Warmane - (Beta) Instant 19 - Progression realm

Powerlol

Grandfathered
Greetings everyone,

As a private server coordinator, I've to actually be on point with any news regarding it's scene. In all honesty, with classic being a thing, twink private server scene hasn't changed a lot.

But Warmane staff has decided this week to do something special for a few of the remaining wotlk twink players. They're actually working on making one of their server (Blackrock - old Arena Tournament) - an instant 19 twink server with some kind of progression through PvP.

unknown.png

You'll start with a bad gear and will have to grind & get some honor through BGs to be able to buy your bis gear.

A few of your gear (Heirlooms) will have to be farmed with an instant 80 that you'll have to play weekly on the server (Blackrock) (This way they keep a little bit of things blizzlike; i.e. heirlooms only able to get through a main on the server).

And with that new realm feature they also released Arena Ratings avaliable for every brackets.

But, again an instant 19 server, people don't understand this has been a failure all the time? What makes them a better staff/server than the old one?

Well it's true, instant 19s server always have been a failure the last few years, but Warmane is a well known server since 2010 and always had some kind of activity on their servers. Lately it has been mostlikely only Warsong Gulch games but with arena ratings that released 1 week ago, they're pretty much "active" for it's already established community.

Also don't forget that Warmane have cross realms server; this means that you'll be able to fight in BGs & arenas everyone from other servers (like it's on Classic).

WoWScrnShot_082620_233536.jpg

So even though their instant 19s is a failure and none wants to play, twink will still be a thing on their servers.

At first, there will be a gear difference, since Lordaeron/Icecrown/Frostmourne have already full bis gear, but things will be balanced out later on once everyone will be full geared. But hey, those guys have been playing actively for 5 years on Warmane. Can't stop them from crushing new starter.

Also they have been fixing a lot of 19s bugs lately to help the community to increase on their server(s), and have fixed one of the most frustrated bug that is still buged on 3/4 of wotlks servers as of now.

So yeah I'd recommend everyone that's willing to play 19s wotlk with little of effort (no PvE grind, no skip queue vip pay access, no real 80s needed) to grab that opportunity & give it a shot. **Even tho you're the only one to play you'll still be able to get WSGs**

For me it's clearly a vouch for Warmane and it's for me the #1 private wotlk server to twink nowadays!

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=425601&p=3074769
https://www.warmane.com/devlog

ps: it's a beta, everything is subject to change (honor required for gear, etc etc)

Last edited:
Battlegroups alone will guarantee that it won't fail.

Reactions: KPI
Battlegroups alone will guarantee that it won't fail.

All depend of the new people joining it, and their mentality. Some people wants PvE to add char value. Some people also don't want to spend weeks of grind (because this is how it's as of now) to see their char full bis. And also some people don't want to spam BGs to acquire gear. Different vision of twink, can't satisfy all of them

Blackrock 19s twink can itself be a failure, warmane 19s twink scene won't

(by a failure, I mean if it brings 10 people only at the end of the month, which is great for it's already established community, but it will be failure for Warmane staff to only have brought 10 people)

Will mostly depend on the degree of gear progression, tbh.

I mean, just an idea but has anyone ever considered using noggit to make player/guild housing and shit like that? Also, why not jazz up WotLK twinking again with leg armor, head/shoulder enchants and the works like pre-3.3.5?

As far as housing goes, imagine farming tokens and getting the keys unlock something like this:
Wo-WScrn-Shot-022019-012909.jpg

Get creative xd

No, that was fixed in 3.1 or 3.2.

Needs more hunters, I've had games that had other classes in 'em.. dafuq, hunters unite

I'm waiting for them to implement 29 and 39 brackets personally.

I mean, just an idea but has anyone ever considered using noggit to make player/guild housing and shit like that? Also, why not jazz up WotLK twinking again with leg armor, head/shoulder enchants and the works like pre-3.3.5?

As far as housing goes, imagine farming tokens and getting the keys unlock something like this:

Get creative xd

I don't disagree, though housing would probably be more work than it's worth. Personally, I'd go for something around patch 3.0 or 3.1. Leg, head, and shoulder enchants to give you more buffer to experiment, and maybe a handful of tweaks to actual itemization for the sake of balance (sorry hunters, nerfed ammo and/or ranged weapon dps for you). But I'd do this with the 30-39 bracket personally.

Users who are viewing this thread