what do u do when u cant do anything

snug

aka Cropdusterx
So it's been 2 and a half weeks since i fractured my ankle in 3 spots and tore some ligaments, pretty much house bound for 3-4 more weeks.

In this time frame I've watched all the Harry Potter's, Lord of the Rings, The hobbit, Star wars, Batman's, Pirates of the Caribbeans, Die Hard's, Rambo's, God fathers, Rocky's, Matrix, Blade, Predator, and alien.

Beat Majora's Mask, Orcarina of time, The last of us, Portals 1&2 half life 1&2, Red Red redemption and fall out 1&2.

Not exactly sure what i'm supposed to do with my self with 2 months of not being able to walk, already exhausted a lot of my entertainment as you can see. If any of you guys have been a similar situation i'd love to hear what ya guys did to pass the time.

or just stop by to tell me to kill my self or call me bad anything to break this habitual cycle of nothing am doing right now.

I tore one of my knee ligaments (MCL) last year, so I feel your pain. Keep up with physio and make sure to walk around the house as much as your Dr allows you to. Or else it'll stay swollen and you'll loose function.

As for what can keep you entertained:

Games:
Blackwake (pirate naval fps with ramming)
PUBG
Overwatch
Guild Wars
Wow?
Arche Age (open world mmo with pirating and griefing)
Planetside 2 (free)

TV shows:
Breaking Bad
Red Dwarf (classic British show)
Lost
Scandal

YouTube Series:
Doralleous and Associates
Battlefield Friends

Books:
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Lord of the Rings
Harry Pooter
Enders Game
Lord of the Flies

Misc:
Pick up some sign language
Painting
Start a mineral collection

If all else fails:
Refer to @Thotfc

Thanks @Syrayeda and @Sponsor for taking the time to make a list, i will most def check them out @Sponsor yeah kinda with the fractures being mainly on the joint i have pretty much no weight bearing or flexibility, can't walk on it and do stretches if you cant move it or put weight on it hopefully soon!

I tore one of my knee ligaments (MCL) last year, so I feel your pain. Keep up with physio and make sure to walk around the house as much as your Dr allows you to. Or else it'll stay swollen and you'll loose function.

As for what can keep you entertained:

Games:
Blackwake (pirate naval fps with ramming)
PUBG
Overwatch
Guild Wars
Wow?
Arche Age (open world mmo with pirating and griefing)
Planetside 2 (free)

TV shows:
Breaking Bad
Red Dwarf (classic British show)
Lost
Scandal

YouTube Series:
Doralleous and Associates
Battlefield Friends

Books:
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Lord of the Rings
Harry Pooter
Enders Game
Lord of the Flies

Misc:
Pick up some sign language
Painting
Start a mineral collection

If all else fails:
Refer to @Thotfc

Good old Red Dwarf. Used to watch that on our local PBS station.
"How come you need more memory? Over the years you've had more RAM than a field of sheep!"

One of my daughters and I have been watching Orange is the New Black. We are on the last season. It is okay...
American Horror Story was okay too.

Learning a new "skill" really could help you out. Learn to draw. There are thousands of learn to draw videos out there.

If it were me I'd try and find some way to gain a higher level of gratification and productivity with my gaming, networking, practicing, etc. That and a bit of reading, if you've seen the game of thrones show you'll love the books and reading all the ones out would probably sink the rest of your recovery time, the show is incredible but the books are on an entirely different echelon, often when I'm out of things to do I try and find ways to improve myself, sometimes it's meditation, sometimes it's philosophy or just listening to some sort of educational podcast.

Users who are viewing this thread