What is your luckiest/most memorable drop?

glancealot

Legend
It doesn't even have to be your best item, it could be an item that took hundreds of runs and/or a lot of effort, and towards the end, it wasn't even about the item anymore, it was about getting it for the sake of getting it.

For me, my luckiest drop is getting https://www.wowhead.com/item=160958/darkspeaker-scepter with a socket (for these BfA rares, you only get one shot)

My most memorable drop is probably https://www.wowhead.com/item=137440/shivermaws-jawbone

For those that don't know, each run you have 1/3 chance of spawning shivermaw, and the chance of getting the trinket is about 1.5%. it took me over 100 runs to get it.

For me, it's basically anything that has to do with fishing. So many of these things were tied to achievements, and I HAD to have them! Old Crafty alone took me 3 days straight because I had to first get into Orgrimmar and I REALLY didn't want to have to come back another day.
fishing.png

Back when Orb of Deception was really sought after (I don’t think it became a toy until much later), I had two drop within about an hour from the mobs that they’re like 0.002% chance or whatever it was, and then a third dropped for me the next day.

Also, whichever expansion the Ony raid returned (Wrath? I can’t remember shit today, haha), I was in a raid for it and won three separate items by rolling 99, 99, and 100... I won a huge equipment bag, a Trident, and something else I can’t remember... I do remember people were either laughing or NOT happy at all.

I had https://www.wowhead.com/item=13335/deathchargers-reins drop on a 39 twink back when it was level 40 to use it...
This reminds me of when I joined a buddy’s guild in BC as a level 69 Hunter, joined a raid later that night because another Hunter dropped out, and I ended up winning Axe of the Gronn Lords over the guild’s main Ret Pally that had been gunning for it for however long. He was fucking pissed. I wasn’t even 70 yet, lol.

Come to think of it, my dumb luck was often at the expense of other people’s happiness in WoW.

since we have some non 20s reply, heres mine:
rhine.png

i probably sold at least 20 million gold of rhinestone sunglasses, almost all on stormrage, priced between 20k and 100k. its on my 50 hunter in sig. it took a full year of multiboxing the farm to get the pattern

Not a drop but back in... wrath? 39s i rolled a perf stam lens on my first try

I remember that! After the ability to create stam lenses reappeared, I crafted several hundred green lens (check out the link for the summary of that experience), and never saw a single stam lens.

Related to that, when Blizzard decided in BfA to change all existing green lenses to modern variants (combinations of vers, haste, and crit), that meant the conversion would give my 39's green lens (with a grandfathered head enchant from TBC) a less-than-7% chance of getting ideal stats, forever. I wanted maximum vers, minimal haste, and no crit. I had to get lucky enough to get an aurora lens instead of a fireflash or quickblade lens (1 in 3 chance), and if I managed to somehow gain that, then I wanted the extreme end of five possible stat totals. Lo and behold, I logged in and there it was...the single best possible green lens a 39 resto shammy could hope for, with a grandfathered enchant to boot. The neighbors heard that yell. I remember telling myself I had no room to ever complain about RNG again.

More fun (and dramatic) than that, I was finishing up preparations on the very last day of Wrath, and realized I never got the soon-to-be-grandfathered Tidal Charm for that same 39. The 15-minute server shutdown countdown was on, and I immediately grabbed a griffon in Ironforge to begin the long flight out to the Arathi Highlands. I landed with seven minutes to go, and a frustratingly slow ride all the way to the shore behind Stromgarde Keep left me with 3 minutes on the clock. I dove into the water, and to my utter shock, Prince Nazgrim was actually waiting! Nobody had killed him in the last day and triggered his 17-hour cooldown. 2 minutes on the clock and our duel started...watching his lifebar meander downward as the server finally hit the 60-second mark. He died with 40 seconds to go, I looted immediately, and miracle of miracles, the 1-in-3 chance to get the Tidal Charm came through. I hit the exit button with 30 seconds left, and the 20-second logout timer began. I wanted to make sure the loot saved to my bags and didn't get lost in the server reset.

Two days later, after the servers came back up, I logged in and found my 39 still treading water, with possibly the last-ever retail-looted Tidal Charm in her bags.

She was my first-ever twink, and after all these years, she remains my luckiest.

Right now most definitely Staff of the One True Bramble King with a socket proc on my warrior. Took quite a few rerolls to get it.

I know someone that farms this guy like 24/7 lol. ~100 staves so far on various toons.

I remember that! After the ability to create stam lenses reappeared, I crafted several hundred green lens (check out the link for the summary of that experience), and never saw a single stam lens.

Related to that, when Blizzard decided in BfA to change all existing green lenses to modern variants (combinations of vers, haste, and crit), that meant the conversion would give my 39's green lens (with a grandfathered head enchant from TBC) a less-than-7% chance of getting ideal stats, forever. I wanted maximum vers, minimal haste, and no crit. I had to get lucky enough to get an aurora lens instead of a fireflash or quickblade lens (1 in 3 chance), and if I managed to somehow gain that, then I wanted the extreme end of five possible stat totals. Lo and behold, I logged in and there it was...the single best possible green lens a 39 resto shammy could hope for, with a grandfathered enchant to boot. The neighbors heard that yell. I remember telling myself I had no room to ever complain about RNG again.

More fun (and dramatic) than that, I was finishing up preparations on the very last day of Wrath, and realized I never got the soon-to-be-grandfathered Tidal Charm for that same 39. The 15-minute server shutdown countdown was on, and I immediately grabbed a griffon in Ironforge to begin the long flight out to the Arathi Highlands. I landed with seven minutes to go, and a frustratingly slow ride all the way to the shore behind Stromgarde Keep left me with 3 minutes on the clock. I dove into the water, and to my utter shock, Prince Nazgrim was actually waiting! Nobody had killed him in the last day and triggered his 17-hour cooldown. 2 minutes on the clock and our duel started...watching his lifebar meander downward as the server finally hit the 60-second mark. He died with 40 seconds to go, I looted immediately, and miracle of miracles, the 1-in-3 chance to get the Tidal Charm came through. I hit the exit button with 30 seconds left, and the 20-second logout timer began. I wanted to make sure the loot saved to my bags and didn't get lost in the server reset.

Two days later, after the servers came back up, I logged in and found my 39 still treading water, with possibly the last-ever retail-looted Tidal Charm in her bags.

She was my first-ever twink, and after all these years, she remains my luckiest.

after all these years, you are still a storyteller lol, nice to run into someone from those days.

Honestly this thread would have been a lot easier for me if it was “unluckiest” lol. Such as several para cloaks in an old guild bank with 12 agi scrolls next to them (same with +13SP bracer scrolls)... dartols rod still in my bags when during legion Gutterblade would have been BiS... tons and tons of missed head enchant opportunities just for being lazy (have 6 fishing hats from back when I was trying for boots, only enchanted one).. list goes on.

I would say the luckiest would likely be with my BoA shoulders with the ZG enchant. When Zandalar vendors were removed, 19s couldnt use a shoulder enchant (enchant was red and req’d level 55) but I got it anyway since it was going away. I believe a year later it scaled down, and offered something like +15 AP when the best enchant in game was something much lower.. 4-6 maybe. Still use the shoulders to keep something from Pre-squish... my story not near as good as those above. Enjoyed reading!

I ran Strath 10 or more times almost daily for 2 years trying to get his mount, back in wrath.
Then during cata they released dungeon satchels and I got the mount in my 3rd bag..
I remember being both livid and happy as all hell at the same time

I also got 8 green protos and 4 white polar bears from the same satchels during cata haha

Users who are viewing this thread