but what about one with a current sub? Thanks in advance for any help!

basically you wanna level the characters up to 20, hook them up with enchants, gems, consumables, etc., and unlock their xp before their sub expires. Gearing can be done while sub is off. You can’t queue bgs when xplocked, so no point having 19s on a vet account. You can’t use mail or log onto lvl20+ chars, so i think no point having farmers on a vet either. You only bank xp if you never had a sub, so no xp banking if you have or had sub.

1. Have extra enchants and gems in case you want to change gear.
2. Prepare yourself for the hunter olympics.

basically you wanna level the characters up to 20, hook them up with enchants, gems, consumables, etc., and unlock their xp before their sub expires. Gearing can be done while sub is off. You can’t queue bgs when xplocked, so no point having 19s on a vet account. You can’t use mail or log onto lvl20+ chars, so i think no point having farmers on a vet either. You only bank xp if you never had a sub, so no xp banking if you have or had sub.

That is good to know about not being able to log into lvl 20+ chars. I'm a little confused about 19s. Do people only play those on a f2p account?
[doublepost=1657061058,1657060991][/doublepost]

1. Have extra enchants and gems in case you want to change gear.
2. Prepare yourself for the hunter olympics.

Can vet accounts not trade with other accounts? Like directly from a toon on my main account to one on my vet account?

That is good to know about not being able to log into lvl 20+ chars. I'm a little confused about 19s. Do people only play those on a f2p account?
[doublepost=1657061058,1657060991][/doublepost]

Can vet accounts not trade with other accounts? Like directly from a toon on my main account to one on my vet account?
no

once your sub ends, you have starter account restrictions (except for being in a guild. And no, you cant use the gbank either)

there’s a whole thread pinned in the top of this sub forum that answers a ton of these questions.

the only thing you NEED to do is make sure each toon has several sets worth of gems and enchants, any ilvl 28s they want and professions leveled. And probably get max bags/bank space.

After that, everything can be done sub off pretty easy.

Nobody plays 19s except on classic.
Consums is for scrubs, no need to stock up on that.
Have your farmers on your main account or on both. So you can multichar farm during your 1 month.

Nobody plays 19s except on classic.
Consums is for scrubs, no need to stock up on that.
Have your farmers on your main account or on both. So you can multichar farm during your 1 month.

Is it better loot-wise for me to run my 20 through dungeons with a higher level toon, or to have 2 20s go together? I plan to have a Prot Pally to solo most stuff, but figured a 50 or 60 would be faster.

Is it better loot-wise for me to run my 20 through dungeons with a higher level toon, or to have 2 20s go together? I plan to have a Prot Pally to solo most stuff, but figured a 50 or 60 would be faster.
Its better to go on a 20 if you get lucky if with the drops, but if youre lucky with the drops its better to boost.

It doesnt matter, its all rng. I prefer to boost then logout and solo on the 20 for double legacy drops.

Users who are viewing this thread