Weapon choice

Despitebeing

Veteran
Hey all, I’m currently working on building a 39 rogue which will be Hemo spec. I’ve decided to roll with the bonebreaker in my main hand but found there is a bit of contention among what is the best OH. I’m torn between Ginn-su and Vanquishers. Ginn is faster for poison app and has great stats and is stylistically sexy. Vanq is more dps but quite slow for an OH.

What is the general way to go or is it mostly preference?

If you care about speed you can look at Vendetta 1.3 speed, if you want balance between speed and stats Stonevault Shiv 1.5 speed is excellent. If you're most concerned with stats Nordic or Vanq are the winners.

If you care about speed you can look at Vendetta 1.3 speed, if you want balance between speed and stats Stonevault Shiv 1.5 speed is excellent. If you're most concerned with stats Nordic or Vanq are the winners.
So there’s no space for Ginn-su? Not even a competition?

It does have a nice combination of decent stats, decent dps and decent speed, but being mediocre at everything doesn't win out over the other options imo. Personally I don't care about speed for OH - 2.2 isn't even that slow so I take the best stat stick, which is Vanq/Nordic.

It does have a nice combination of decent stats, decent dps and decent speed, but being mediocre at everything doesn't win out over the other options imo. Personally I don't care about speed for OH - 2.2 isn't even that slow so I take the best stat stick, which is Vanq/Nordic.
Gotcha. I’ll probably do some testing to see what I like. I got the Ginn-su for cheap, so it’s worth giving a try.

it's mathematically disadvantageous, but there's no real reason you couldn't use it if you wanted to. it's not going to break your toon.
Yeah, I imagine the margins are slim as it is. In min/max terms Vanq is probably the best but Ginn-su isn’t far behind and is stylistically cool as hell.

defo fast OH over a slow (better stated) OH - like you say the differences is minimal its more about getting those poison procs off that by far will be the bigger make or break thing here, only time id think about using vanq sword would be with a glass dagger build where u just go for max damage over anything else.

You could always break the mould and run a mace OH and go mace spec lol :) think one of the Slash AFK rogues is running mace spec

I just think that fast OH is really overrated. Conventional wisdom is that yeah a quicker weapon gives you more poison procs but I disagree when we're talking about a .5s difference. Poisons have a high chance to proc, which is great and means that you don't need a slow weapon to land them, but it's still a PPM calculation which gives slow weapons a higher proc chance. It's really hard to argue that .5s difference will equate to more poison procs in any given battle.

defo fast OH over a slow (better stated) OH - like you say the differences is minimal its more about getting those poison procs off that by far will be the bigger make or break thing here, only time id think about using vanq sword would be with a glass dagger build where u just go for max damage over anything else.

You could always break the mould and run a mace OH and go mace spec lol :) think one of the Slash AFK rogues is running mace spec
I agree. Vanq is a great OH if you go backstab/ambush with fiendish skiv. Otherwise, a fast OH with good stats seems to be the superior option.

I did consider maces for a time. Only crappy thing is there’s no great OH maces available to combine with bonebreaker.

I agree. Vanq is a great OH if you go backstab/ambush with fiendish skiv. Otherwise, a fast OH with good stats seems to be the superior option.

I did consider maces for a time. Only crappy thing is there’s no great OH maces available to combine with bonebreaker.

Except another Bonebreaker? It's actually a great combo, or Hand of Rightiousness/Bonebreaker. It's not a good spec though sadly...

So I run stomevault bone main hand, I’m testing my off hands as I play to see what I prefer.

I have 5 off hands at the moment.

You have the sac kris of the monkey 4/4 which is a fast 1.3 dagger. I tend to use that over the stonvault shank.

When using swords I use them in this order, most used to least used.

Ginn-suu > Nordic Longshank > Vanq

It’s all personal preference. I prefer a fast offhand to unload my crippling poison faster.

isn't the 4 wep dmg from hand of righteousness mathamatically better than 8 stre from bonebreaker?

So 14 AP = 1 DPS. 12 AP from 8 Str/4 Agi will take the Bonebreaker up to 29.6 DPS vs 29.8 from the Hand. But you get Crit/Dodge/Amor from the Agi which could be argued makes up that .2 dps. Basically it's as dead even as it gets without identical stats, so enjoy whichever you prefer!

i always go off the weapon damage itself and not the actual dps - think thats what your getting at huh Youb?

SM mace in theory should hit slightly harder, not sure twhat that 8 str adds in terms of actual damage im guessing it would be fairly close to 3/4 damage tho

Sure it would add 2.31 to the damage range so it would end up being 56.3/103.3. vs 54/105. This gets you the exact same average hit for both weapons - 79.5, even when rounding off the decimal on that hit range. So again the Agi seems to tip the scales.

Yea for sure the agl Prob tips it in favour of stone Ault but it would be so close haha1

Users who are viewing this thread