EU+US What happens to Artifact weapons in BFA to 99's?

Jabz

Grandfathered
rip_99s.png

Any info on what happens to the artifact weap in BFA to 99 twinks? ive seen someone post this it seems like there is artifact weap but u cant use the points. And im thinking that the artifact weap ability is not usable just like gear sets

Last edited:
im pretty sure its just getting "removed" for 110s and higher cuz of the broken isles story line. not too sure tho

Why did they remove the 3rd slot from view? I realize only 110s could use 3, but does this indicate the 3rd slot for 110s is removed or GFd?

that is how they look, the 99 artifact loses all its points

edit: my artifact ability wasnt greyed out, ill check it and see if it works.
[doublepost=1528593092,1528592617][/doublepost]bear tank: rage of the sleeper - an on use spell is now disabled. and the artifact doesnt reflect it gives that ability anymore.
holy priest: holy word spells have a chance to spawn t'uure (a naaru thing) - this is still reflected on the weapon but I was unable to get it to proc.

I've cast three mana bars worth of holy word spells, its deff disabled for the priest as well.

Last edited:
that is how they look, the 99 artifact loses all its points

edit: my artifact ability wasnt greyed out, ill check it and see if it works.
[doublepost=1528593092,1528592617][/doublepost]bear tank: rage of the sleeper - an on use spell is now disabled. and the artifact doesnt reflect it gives that ability anymore.
holy priest: holy word spells have a chance to spawn t'uure (a naaru thing) - this is still reflected on the weapon but I was unable to get it to proc.
so pretty much 99 artifact weaps are useless in BFA and are no longer worth it ? unless the ilvl is BIS?

so pretty much 99 artifact weaps are useless in BFA and are no longer worth it ? unless the ilvl is BIS?

Ilvl will prob be best in slot. Prob still debatable for casters, since the wands prob still give a 5% buff at 99.

But yes, the bracket seems pretty screwed. our ilvl isnt much higher than the boa and Im going to guess no more than a couple percent buff like the other brackets see. Unless the template system changed alot, the bracket wont be special.

Ilvl will prob be best in slot. Prob still debatable for casters, since the wands prob still give a 5% buff at 99.

But yes, the bracket seems pretty screwed. our ilvl isnt much higher than the boa and Im going to guess no more than a couple percent buff like the other brackets see. Unless the template system changed alot, the bracket wont be special.
i picked the worst time to get into 99 lol...might have to lvl to 110 for BFA

looking at the ilvl, my artifact is ilvl 160 which is the same thing all my 800 pieces became. all of my other 700-800 pieces become 142-144. the BOAs show up as 136 so i mean..just barely above the boa items for everything other than the artifact and 800s.
[doublepost=1528594306,1528594255][/doublepost]my average item level is 148 so assuming the template works the same, id have a 1% buff. some of the 746 decked out 99s might hit two. its entirely possible the template will lower the amount higher we have to achieve for each percent but i doubt it would do more than half it. even if we assume half it, that would be 2-4% tops

Character copied my 99 to the beta and I can confirm traits are disabled.

With BiS gear I was item level 154. I wasn't able to get a BG or arena to pop, but I'm guessing that's only like a 2-3% stat boost at most.

The good news is that world PvP is going to be very interesting for twinks in BfA. I flew to Orgrimmar and I was able to take on 110+ players with relative ease. I'm guessing 101 twinks are going to be a big deal for WPvP and possibly 111s.

Character copied my 99 to the beta and I can confirm traits are disabled.

With BiS gear I was item level 154. I wasn't able to get a BG or arena to pop, but I'm guessing that's only like a 2-3% stat boost at most.

The good news is that world PvP is going to be very interesting for twinks in BfA. I flew to Orgrimmar and I was able to take on 110+ players with relative ease. I'm guessing 101 twinks are going to be a big deal for WPvP and possibly 111s.

And the best part is, we can actually turn on War Mode. Unlike less than 20s. :)

might be more relevant to 110s, but a similar question.

are effects from legion legendaries also disabled for everyone?

checked out my holy priest legendaries, my on use trinket worked but ring did not. Both items say they require 115 or below which could potentially mean some twinks at 111 might be able to rock them out.

Users who are viewing this thread