What do you think?

All water is wet, but is all wet water?

Are dreams memories of an old life your soul used to live?

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

Is water wet?

The sensation of water being wet is from the brain and nerve endings. It's why when you wear a glove in water your hands still feel wet. Cool stuff if you've never done it before. Blew my 10 year old brain in science class.

Water itself is a compound that can change states. So water is nothing more than a molecular structure. If you define "wet" as a state of a liquid sticking to a solid surface, such as water wetting our skin, then we cannot say that water is wet by itself, because it takes a liquid AND a solid to define the term "wet."

I think this thread sucks.

I got this thread reopened for the greater good of the question. Now someone please, link a source to your facts. Is Water Wet?
No, it is not.

By definition, "wetness" is the ability of a liquid to adhere to the surface of a solid. It can make things wet, yet it itself, is not wet.

Why did this get moved to 'General Offtopic'? Now my post makes no sense... :oops:
Hehe.

Because it was in the wrong section.

Most people simply post in whatever bracket they post in most, for some reason. Even if it's completely irrelevant to WoW.

The source is simply the commonly accepted definition of "wetness", silly.

And yes, I suppose if we adhere to multiverse theory....wetness could be subjective in them.

Users who are viewing this thread