Warlock

Jabberino

Grandfathered
Soo, I've noticed every single warlock enchants crit as destro. I know Chaos Bolt damage is crit dependant, but I've tested the spec with haste and it works really damn fine. Opinions? Is it really that big of a difference? Because usually I only manage to cast 1 chaos bolt in 2v2 anyway.

Soo, I've noticed every single warlock enchants crit as destro. I know Chaos Bolt damage is crit dependant, but I've tested the spec with haste and it works really damn fine. Opinions? Is it really that big of a difference? Because usually I only manage to cast 1 chaos bolt in 2v2 anyway.

The crit enchants is not just about chaos bolt tho. Crit causes a lot of your spells to crit (obviously) and if I recall correctly, incinerate crits generate more ember and immolate crits generate ember (immolate does not If it doesn't crit) and conflagarate crits are pretty sick.

Those crits don't lie
tumblr_inline_nj82e5otAD1tnsujz.gif

I think the arena sets are still more complicated. There are a lot of variables.

Are you going to have trouble landing casts? Go Haste.

Do you need your damage to have the potential to be very high? Go Critical Strike.

Do you need to take less damage while only needing a small buff to damage? Go Versatility.

The sets are also a bit subject to each person. Playstyles are different, and it's hard to pinpoint what the best in slot way of using stats is at 20.

Oh and also, don't think that you necessarily have to weigh one stat prioritization above the others. You can definitely mix and match as needed, and I would even go so far as to encourage you to do that as Destruction at 20.

Tried fully enchanted stucked and mixed of crit/versa not very familiar with haste as destro but can imagine should be fair for arenas to use the haste enchant on cloak and the rest gift enchants should be critical. As for your heirloom weapon choose the one with +haste. The rest gear with full spell power enchants i suggest as you wanna be destructive in those 5 sec period of your burst. You should be able with that to maintain a descent ratio of your critical chance for those "sick conflagrates" and also abit faster for your cc without loosing in damage. So it's up to you to decide at last how you will end up with trinkets. If by any chance you could get a gurubashi trink go on and use it along with an intellect one or that with the versa + increased HP on use. Adding tho some stamina too to your character wouldn't be a bad idea at all as i caught my self many times already end up dying due to low hp.

This is my lock. Akumma @ Frostmane - Community - World of Warcraft
Its a pure mostly bg build for 1.7 to 2k chaos bolts with a 286 spell power scale. So you may roll a worgen same equiped as mine but with insignia and gurubashi trinket too + racial speed buff for a 10/10
Spell power >versatility> critical strike for chaos bolt max damage. (tested)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread