Was just wondering...

After the next Darkmoon Faire, Ursin will be ready to field a 10 man in the gulch. My question is, any realms (Horde) interested in facing Ursin about 2 weeks from now? Rather it's from Aerie Peak, BWL, Vashj, or even an organized group of 10 consisting the best, we'd like to bring some more competitive scene to this bracket. Ursin's best date to set a premade up is on the Weekends. The rules will be listed down below, and let me know what you guys think.

Rules:
Max of 2 of a class
Max of 3 healers
Max of 1 druid per spec
Monks are not allowed
No outside buffs
Exploits/exploited gear will not be tolerated

Consumables:
Bandages allowed
Minor wizard oil allowed
Sharpening Stones allowed
Healing and Mana potions allowed
Battle Standards allowed
Poison Extraction Totem allowed
Any food/water that doesn't permit a stat buff is allowed
Any food that permits a stat buff is not allowed
Scrolls are not allowed
Alchemy potion buffs will not be allowed (Taking it away will make the game less bursty. All/Most of us will not be dropping Alchemy as a profession because we all know how annoying it is to refarm the recipes all over again.)
Speed pots are not allowed (Unkeybind it.)

Anything else that isn't listed is not allowed or...
When in doubt, don't use it.

If anyone have any questions or is interested, shoot me a PM.
p.s Ursin will be streaming the game

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't be shy guys! Let me know what you guys think.

I see alot of problems with 10v10 in this bracket.

I can't think of very many servers outside of Aerie Peak, and maybe BWL that would have the numbers to consistently put up 10 people to do premade versus premade each weekend.

And as far as balance goes, no amount of healers will make games fun, in a bracket were hunters can do 100k damage in a single battleground. (three is not enough, four is just dumb)

So if the intention is to
bring some more competitive scene to this bracket.

I don't think thats the way to do it, I think 5v5 is the way to do it, and you just deal with the luck of the draw of getting who you get on each side for the other 5 players. (had some games in the past of Mok'nathal versus Ursin, where a pug player throws the game for us, but I still count it as fun)

In general I dislike alot of the rules stated here, but i'm not even going to touch that, when the main problem is trying to do a 10v10, in a bracket where a thread talking about if premading is even ethical (...) goes on for 13+ pages.

Just my opinion.

in a bracket where a thread talking about if premading is even ethical (...) goes on for 13+ pages.

Although to be fair, that thread contains a handful of trolls and obstinate people, and an overwhelming number of people who don't think it's an issue.

On topic, Vashj Alliance would be able to put up a 10-man with enough notice, but that doesn't help the OP who is looking for Horde opponents. But BWL and Vashj already have something similar in the works, as well.

thread[/URL] talking about if premading is even ethical (...) goes on for 13+ pages.

Just my opinion.

Honestly, I would hate rolling the dice on 5 pugs. An organized 10v10 would be the best to a better quality game. I could see your reasoning as why it would be difficult to form a horde group of 10. I would love to see your own list on rules and consumables to a premade. Thank you for your opinion Oldspike.

It takes freaking forever just to get two groups of five in the same match. Four groups of five is damn near impossible before people start dropping out. I like the idea in theory, but practically speaking, it sounds like a hassle.

your own list on rules and consumables to a premade.

Honestly, I think being a F2P, and having the restrictions already set upon us limits us enough.

Goes for both class comps and consumables.

In terms of class comps, I don't think people who are making a serious f2p ten man are going to have 1 rogue, 7 hunters, a prot paladin, and a resto druid. I mean good on them for putting together the people who would be willing to play that comp, and I would have no problem with them queuing against someone who wants to queue against them, but the solution is just not to queue against them.

For consumables, I really can't think of anything that a f2p can obtain that is really THAT overpowered as to ban it. Only thing I would draw the line out is using outside buffs. But for most, all the buffs would be is Food, Fortitude Potion, Elixir of Wisdom/Elixir of Giant Growth, and Swiftness potion.

harsh rules , definitely dislike the ban on using swift pots.
But not a bad idea, i actually talked with a fellow tink not too long ago about an AP vs Ursin bg but considering the severe decrease in quality horde ap'ers combined with the fact that ursin is ally just makes it seem like a dream.
Solution: Ursin roll horde (unless already have) and do a 5v5 with AP ally or Vashj
Or keep dreamin.

Could always put together a crossrealm 10v10 and face off with Sanctuary... [MENTION=7982]Honeybadger[/MENTION]

It takes freaking forever just to get two groups of five in the same match. Four groups of five is damn near impossible before people start dropping out. I like the idea in theory, but practically speaking, it sounds like a hassle.

^This. Of the 2 10v10s i've taken part in, the first one took over an hour to get the queue's right (we had persistant leaders) and the second one fell through after 30 minutes of trying to simul. Without the wargames feature, it's rather difficult. I agree that 5v5s are the way to go. More luck to you either way, hope queue's line up.

Why don't you go for an open fight? No battleground. Last man standing. Since it's possible to invite people over to other servers, that shouldn't be much of a problem. And if you want some form of objective: set up an NPC or object that needs to be protected and can be healed. One group guards, one attacks.

I'm still dumbfounded to see people are against the ban of speed pots. I can never imagine an organized games where everyone (all 10) is allowed to use/crutch on a 15 second 50% movement potion. Thinking about it sounds so silly. With people saying f2p's are gimped as it is, doesn't mean speed pots should be granted in an organized game. With or without reasoning as to why Speed pots should be allowed, I'll never be convinced.

Users who are viewing this thread