Weapon switch macro to abuse enchants?

glancealot

Legend
Equip cooldown: some proc based weapon enchants have a hiden cooldown triggered by "equip", such as https://www.wowhead.com/item=112160/enchant-weapon-mark-of-blackrock would only proc after 30 seconds when you equip it (based on my testing with https://www.wowhead.com/item=11808/circle-of-flame)

Shared internal cooldown: internal cooldown refers to the amount of time (for example, 45 seconds) where consecutive procs must be seperated by. some proc based weapon enchants have a shared internal cool down.

The goal is to find a bunch of these enchants (say, A, B and C) that don't have equip cooldown and don't have shared internal cool down, and have a macro (sequence and reset) that rotates between weapons (macro would equip weapon with enchant A, then weapon with enchant B, then weapon with enchant C, and then repeat)

The macro would be pressed whenever A, B or C goes off to abuse the enchant procs. (if the proc disappears after you take off the weapon, then you wait until the proc is done)

in addition, you can also combine enchants with no equip cooldown but with an internal cooldown, with enchants that offer a flat increase (+weapon dmg, or + spell power, for example) for maximize efficiency, for the duration of the internal cooldown, you equip the weapon with flat increase enchant.

Maybe someone has already looked into this extensively, but my gut feeling is that, we need joint efforts to get to the bottom of this as it would be too much testing for one person.

hopefully people find this idea intriguing and i look forward to seeing some constructive feedback!

Here is a nice file (by my buddy @Swoops ) where it lists the internal cooldown of some of the proc-based spells

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Zqdg4xLaszpxjr2gfAMt7XZBs/edit#gid=1243888891

Honestly, it is something that will get you a slight edge, but it's a pain in the *** to track and deal with. Not worth the micro managing for the +10 main stat every once in a while. And in some cases the BiS weapon gives straight up more main stat than a secondary weapon with an enchant procced on top of it.

Set swapping for weapon enchants is basically only relevant for warriors that sader swap.

And then you gotta start tracking wizard oils, sharpens etc, then you also lose a global swapping set.

IMO not worth and really inconsistent.

Honestly, it is something that will get you a slight edge, but it's a pain in the *** to track and deal with. Not worth the micro managing for the +10 main stat every once in a while. And in some cases the BiS weapon gives straight up more main stat than a secondary weapon with an enchant procced on top of it.

Set swapping for weapon enchants is basically only relevant for warriors that sader swap.

And then you gotta start tracking wizard oils, sharpens etc, then you also lose a global swapping set.

IMO not worth and really inconsistent.

ya good points, especailly with respect to oil management.

ya good points, especailly with respect to oil management.
Equip cooldown: some proc based weapon enchants have a hiden cooldown triggered by "equip", such as https://www.wowhead.com/item=112160/enchant-weapon-mark-of-blackrock would only proc after 30 seconds when you equip it (based on my testing with https://www.wowhead.com/item=11808/circle-of-flame)

Shared internal cooldown: internal cooldown refers to the amount of time (for example, 45 seconds) where consecutive procs must be seperated by. some proc based weapon enchants have a shared internal cool down.

The goal is to find a bunch of these enchants (say, A, B and C) that don't have equip cooldown and don't have shared internal cool down, and have a macro (sequence and reset) that rotates between weapons (macro would equip weapon with enchant A, then weapon with enchant B, then weapon with enchant C, and then repeat)

The macro would be pressed whenever A, B or C goes off to abuse the enchant procs. (if the proc disappears after you take off the weapon, then you wait until the proc is done)

in addition, you can also combine enchants with no equip cooldown but with an internal cooldown, with enchants that offer a flat increase (+weapon dmg, or + spell power, for example) for maximize efficiency, for the duration of the internal cooldown, you equip the weapon with flat increase enchant.

Maybe someone has already looked into this extensively, but my gut feeling is that, we need joint efforts to get to the bottom of this as it would be too much testing for one person.

hopefully people find this idea intriguing and i look forward to seeing some constructive feedback!

Here is a nice file (by my buddy @Swoops ) where it lists the internal cooldown of some of the proc-based spells

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Zqdg4xLaszpxjr2gfAMt7XZBs/edit#gid=1243888891

Id say even swapping for crusader is rough. I made some swap macros for my warrior to try to stack crusader procs. Set up some big weak auras to track each proc separately. On a target dummy, it works great. I can have one 2h out, get crusader to proc, then swap in another 2h for the second proc. Manage to get 3 crusaders up at once a few times.

The issue is when you're in pvp and you have seconds to react, you don't really have time to wait for the gcd of the swap then track your buffs. Even if the buffs were guaranteed to proc immediately on swap, I still think that gcd would be killer. And being horde in the eu, I have even less time as I almost always face premades or stacked teams with a million hunters. No way to comfortably try to stack buffs. I'm usually popped in seconds as it is.

Perhaps it would be easier if I were ally or it would probably fine for 1v1 encounters ;p

I've been playing with weapon swapping a bit as I goof around with an armor-pen fury warrior and I gotta say... Im not terribly sold on it being worth the GCD. Though, this may also be a melee thing. Perhaps, as a caster, it might make sense to use a proc weapon and then swap to a +SP weapon as you get procs/reposition.

But as a front lining melee if I have spare GCDs, theyre gonna get spent on slows. Hamstring is just way more valuable to me and my team than trying to squeeze an extra handful of damage out of an execute thats just gonna overkill anyway.

Maybe in a pre-SL era when swapping didnt have to wait on a GCD, it was worth it. Lord knows I abused crusader swaps. But these days, if Im gonna swap, its to go sword/board for a little extra survivability. Am I stoked if that nets me a dual crusader? hell yea. But Its just too clunky to try and actually work for.

That said! I think it's kind cool to compile this kind of information *for science* anyway. I'll keep an eye out for any weird weapon procs that seem to have an "on equip" CD on them.

Users who are viewing this thread