What does more damage: Undead discipline priest or Blood Elf discipline priest?

Dabow

Legend
Edit: Blood Elf with bloodthistle on(always), of course..

Last edited by a moderator:
i would say blood elf would have much more relevant damage, the extra ticks from touch of the grave does not compare to the blanket silence effectiveness, especially with the reduced cooldown

Belf disc priest doesn't do as much damage as undead. BUT. Belf priests are more useful if you have to blanket silence the enemy.

Edit: Blood Elf with bloodthistle on(always), of course..

Not necessarily. You will not be able to use most of the consumables in a 10v10. Including the Bloodthistle, and i am fairly against consumables as you allow one of them to carry the game for you. That is my way of thinking towards that.
On the main topic though. I think both priests have the same intellect race basis, blood elfs may have more, i don't really know about undeads, ( [MENTION=6328]Snowjobs[/MENTION] - Help, i think you once posted a spreadsheet providing a race's minimal/starting intellect/str/agi etc, i tried to find it but was unlucky).
That being said, undead priests may work very well indeed against certain comps for example 3s, you can easily benefit from the undead racial and a trinket against MLP with a comp you play.
Blood elf has its own effectiveness as well, with the silencing racial, as a healer i would focus more on positioning and i would rarely see a priest sacrifice his own positioning to land a silence (May work well indeed sometimes).

That is my PoV.

[MENTION=18568]Hashbrowns[/MENTION] Thank you, you QT!

wow.. just wow.

by definition undead do more damage. but overall, Belf AoE blanket silence makes belf > undead

By the looks of this beautiful sheet http://i.imgur.com/2tHPCdx.png(Credit to Bend) Blood elves basically have a more intellect basis than undeads, which means Blood Elf is superior , in DPS/Healing matters. Every class has its own situation benefits.

i would say blood elf would have much more relevant damage, the extra ticks from touch of the grave does not compare to the blanket silence effectiveness, especially with the reduced cooldown

oh my gawd that sig is adorable
heavy__s_happy_face_by_rhapsidous-d48yqae.png

Base intel stats belf 23 vs Base intel stats undead 18. This difference alone is already the reason to roll belf and thinking about rolling a caster in general there is just one horde classe with the same base stats: Goblin. People will chose belf anyway for arcane torrent, I wouldnt want to swap it with touch of the grave.

Users who are viewing this thread