EU+US Vultros and gruff farming

Cattywompus

Veteran
Good morning, all! I am checking in to find out a little info on these 2 NPC's! Does gruff have a 15-30 min spawn? Also, are boarhide leggings really a 4% drop rate? Do they really scale to 20 if killed by a 120? Is vultros's spawn an hour? Is his dagger a 3%?

The reason I ask is these NPC's have been changed a few times, and they have varied from old wowhead comments. I'm just looking for a little piece of mind! Thank you all, and have a great day!

Good morning, all! I am checking in to find out a little info on these 2 NPC's! Does gruff have a 15-30 min spawn? Also, are boarhide leggings really a 4% drop rate? Do they really scale to 20 if killed by a 120? Is vultros's spawn an hour? Is his dagger a 3%?

The reason I ask is these NPC's have been changed a few times, and they have varied from old wowhead comments. I'm just looking for a little piece of mind! Thank you all, and have a great day!

Gruff has 20-30 min respawn, 20 being the earliest spawn, 30 the latest. Haven't killed it on a 120. Simply camped it on my twink-appropriate levels. And yes, 4% drop chance for Boarhide Leggings seems about right. Farmed 2 of them so far (epic versions).

Unsure about Vultros spawn time. Vultros can also spawn in a few different spots afaik.

You can farm boarhide on a 120 since the zone is maxed at 20. So you will get a lvl20 pair even if killed on a 120! Hope it helps, gl

I farm Gruff on my higher characters and move my level appropriate twinks to zones such as Westfall etc. Note if you're farming Gruff for 19 Boarhides you'll have to use a 19.

Vultros is like 20-30 min respawn between 5 spawn points. Fairly easy to find in Warmode on seeing as most people don't have WM on whilst leveling in Westfall (due to WM requiring level 20).

I am dual boxing, and so far I have 12 kills, and 2 boarhide leggings, (level 20 greens) I am definitely getting lucky with those actually dropping, but I just need the epic upgrade luck, i would even settle with a rare.

WoWScrnShot_052219_140340.jpg
Done deal! Now time to consider if I want hardncrawlers or the one from fenissa, or slicer blade or talon of vultros. I have 2 tons waiting at skhowl for feathered, I might use that over engi goggles.

Users who are viewing this thread