wargame numbers?

Guccifarts

Veteran
Is there anyway to do wargames with less than 10 people? Could you que 8v8 or do you need a full 10 when you que?

5v5 is the minimum for most Battlegrounds; including AV/IoC + WSG/BG/TP/Mines/Temple.
8v8 is the minimum for AB/EotS/SoTA.
2v2 is the minimum for all Arenas.

Use the wargame addon for maximum effectiveness. Also not 100% sure if the new maps are put into the UI but it is definitely worth checking. Otherwise it is, /wg groupleadername map with the ability to use BattleTag/RealID, and the map does not require a full string, ie. warsong/alterac is fine.

One of my ideas was an 8v8 meta on nights where we have to exclude people; in order to prop up an extra team or two with our numbers but it was shot down as retarded or goofy.

Source: https://wow.gamepedia.com/War_Game

my boy @Enno ...Thanks bro, Planning to host some form of RBG tournaments soon but we don't have the pop for 10v10s. More to come later

We do have the population, it's just a matter of fielding enough teams. Maybe a 4 team draft round robin for fun with some restrictions? We could do that with 10v10. I just think in order to do a sizeable single or double elim tournament you'd need 6-8 teams which currently isn't feasible at a single time. So I proposed testing an 8s meta to see how it fares then expanding it similarly to 3s where we can start get rosters of people practicing.

5v5 is the minimum for most Battlegrounds; including AV/IoC + WSG/BG/TP/Mines/Temple.
8v8 is the minimum for AB/EotS/SoTA.
2v2 is the minimum for all Arenas.

Use the wargame addon for maximum effectiveness. Also not 100% sure if the new maps are put into the UI but it is definitely worth checking. Otherwise it is, /wg groupleadername map with the ability to use BattleTag/RealID, and the map does not require a full string, ie. warsong/alterac is fine.

One of my ideas was an 8v8 meta on nights where we have to exclude people; in order to prop up an extra team or two with our numbers but it was shot down as retarded or goofy.

Source: https://wow.gamepedia.com/War_Game
We used to have 8v8 and 9v9 during segregation some one had to sit on the stump.

I think it's a completely valid strategy that could be used to create a series of RBG teams that actively recruit/pick their rosters and create good inhouse synergy. Plus, if we can figure out a meta for class/role limitations, it could be very competitive as well for the FC maps. Could be incredibly fast paced. More teams = more options for round robins, double elims, leaderboards, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread