What is a reasonable premade size?

Discussion in '19s (Vanilla)' started by Charax, May 26, 2020.

Share This Page

1. Charax

Charax Battleground Superstar

Yesterday, I ran into a 10-man premade for Mankrik. No big deal - I wait for the team to fill up, then /afk out and queue a different toon to try and get a better match.

I was wondering why some players would even queue a full 10 man twink premade? If you're not having a scheduled fight, what's the point? To faceroll and not face any reasonable resistance?

Ignoring whatever rationale that faceroll losers might come up with, what is a reasonable premade size to group queue with? If I was to throw out a number, I'd say no more than four, assuming you're looking for the occasional challenge.

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. ZenwØw

ZenwØw Member

I solo Q

• Like Like x 2
  3. Symandria

Symandria Grandfathered

So 10 man is reasonable... but it might not be to faceroll. Most of the time I Q with my gf, but if others happen to be on I usually invite them and Q with them as well. And it's not about increasing win-rate it's all about camaraderie and just being friends : ) As a negative side effect if your premade is too large the games become much less interesting. I haven't happened to Q with more than 6 people yet, luckily : )

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. IhazBankz

IhazBankz Member

maybe they need rep and queing 10 man to end games in 5 mins is the quickest way for that =]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Chops

Chops Soccer Dad Moderator

the only acceptable group size is the number im queing with or smaller.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Duro

Duro Member

10 people. Because are you really going to go out of you way to exclude your guildies online looking for a group. Regardless if its fair or not, its a lot of fun to hangout with 10 people. The bonus is that you make alliance man-children cry.

• Like Like x 2
  7. OP
    Charax

I do as well.

It's not hard to form two 5-man groups.

Some people say it's a social experience or they might do it for rep farming but you're doing it at the detriment of our small community. Excessive premades hurt queue times.

I'd like to think our community is better than that and would prefer competitive games. Aside from a few neanderthals, I think that this is somewhat true.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Anexa

Anexa Member

When I rep farmed, I preferred as many as possible just to get easy and fast wins.

So I basically invited anyone with enchants, may it be a x2 cruel barb rogue with fiery weapons, don't care as long as it prevented me from getting a lvl 10 leveler who refuses to leave despite having like 30 deaths

As Duro said, it's funnier as a community thing, but the BG itself may not be fun if you absolute wreck the enemy team. I find it really boring and at the end of the day I'm only playing to catch PvP content for a pvp vid.

So I prefer to solo queue with world buffs now instead, perhaps get a FC or healer with me. Only issue is that my twink friends are still used to me inviting them and getting a full premade. They still need the rep while I don't. It's a dilemma for me what to do

Help my friends altho its boring?
    or solo queue for awesome content in my recordings? <-- which is one of my major motivations to even play

BUT I do sometimes wish I had my premade group with me once I fight a full premade... I pretty much always fight tryhards from Mirage Raceway when I solo queue, but I never encounter them with a premade.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Plants

Plants Member

Queueing with no more than 3-4 generally makes for more competitive games. the only frustration is when you're running with 3-4 and you q into some goons rolling 10 deep.

and unless your group is really awful, playing 10 mans vs pugs is the most boring content of all time. your fc autorunning across mid while a few people camp the gy and the rest practice jumps makes for a snoozefest.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Warb

Warb New Member

Numerous reasons, most thinks belong to twink guilds and want to play with their friends. Yes it's going to be a face roll but usually it's short and sweet. Sometimes there's new members and it's more of a practice run to get them on the same page and figure out their strengths and weakness so you can help them work on the weakness. I don't see an issue with it as long as they don't draw out the match, if they sit an gy camp for an hour that's just douchebaggery at its finest. For me I'm going to group with members online for fun, sometimes it's 1 other member sometimes it's more. It's a game, enjoy it, it's going to happen from time to time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Better nerf Leeroy

Better nerf Leeroy Grandfathered

If you're gonna que ten you might as well set up a premade with another guild. The more you que with the easier it gets. If you want a harder challenge Que with less people. I enjoy solo quing more than I do a full group of ten, face rolling the whole bg with zero deaths.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    Charax

How do you assess that facerolling 10 twinks against a pug? Better to put these new members under some sort of fire.

If the game is unbalanced, it just promotes lazy play.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Warb

Warb New Member

If they are running off and not doing what they're suppose to be doing, how do you assess the defense in football when they can't destroy the qb in a practice ?

I'm giving reasons why it happens, I don't think I've ever had a 10 man vs pug but I can see the why it happens very easily. You also took one example, I listed more.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chops

Chops Soccer Dad Moderator

This is why pro sports leagues are notorious for just signing kids right out of college and starting them on game day without ever taking them through spring training or scrimmage games. Best to just assess them day of.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Counsel

Counsel Member

5 is average...right guys? guys?

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Warb

Warb New Member

I'd say it's more of a disciple thing in this case, if Bob the twink can't be bothered to be where he should be and is over farming Gy then why would I trust Bob the twink to be where he should be when it actually matters. Bob needs to get over himself regardless of how easy it is or whether he is needed there this particular game and prove he has enough discipline to suck it up for the 5 minutes it's going to take to 3 cap.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Duro

Duro Member

Im just glad gays can voice their opinion freely, amarite Plants?

18. OP
    Charax

[​IMG]

Oh right... you're the resident homophobe.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Donor

Donor XPOff-topic Bro

2 windwalkers
    and a fire crone

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Duro

Duro Member

Lmaoooo I can't even imagine being that easily offended. Relax, I'm just making fun of plants for being sensitive. Ironic it seems actually.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)