What cloth class would do best LVL 60?

Lylandria

Veteran
I'm about to roll up a cloth class due to the fact that I have not played one for a very long time. I'm currently playing in Retail version of the game and wanted to freeze my EXP to do a love of questing and just kill time before I progress. I'm stuck picking a class though. I know I want a cloth class and I know I want to be level 60. What class should I pick for optimal DPS?

Mages do the most damage/dps in the bracket. They will struggle 1v1 vs certain classes but on the most part they can 1 shot pretty much anything as arcane.

Warlock is a fun class, pretty difficult to play vs any melee but a breeze vs any ranged/caster (excluding healers).

Spriest kinda sucks.

Go Priest - Disc is broken at 60.

Sure it doesn't have the DPS of a Pure DPS class, but well geared most levelers you meet won't be able to kill you. I had a blast doing PvP in Hellfire on mine. Being a healer means short dungeon queues, and if you really don't like the Hybrid style of Disc play you could go Shadow or Holy.

For reference: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/dragonblight/arleinax

As a side note - 60's get the best of Classic and TBC for gear, access to WotLK Engineering etc

Warlock, a lot of fun and you can self Rez ez

Personally I find 'Lock @ 60 pretty meh - it's very difficult to get enough haste to make my preferred specs of Demo / Affliction work for me. All the TBC Socket pieces of gear are either + versa or + crit, and you definitely want to use those with int or int/crit gems. My 60 has haste on every piece of gear except the TBC gear and just makes 14% Haste.

Personally I find 'Lock @ 60 pretty meh - it's very difficult to get enough haste to make my preferred specs of Demo / Affliction work for me. All the TBC Socket pieces of gear are either + versa or + crit, and you definitely want to use those with int or int/crit gems. My 60 has haste on every piece of gear except the TBC gear and just makes 14% Haste.

You can gem 3 int 3 haste and stack haste well on rings, trinkets, helm, cloak & enchants have a haste option in nearly every slot. I've hit 30% pretty easily while staying above 400 int which is perfectly viable.

I am having the most fun stacking maximum intellect and grabbing a load of https://www.wowhead.com/item=22838/haste-potion to use when needed.

I don't think demo needs more than 15% haste anyway, the rest in crit and you're golden. Packs and bosses don't stay alive long enough to warrant more haste.

You can gem 3 int 3 haste and stack haste well on rings, trinkets, helm, cloak & enchants have a haste option in nearly every slot. I've hit 30% pretty easily while staying above 400 int which is perfectly viable.

I am having the most fun stacking maximum intellect and grabbing a load of https://www.wowhead.com/item=22838/haste-potion to use when needed.

I don't think demo needs more than 15% haste anyway, the rest in crit and you're golden. Packs and bosses don't stay alive long enough to warrant more haste.

Depends I guess on what your are fighting - 400SP vs Mobs OK - I'd rather not have to sacrifice ~22% of my Spellpower to get a decent amount of haste in PvP.

Depends I guess on what your are fighting - 400SP vs Mobs OK - I'd rather not have to sacrifice ~22% of my Spellpower to get a decent amount of haste in PvP.

I don't recommend stacking haste on a 60 lock for pvp, I agree with you that there isn't enough gear with suitable stats.

That's where versatility is king anyways. Doesn't matter how much haste you have if you die before you can do anything meaningful.

At 25% versatility and ~500-600 sp you can crush pretty much anything apart from decent rogues and reti paladins. Fury warriors can be a pain but you can outheal their damage with drain life.

Users who are viewing this thread