US Warsongs on Monday Nights!

Zanked

Grandfathered
Hello all,

I would like to inform/remind EVERYONE to que 60 XP OFF WARSONG GULCH every Monday night at 7 PM PST. I advise to que ~10-15min prior to this time if you want a secured spot. Within recent months, 60s have been able to get consistent ques and we are expecting to grow more in numbers. Seeing that these ladders are great tools to contribute to the matter. I suggest also referring to the thread below as it will help you stay up to date with some 60 information as well. My btag is Woahlol#1439 if you have any personal questions.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20350805234?page=1

It would be great if people didn't queue BA (Bonus Armor) stacked prot warriors or playing feral <3

Both sides are in need of healers, less warriors and druids!

It seems I've missed the pops unless they continue to pop later into the night. I may make a 60 mage. Have a 60 warrior already. Can't wait to get these games rolling!

Looking to make a mage or healer on Alliance, anyone have any suggestions aside from druid?

Healers are much needed in the bracket

Priest I have only seen as shadow so far, but from past experiences of maining it in this bracket you are very strong even as holy in my opinion jt disc is much more dominate as of right now seems how burst things are in 2's and what not. I highly suggest disc.

Holy paladin I would not say is extremely strong heals, they are moderate at that but to make up for the loss of some higher healing you tend to be proc reliant and are able to provide so much utility for your team. You have HoP and freedom, pretty strong damage, stun, and aura making you and everyone on you party immune to silence and take 20% less damage. You can glyph aura to just work for you but it is 60 second shorted CD.

Resto shaman I have surprisingly not seen at all so i would say it is not on the strong healing of sides? I am sorry about that and the lack of information I can provide about it.

Mistweaver I have seen one or two and it seems that it is very strong, it has mobility, great heals, you are able to choose a stun, you have paralysis (good cc chain with stun), and you are given bubble.

For damage caster

I have not seen any boomy's so I am very unclear of their potential. I've heard that they are like 19's, dot, starsurge, kitty damage.

Warlock I have seen a few times. It is decent as demo but affliction and destro are much much stronger. Affliction can land heavy burst of rot (I played a little as affliction recently in the bracket and with just boa's you can land heavy damage all Round and even single target) and Destro well I have not seen any yet. You do have some nice CC as warlock given many stuns and fears and a 6 second pet silence.

Mage I have seen few but if you play with rogue you will be able to run arcane for heavy burst damage due to the fact of all the CC you and your rogue have to hold down the enemy team and land one shots. Frost does not have deep freeze just saying that now.

That's all I can think of for now man, sorry for the last if description.

Last edited:
Priest is very strong, disc is best for healing but holy is decent, still viable, it has better aoe healing and decent damage. Yet to encounter many holy Palas but I'd guess they're decent because of multi target healing, support (aura, etc as mentioned by Delayed) and the stun they have. Mw monks are very strong in 2s from the one I've come across (many times) but dunno how they'd be in BGs, I'd guess fairly good, and that aoe Leg sweep stun could make remarkable plays... Shamans tend to just flop over and die compared to other healers in my experience, never played against a well built stam stacked shaman tho.

Mages aren't too strong in arena but in BGs everything's different, maybe arcane could be good bcus you have time to build up burst then unleash it on someone

Last edited:
S Tier - Disc Priest is top tier for Healers. It has utility, damage, healing, good amount of Cool Downs and CC.

A Tier - RDruid/MW follow closely behind. rDruids are the kings of throughput when it comes to healers - both damage (FB/Mangle rotations) and healing. However, they lack any real form of utility/CC outside of 'Swarm>Rogue' or 'Roots>Melee.'

MW have mobility, great CC both single target and AoE, and have Cocoon, the single greatest defensive cool down at this bracket. However, MW is a little behind rDruids in terms of healing throughput without any real Damage throughput.

B Tier - HPriest/HPally. Holy Priests have the same CC as a MW, but with a weaker version of Cocoon. They also require more skill to make up for their atypical playstyle. They have pretty reliable throughput and their damage in Chakra Smite can rival the DPS of a catform'd rDruid (just not the burst of it).

HPallies are the weakest Healer in terms of throughput. They are the Disc Priests of old. Jack of all trades, master of none. HPallies have the most amount of utility out of any healer in the bracket by a mile. Their DPS is ok. Their healing is ok. HPallies tend to suffer hardest from 2 things; 1) Not correctly using the right CD for the right situation means you could be forced to pop 2 CDs instead of 1, and 2) Holy Shock and Word of Glory are literally garbage when it comes to healing. WoG 3HP is worse than Flash of Light. Same base cast time and WoG is less healing. Holy Shock unless it crits leaves the Pally wondering why they didnt just use it offensively.

RIP Tier - RSham. Rshamans have some good throughput at 60, problem is, they lack any source of defensive CD or utility outside of Shear. Couple that with a very damage heavy bracket and even if you play well enough they may just face roll gib you.

Last edited:
S Tier - SPriests. As far as casters go, Spriests are the top. They have really good spread (rot) damage. They have very good burst on a low CD (with Glyph of Mind Harvest). They have good CC, some utility in offensive Dispel and a great defensive CD in Dispersion.

A Tier - UA/Ele/Fire. While Spriest's Spread damage might be matched by UA and burst might be matched with Ele/Fire, the problem comes from set up and shut down. UA has good spread damage in BGs, and some nice burst if you go Crit stacking for Haunts, but is easily ran down. While lacking defensive CDs, it does brings loads of CC if you have the finesse for the class.

Ele has insane burst, good off heals and some utility, but 0 Defensive CDs.

Fire mage has great mobility with scorch run-n-gun. It also has good CC and Burst. The problem is how easily trained they are and how reliant their burst is on procs.

B Tier - Arcane/Destro/Demo/Boomkin. Arcane is a mix of Boomkin and Destro's problems. Easily trained. Suffers at doing damage for free. And lastly, Sheep locking out Arcane tree. They dont have Bounce House at this level which would easily make them A Tier if they did. However, spamming Slow and building up free stacks when you can, can often surprise people with how much burst you actually do.

Havoc can absolutely wreck people. Chaos bolt is hard to get off, and after you spend your Embers, getting them back takes a lifetime. Very easily trained.

Demo can be a great CC bot/damage soaker. It has some good damage in small windows, which it trades for its survival and utility.

Boomkins have amazing offheals, but not much else in terms of through put. They require lots of hard casting unless procs go their way. If paired with an Spriest/UA in BGs it can really wreck people. But the shining light (no pun intended) of Boomkins is Root+Beam.

RIP Tier - Frost. Frost is the undeniable king of CC. It has been for a very long time, however it has next to 0 damage to back it up at 60. The best comparison is old 19 Frost Mages that would just rank 1 Frostbolt/Sheep. They werent used for Damage, just their CC. The same is true now in this bracket. Most specs just compensate their lack of CC with damage.

Last edited:
I guess I could put a DPS Tier list for melee/hunter. Its a lot more forgiving in this bracket. Lots of melee can do great damage, and thats without even getting into BA stacking scum. Most of the tier plays around counter picks. Like Feral/Enhance being top tier, until you go against a Fury warrior or a 30 second evasion Rogue. Ill try to work on it, but it will take a while.

Users who are viewing this thread