What made you want to twink at 10?

Whoppadoo

Saw a similar thread in the 20 section and thought it sounded like a good one to copy here....I wanted to help people questing in a low level area for elite quests that required more than one person (one required 5 people), to get the quest accomplished. I knew from experience that it took a long time, usually, to be able to get a group together so I figured if my level was geared well enough we wouldn't need a group. The idea worked and people seemed to like the fact we got the quest done in a timely manner. Even had max level people come to the Ghostlands, where I was helping with the quests, to tell me thank you for helping them get through that area when they were low levels. :)

10 is the minimum Character Level that Blizzard will restore when your Account gets hacked and wiped. That made them popular as Bankers since Level 1's are just gone if anything happens. Then when XP Lock was introduced in WotLK, 10's were literally the most OP Level in the entire Game. It was the golden age for 10's.

Since then it's been a mixed bag, some XPacs they're good, others they're garbage. For me, all of mine were RP Bankers during TBC then proper WTFJUSTHAPPENED when I'd near insta-jib a ~30's Character outside Org in WotLK. Back then it was about 1 Stat. Meaning, how many more +1 of a thing could you acquire from loooooong ass Quest chains that REQUIRED higher Level Characters to complete for you as well as Faction changing, etc. It's also about the pride of completing something that's normally far too high for that Character Level (Twinking in General really). An example would be the Level 10 Raids on the Fel Reaver in HP.

Users who are viewing this thread