EU+US “Vibro Blade” on a Protection Warrior, is it viable?

Elkiva

▪ ℋøʟ⑂ ℙяḯℯṧт ▪
Hello everyone!

With Fury Warriors currently dominating the bracket, I had the idea of trying prot warrior.

Now, at first it didn’t really deal a major amount of damage, from a survival aspect it did offer more in the way of prolonged life however it didn’t amount to much.

Now the idea I have...

What if I used Vibroblade to puncher 100 Armor off my target with Crusader then weapon switch to gain a second proc of Crusader?

Would this 100 Armor rating reduction + 200 Strength make a huge impact to Prot warrior damage? I can imagine it would provide a rather big set of numbers?

If anyone on Ravencrest EU has a level 29 Vibroblade for sale, let me know as I would
Like to try this out.

Share your thoughts below

Regards,
Elkiva

Someone on Less is more has a lvl 24 and a lvl 29 req. I've told him to make a post here to sell. He might do it soon ^^

My pov : your vibroblade will be wasted on a war :(

If I may hijack this thread, i'm gearing up a gnome prot warrior, so it's related. I know it's really not the best spec, but she just looks cool, and that's my first criteria when playing a character.

That said, I'd appreciate any help when it comes to make this (underpowered) spec work, the best I can.
What are the weapons I should be looking for? Shields? Any specific obscure piece of armour that would help?

Right now, I'm trying to get as much Versatility as I can. I have a McGowan mace with crusader, in the meantime, and draconian deflector with an iron spike. I just started gearing her up.

I'll go with engineering and use bombs as much as I can for some CC.

So, to the pros out there, what items would you recommend to make this little warrior "effective".

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
If I may hijack this thread, i'm gearing up a gnome prot warrior, so it's related. I know it's really not the best spec, but she just looks cool, and that's my first criteria when playing a character.

That said, I'd appreciate any help when it comes to make this (underpowered) spec work, the best I can.
What are the weapons I should be looking for? Shields? Any specific obscure piece of armour that would help?

Right now, I'm trying to get as much Versatility as I can. I have a McGowan mace with crusader, in the meantime, and draconian deflector with an iron spike. I just started gearing her up.

I'll go with engineering and use bombs as much as I can for some CC.

So, to the pros out there, what items would you recommend to make this little warrior "effective".

Thanks in advance.
Get a Talwar with Crusader. Also, Thorium Shield Spike scales the best at low level for extra damage.
Blue BG Shield would be good, especially with some Vers but man they are so hard to come by.
Stack Stam/Vers for FC Prot and Str/Vers to hit harder and see some dents in health bars.
I haven’t done Prot PvP for a while but they can do some damage, they just lack burst so hard to beat a heals, but u can wear down dps toons.

Get a Talwar with Crusader. Also, Thorium Shield Spike scales the best at low level for extra damage.
Blue BG Shield would be good, especially with some Vers but man they are so hard to come by.
Stack Stam/Vers for FC Prot and Str/Vers to hit harder and see some dents in health bars.
I haven’t done Prot PvP for a while but they can do some damage, they just lack burst so hard to beat a heals, but u can wear down dps toons.

I like to play a sort of "support" role, to help the range dps/healers on my team. Any kind of peel I can provide, on those melees that dive my backline. I used to play with the charge stun talent for this, but alas that's gone.
I'll take your advice on Str/vers, that seems the most efficient with the playstyle.

Question, would anybody know if the Gnomeragan shield proc stacks with the shield spikes?

Last edited:
Prob about prot war is that they lost the stun on charge they have always lake of burst but that was clearly a viable spec in bg at legion

I played many games as prot with my Tauren I could pummel + double charge with aoe stuns + aoe stuns racial
Wich is totally dope against healers that balanced the lake of burst
But nowadays it s bit different since we don't have this stun on charge ..
I don't know if prot is really viable since they still don't have enough damage et have like no cc and no real Def cool down

Users who are viewing this thread