EU+US What did you solo?

MyPerfection

### --- ... --- ###
Title says it all. :)

I've finished my affliction warlock, 733 with rank 12 weapon and started soloing old raids now.

Tried Firelands 25 Heroic 1st. Just to see how my lock performs. Everything before Pandaria should be a peace of cake. Nothing could destroy my Soul Leech, so I'm unkillable. And on top of that I've healed for more than my health pool every second + even more absorb.

So I've thought ... give Pandaria a try. Started with Mogu'Shan Vaults right now. 25 Heroic, why not?
Already killed the first 4 bosses. The Spirit Kings were quite hard but I managed to down them in the 2nd try. Completely unbuffed.

Elegon down too. Had to switch talents from GoSac (killed the adds and me) to GoSup.

Will of the Emperor seems to be impossible for now.

Have you started soloing yet and what did you kill so far?

Last edited:
Deathwing should be kinda easy for anyone if I'm not mistaken.

It is now... although Ultraxion isnt possible for my 99 arms warrior with no ranged attack anymore to speak of. Couldnt kill the drakes, the boss itself would be cake.

edit- last expac it was much more difficult. I couldnt solo heroic ultraxion on my 99 rogue because my DPS wasnt high enough to beat the NPC one-shot mechanic. Had to settle for normal for the rogue fangs quest - that i still havent finished, come to think of it. Lol.

On my 99 Veng DH I've solo'd several 110 Rares in Suramar, mainly to see if what they dropped would scale down to 99, which sadly they do not. I'm still working on her Gear (got several Leech and another Socket item on other Realms waiting for xfer) but once I'm comfortable with her Gear I'm going to try to solo Kazzak. Ofc I've killed everything else in Tanaan Jungle including all 4 Daily Rares.

The other "hard part" would be trying to push across the Bridge in Suramar City. I can't even reliably handle it on my 110 Hunter at 854 iLvL solo. 1-v-1 isn't bad, 1-v-2 is barely doable, 1-v-3 is impossible for me and the Pats make it dodgy.

although Ultraxion isnt possible for my 99 arms warrior with no ranged attack anymore to speak of. Couldnt kill the drakes, the boss itself would be cake.
Don't you have taunt? This is how i broght them to melee range back then.

I do not recall what my ilvl was. It was a long long time ago. You guys ilvl are far beyond what mine was though as I was doing it in WoD. It was on an elemental shaman.
Back in WOD ... that explains it.

Honestly.... i have the sinking feeling now that i was told how to do that before and had simply forgotten.

So now twice it's never even occurred to me before. So sad. Lol.

Affliction Warlock 733 /w Rank 12 Weapon

[Mogu'shan Vaults 10N] - 06 / 06
[Mogu'shan Vaults 25H] - 05 / 06

[Terrace of Endless Springs 10N] - 04 / 04

[Heart of Fear 10N] - 04 / 06

[Throne of Thunder 10N] - 08 / 12

[Siege of Orgrimmar 10N] - 13 / 14

... to be continued.

Last edited:
I desperately wanna love it, it's just clunky as duck. I cant do anything near what i should be able to with it. =/
Willing to elaborate on 'clunky as fuck'? I've always been Affliction with my Lock and still haven't made the choice yet for Demo or Aff for the Artifact Weapon on my 101. Having a talking/floating Head bob around you seems hilarious. As for what my 101 Lock would be it'd be 100% PvE so I don't need it to be ZOMGWTFPWNBBQ for iPvP or even WPvP. I have no issue going Demo for the Artifact then grabbing the Class Order Hall 740 Staff for Aff if you think I won't lose so much not having it's Artifact. Otherwise I may just push to 102 so I can grab them all as I have no desire to level that Lock to 110.

Willing to elaborate on 'clunky as duck'?

Well... i didnt say duck, XPoff did. But for PvE i'm sure you'd be fine, probably better than affliction? I say probably because affliction is pretty brain-dead easy to do OK with, but demo seems a stronger survival spec. I cant pump any DPS out with it is all, too much "management" i guess. For PvE it's irrelevant for me tho, my concern would be PvP.

I'm definitely going to give it another try after the patch, but it just doesnt fit me very well, i think. Destro is pretty sweet, tho. =P I thought destro might be difficult for stuff like soloing nelths, but it was actually one of the easiest specs so far.

edit- destro will probably get harder for that with the upcoming shadowburn nerf tomorrow tho. :(

Users who are viewing this thread