• Yes

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sketchbag

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Super Moderator
Just got a semi-outdated gamer laptop but easily upgradable...

At the moment:

ACER Nitro 5
i5-10300H CPU
24GB RAM 2933 MHZ
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 GPU
256GB NVMe SSD

I only have WoW installed and about to start streaming. Is this laptop gunna be enough with that tiny harddive or am I gunna have to update it?! YouTube is the platform, for now...

Please help!

Conditional yes, you may have to cap your FPS and lower some graphics settings, but it might be doable. The only real way to know is to bootup OBS and test the stream quality by viewing on a phone or another pc or smthg. Your memory and hard drive capacity are both okay

Conditional yes, you may have to cap your FPS and lower some graphics settings, but it might be doable. The only real way to know is to bootup OBS and test the stream quality by viewing on a phone or another pc or smthg. Your memory and hard drive capacity are both okay

Agreed!

Give it a try, Sketch!

use nvenc, should be fine.
(also pretty sure the i5 can only do 2666 not 2933 memory, not sure about how it works wrt lapt:OMEGALUL:ps tho) apparently its good for 2933, fuck intel and their bs segmentations

EDIT: Actually using the UHD630 to encode might be a better idea, idk i havent touched a lapt:OMEGALUL:p in many a year now
just give it a shot ig

I have that exact laptop. It heats up real fast. You'll want to stream from another unit.
Plays the game excellently though.
It came with 8GB 2933MHZ ram so I ordered a stick of 16GB 3200MHZ. A second stick is on the way, 24GB just feels weird to type out lol. Gonna snag a 1TB M.2 before I start to stream. The fans are so loud I was hoping it wouldn't get hot tho fml ugh. Do you still like the laptop?! Any feedback about it I'm about to experience?!

Sketch, should be ok to stream u /afk-ing from bg’s……. :p
Hahahaha busted! If my team makes a mistake or plays poorly I afk... worlds most emo pugger right here. I expect too much out of my teammates i think...

use nvenc, should be fine.
(also pretty sure the i5 can only do 2666 not 2933 memory, not sure about how it works wrt lapt:OMEGALUL:ps tho) apparently its good for 2933, fuck intel and their bs segmentations

EDIT: Actually using the UHD630 to encode might be a better idea, idk i havent touched a lapt:OMEGALUL:p in many a year now
just give it a shot ig

Ya intel blows chunks bigtime. This laptop was on sale tho and out of all the rigs I compared it fit my budget best. I was gonna build a desktop but piecing the parts exceeded my budget so fast. Bad time to be building a desktop with the conductor shortage globally. Even pre-built gamer rigs exceeded my budget. 1k canadian was my limit and this laptop with it's stats felt like it was the best bang for my buck. Almost went with HP. Chose ACER cuz it was red and black and I'm trying to be more edgey so i've been playing horde lately hahahaa

I'm gonna record clips kind of like Cig and Chops but with my style and spin. Not trying to become a Asmongold but I feel like some of you guys would laugh at my fairly obvious observations when Im pugging these games. Might even share a few of my secrets...

It came with 8GB 2933MHZ ram so I ordered a stick of 16GB 3200MHZ. A second stick is on the way, 24GB just feels weird to type out lol. Gonna snag a 1TB M.2 before I start to stream. The fans are so loud I was hoping it wouldn't get hot tho fml ugh. Do you still like the laptop?! Any feedback about it I'm about to experience?!
It's great for the money! Keys are very responsive, picture is clear, FPS sturdy. I've been very happy with it, & I hope it serves you well.
I'll be keeping an eye out for your streams. Always nice to hear another among us are going to offer up cool vids.

nvenc or w/e intels is called then.
should be fine.

Hahahaha busted! If my team makes a mistake or plays poorly I afk... worlds most emo pugger right here. I expect too much out of my teammates i think...

Ya intel blows chunks bigtime. This laptop was on sale tho and out of all the rigs I compared it fit my budget best. I was gonna build a desktop but piecing the parts exceeded my budget so fast. Bad time to be building a desktop with the conductor shortage globally. Even pre-built gamer rigs exceeded my budget. 1k canadian was my limit and this laptop with it's stats felt like it was the best bang for my buck. Almost went with HP. Chose ACER cuz it was red and black and I'm trying to be more edgey so i've been playing horde lately hahahaa

I'm gonna record clips kind of like Cig and Chops but with my style and spin. Not trying to become a Asmongold but I feel like some of you guys would laugh at my fairly obvious observations when Im pugging these games. Might even share a few of my secrets...

Your RAM (16gb is more than enough) and Hard Drive capacity are fine, the main bottleneck will be your CPU (intel i5), Graphics Card (Nvidia 3050), and internet speed (anything above 15mbps is preferred). Because your CPU and Graphics Card are Mobile/Laptop versions, they will be less powerful than their Desktop counterparts and likely overheat if you don't Cap your FPS in the game/Lower graphics settings while Streaming. Like Selaya said, you should probably look up the Nvidia NVENC OBS guide to optimize the settings for your card

Users who are viewing this thread