What is considered wrong? And is it too late to turn back? (Apologies for the clickbaity title)

Magrain

Veteran
I have started "Magrain" probably around 7-8 months ago. This wasnt the only "Magrain" that was made, I think most of you guys already know that I created 8 toons legion gear/relic epic proc quests blah blah blah. My mind boggled with hesitation and whatever the fuck is going on inside it. Managed to get all the rare WoD gears and trinkets that probably were the all time peak my twink ever was and will ever be way back in release of SL. I however didnt see the outcome that all of it were going to be nerfed. Because of that, before getting my hands on the WoD gear, I have already cleared all of Legion's storyline and majority of legion's relic rewarding quests. I sunk all that on the Jeweled Scepter staff(And its not even enchanted), I didnt know that Skull of Man'ari gave more INT. So thats the 1st problem.

After getting all of the old WoD rares and garrison gear, I basically threw away all the gear I had used thinking that what im wearing is the BiS and will stay like that for a long time. One of the gears that were thrown away were The Elk Trinket, Legacy of Omorrah, Young Drake's Impulse, Pulsating brain of No'loth and the Bloodthorn Loop ring. So thats the 2nd problem.

Is it possible to continue twinking on such state and will it impact "Magrain" on the short and long run? Or should I start all over again and redo everything? At the moment I have no gems but I managed to get 3 socketted gear from TBC. So is it too late to turn back and redo everything or just continue?

Also I would love to hear some feedback about gear management, what should I keep and what should I throw away, for future reference.

No piece of gear is essential, or people would be chasing epics like they did in BfA.

Yea, you’ll be fine. You’re now just a toon that doesn’t use a couple things. I’ve thrown away all sorts of shit i wish i hadn’t over the years. My vet warrior still looks pretty damn nice.

The question of “what to keep” is a really hard one but also a really interesting discussion. I still remember cataclysm and how so much trash gear became really good or good gear was forever gfd and it completely changed the way i approach saving gear.

in general, I’d recommend saving anything with a unique on-use or on-equip effect. Like the bloodthorn loop (thats a big oof, but hey… you’ll still be fine) or any other neat gear that does something most other gear doesnt. Any unique weirdness like cudgel of naralex/moks headcracker. Green Whelp Armor. Etc.

Basic gear with nothing fancy or unique about it can probably be safely tossed. Especially dungeon drops.

i also have a habit of saving any trinkets that summon animals or do weird shit, like that one that throws a log? Why not. Void storage is a wonderful thing.

I have started "Magrain" probably around 7-8 months ago. This wasnt the only "Magrain" that was made, I think most of you guys already know that I created 8 toons legion gear/relic epic proc quests blah blah blah. My mind boggled with hesitation and whatever the fuck is going on inside it. Managed to get all the rare WoD gears and trinkets that probably were the all time peak my twink ever was and will ever be way back in release of SL. I however didnt see the outcome that all of it were going to be nerfed. Because of that, before getting my hands on the WoD gear, I have already cleared all of Legion's storyline and majority of legion's relic rewarding quests. I sunk all that on the Jeweled Scepter staff(And its not even enchanted), I didnt know that Skull of Man'ari gave more INT. So thats the 1st problem.

After getting all of the old WoD rares and garrison gear, I basically threw away all the gear I had used thinking that what im wearing is the BiS and will stay like that for a long time. One of the gears that were thrown away were The Elk Trinket, Legacy of Omorrah, Young Drake's Impulse, Pulsating brain of No'loth and the Bloodthorn Loop ring. So thats the 2nd problem.

Is it possible to continue twinking on such state and will it impact "Magrain" on the short and long run? Or should I start all over again and redo everything? At the moment I have no gems but I managed to get 3 socketted gear from TBC. So is it too late to turn back and redo everything or just continue?

Also I would love to hear some feedback about gear management, what should I keep and what should I throw away, for future reference.

You try the item restoration feature?

link your toon (s)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/kelthuzad/magrain
[doublepost=1626276834,1626276751][/doublepost]
You try the item restoration feature?
I have thrown those stuff like 4+ months ago. Will the feature work for such long duration of time?
[doublepost=1626277085][/doublepost]
in general, I’d recommend saving anything with a unique on-use or on-equip effect. Like the bloodthorn loop (thats a big oof, but hey… you’ll still be fine)
How effective/good is the blood thorn ring in PVP? Is it great? Am I going to miss a unique warlock stealth experience? Am I going to feel bad about it for the next months?

How effective/good is the blood thorn ring in PVP? Is it great? Am I going to miss a unique warlock stealth experience? Am I going to feel bad about it for the next months?
it doesn’t work in wargames or arenas, so you’d only be using it in random bgs and pve.

it’s good as a vanish, which could interrupt casts against you and also allow you to reposition a bit. Also would be good for cheeky FC goes where you use ring on your way up to roof and then cast bolt out of stealth.

but really… meh. It’s goofy ability that has some cheesy use but I’d never consider it essential. It’s fun though. But hey, Invis pots exist too.

100% not worth re-rolling for

Artifact, yea, staff is cool though.
It's hard to find a better trinket combo than Ghost Iron Dragon/cc break. What I saw (on shadow) is the cogs alone make it BiS, not even counting the proc.
If you don't run cc break, the legion ilvl 28 is probably your 2nd best option. Maybe if you wanted primary stats for a burst window, you could find a trinket that does that. Otherwise it's just too many passive stats to pass up.

Artifact, yea, staff is cool though.
It's hard to find a better trinket combo than Ghost Iron Dragon/cc break. What I saw (on shadow) is the cogs alone make it BiS, not even counting the proc.
If you don't run cc break, the legion ilvl 28 is probably your 2nd best option. Maybe if you wanted primary stats for a burst window, you could find a trinket that does that. Otherwise it's just too many passive stats to pass up.
Im guessing my only choice is the Legion BOE trinkets then. The ghost dragon one is way beyond my reach and i aint going through that hell again.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/kelthuzad/magrain
[doublepost=1626276834,1626276751][/doublepost]
I have thrown those stuff like 4+ months ago. Will the feature work for such long duration of time?
[doublepost=1626277085][/doublepost]

Personally, I think Vanish is more OP on a melee than it is on a backline caster such as warlock, but thats imo. I can't count the amount of times I've vanished on my KT hunter and they just go "wtf??" The big thing is that there is definitely a tradeoff on the ring, which is sapping 10% HP, so you can technically KO yourself when popping the ring (learned that the hard way). So yea, it's not huge on casters imo, but it's a neat little trick to have in PVP

Users who are viewing this thread