What proffesion is the best atm

didrik12

Grandfathered
so i wonder whats the best proff do u get anyting from reaching 75 in cata alchemy same with leahter working etc??

I might be wrong but as the options for FINAL professions I would say:

Alch - 300 Classic, maybe TBC?, 75 Northrend
Engineering - 300 Classic, 75 Northrend, 75 Cata, 25 or 40 Pandaria(?), 1 WoD
Jewelcrafting - 300 Classic(?), 75 TBC(?), 75 Northrend

Anyways it really depends on whether you're f2p, vet, or still subbed.
If you're either subbed or want to use the mark of honor gems, you won't need alch and jc to make better gems.
If you're subbed then you don't need 75 cata engineering or 40 MoP engineering for socketing dragonling
-

so if you're subbed I would probably say your final professions would be looking like:

Engineering
Inscription/Alchemy

No specific profession level for subbed because as subbed you can just mail yourself stuff or whatnot and don't need to be TOO cautious in gathering mats so you don't have to reset a profession to get more, and you have easy access to mats

don't quote me on anything above because I don't play vet and am relatively new to F2P, just my thoughts

tailoring for nets.
Mage blinks, net him.
rogue sprints,net him
hunter disengages? net him mid air and bring him back down to earth.
Warrior exists? you better believe your netting that boy.

Actuaries tend to make pretty great money and it offers a lot of stability.

As for WoW, I always liked engineering for doing dorky stuff like the trinkets to mess with people and rocket boots for utility. Is it the best? Probably not. That's probably alch/JC combo.

We can kinda fly with engi(or as close to that as possible for F2P). So engi = best for me. : )
Its real hard to argue with engi tinkers, toys, devices, consumables, etc. I'd go so far as to say that if one of your profs isnt engi, you're fucking up.

Alchemy, for the flask, makes a strong contender for the second best prof, because you can drop it, pick up gathering profs to make more engi stuff and then swap back to alch and have use of your flask again at skill level 1. This can also be true of tailoring for the nets, which I think is a strong choice for your second prof too.

IMO:
1. Pick up Inscription; enchant your shoulders
2. Pick up Leatherworking; enchant your legs
3. Drop Inscription, pick up Alchemy; get a Flask
4. Drop Leatherworking, pick up Engineering; tinker your belt
5. If you want nets, drop Engineering and pick up Tailoring, otherwise stick with Engineering for helm, toys, etc.

Alchemy for my war, not only flask but get to use potions like Mighty Rage Potion that grants instant rage and 25 Strentgh. Living action potion, and swiftness potion.

Downside is that I have to resubb to get herbs

Users who are viewing this thread