Veteran's Armory List (RETIRED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reposting since they haven't been added.

20 paladin: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/aerie-peak/terz

For your ret paladin's gear

Shoulders: Boa shoulders + kit is 8 str (more dps) than warforged shoulders (unless you have titanforged shoulders)
cloak: 3 vers 2 crit cape would be better than what you have on currently.
Chest: Aurora/adaptable bg chest would give more dps (with +7 stats enchant as well)
Belt: Quickblade dungeon belt would give more dps with the extra vers from it than warforged/titanforged belt.
legs: Boa legs with kit is more dps than warforged legs.
Feet: Minor speed stacks with cloak enchant, your enchant does not. Those boots are fine until you get adaptable bg crate boots.

rings: demon bands give more dps than argus rings (1 stam for 3 str/3 crit)
trinkets: defending/returning champion + void trinket give the most dps output.

Besides that it looks good. For talents, I think execution sentence is better than zeal but I haven't tested ret enough to be sure. *edit* after testing out zeal more it seems to help with crusader uptime. Might end up being more dps overall but lacks the burst setup from execution sentence.

The ideal ret build is mostly adaptable blue bg crate gear but thats hard to farm.

Last edited:

Shoulders: Boa shoulders + kit is 8 str (more dps) than warforged shoulders (unless you have titanforged shoulders)
Chest: Aurora/adaptable bg chest would give more dps (with +7 stats enchant as well)
Belt: Quickblade dungeon belt would give more dps with the extra vers from it than warforged/titanforged belt.
Feet: Minor speed stacks with cloak enchant, your enchant does not. Those boots are fine until you get adaptable bg crate boots.

Besides that it looks good. For talents, I think execution sentence is better than zeal but I haven't tested ret enough to be sure. *edit* after testing out zeal more it seems to help with crusader uptime. Might end up being more dps overall but lacks the burst setup from execution sentence.

The ideal ret build is mostly adaptable blue bg crate gear but thats hard to farm.

If you can skip a few armor points theres also fortified leggings. If you can put the str enchant on boes.

Added. Some notes for you:

Druid: I would double check that your Felshroud pieces are actually better than available alternatives. Swap Tuskarr's for Minor Speed to gain +2% speed -- Currently, you are not benefiting from your cloak enchant's speed increase.

Shaman: Same thing about speed increase as Druid. Needs Binding of Vers on rings.

Hunter: Keep an eye out for Lvl 20 / iLvl 28 Thorbia's Gauntlets. Leatherworker enchants (Leg Armor) do not bind the item, which means you can use any BoE legs.. Not sure if this changes your opinion on BiS legs. Need Binding of Vers on rings. Might also want a Ring of Precision.

Rogue: Shadowfangs are better but understandable if you can't afford. Same thing with the Leg Armor enchants. Need Binding of Vers on rings.

Mage: Could use iLvl 28 Magefist and iLvl 28 Keller's (Even I don't have the 2nd one yet haha). Need PvP OH but I'm sure you know that. I would also swap for Aurora Green Lens. Also need Binding of Vers on ring

Hope that helps! Great work so far - You're very close on most toons.

Added. Some notes for you:

Druid: I would double check that your Felshroud pieces are actually better than available alternatives. Swap Tuskarr's for Minor Speed to gain +2% speed -- Currently, you are not benefiting from your cloak enchant's speed increase.

Shaman: Same thing about speed increase as Druid. Needs Binding of Vers on rings.

Hunter: Keep an eye out for Lvl 20 / iLvl 28 Thorbia's Gauntlets. Leatherworker enchants (Leg Armor) do not bind the item, which means you can use any BoE legs.. Not sure if this changes your opinion on BiS legs. Need Binding of Vers on rings. Might also want a Ring of Precision.

Rogue: Shadowfangs are better but understandable if you can't afford. Same thing with the Leg Armor enchants. Need Binding of Vers on rings.

Mage: Could use iLvl 28 Magefist and iLvl 28 Keller's (Even I don't have the 2nd one yet haha). Need PvP OH but I'm sure you know that. I would also swap for Aurora Green Lens. Also need Binding of Vers on ring

Hope that helps! Great work so far - You're very close on most toons.

Thanks for reviewing!

Druid - I'm debating putting 2 int on the cloak and keeping tuskarrs or just going for max speed. I have the full fang set I plan to use for boomy, but as resto or fc I like the extra stam that felshroud gives.

Shaman - same debate as druid on speed enchants.

Hunter - have a ring of precision but it seems to me the added secondary stats and stamina at the expense of 1 agility is a good trade for pvp.

Rogue - I thought the DWT was better than SF due to proc dmg? My understanding was that SF is best for 19s, but I could be wrong. I got one SF in the bank somewhere :)

Mage - I have yet to see any ilvl 28 blues on aerie peak or malorne, but I'll keep an eye out. What's the stat difference? Also that dang rng when crafting green lens :-(

Anyways, thanks for the review and guide. I got some spending to do!

For ilvl 28 stats go to wowhead type in the item name. Click the "scale with level" button then choose the third one from the top and you will see the ilvl 28 stats.

My analysis of your Warlock:

Gear
1. Chest: Mystic's Wrap is +4 int over Fel-Infused Hauberk
2. Bracer: Lvl20 Mindthrust is +1 Int / + 3 Vers vs. 3 Crit / 3 Haste
3. Weapon: Wearing Blue MH / OH is 36 Int / 10 Secondary with OH Enchant (so +1 Int / +3 Secondary)
4. Gloves: iLvl28 Magefist are arguably better, but I'll concede this slot to preference
5. Belt: Sanguine Belt is +3 Int, iLvl28 Keller's is +5 Int
6. Legs: BoA + Spellthread = +1 Int with Same Stam for -2 Secondary. Clearly worth it
7. Feet: Krom'gar Boots are +2 Int with Same Stam for -2 Secondary. Again, clearly worth it
8. Ring: Advisor's Ring > Seal of Argus. It's that simple.
9. Ring: You're wearing all the grandfathered loot in the world but no Black Widow Band?

Enchants
1. You should be wearing Mark of the Hidden Satyr. It's not even up for debate - Healers wear it and you're a dot class lol
2. Glorious Stats to Chest is +7 All Stats (including Stamina) and you have +3 Stam?
3. You're trying to stacking Cloak Gift + Tuskarr's Vitality, which does not work. Would have to be Minor Speed to get the benefit. Use PvP Power or +2 Intellect on Cloak and Tuskarr's Vitality.
4. On bracers, you can get +3 SP, which goes to +4 in BG's
5. On Rings, you can put on Binding of Versatility, which will be +2 in BG's

I'm willing to overlook 1 or 2 pieces of non-bis, but it seems like you just threw on a bunch of GF'd loot without thinking about its actual value and expected to get added to the list. I'm not trying to be rude but Grandfathered loot does not help new players, and this particular gear isn't even better than alternatives that are available to new players.

I didn't analyze your other characters, as I noticed a similar pattern.

Ty for the suggestions, hadn't had much time to update my gear and honestly thought this was only an armory list.
For the boots you mention Krom'gars.. those are horde only right? Are there any alliance alternatives?

Ty for the suggestions, hadn't had much time to update my gear and honestly thought this was only an armory list.
For the boots you mention Krom'gars.. those are horde only right? Are there any alliance alternatives?

Corpse Rompers or BG blues. Not as good but bettet secondaries.

Made some of the changes you suggested except for the BoA items. I actually tried them with the right enchants and my damage dropped.
[doublepost=1533856935,1533854953][/doublepost]Updated Paladin: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/aerie-peak/Terz

Anymore suggestions for this toon?
Still working on updating my Warlock - changed out a few items so far, but some things will take a long time on AP (Black Widow Band for instance).

Made some of the changes you suggested except for the BoA items. I actually tried them with the right enchants and my damage dropped.
[doublepost=1533856935,1533854953][/doublepost]Updated Paladin: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/aerie-peak/Terz

Still working on updating my Warlock - changed out a few items so far, but some things will take a long time on AP (Black Widow Band for instance).

Just had a quick look but from what I can see mainly affix perfections and legs, shoulders and possibly trinket.

Just had a quick look but from what I can see mainly affix perfections and legs, shoulders and possibly trinket.

What trinket are you talking about?
I did try switching between BoA (with the enchants) and my invasion legs / shoulders, but my damage did go down slightly.

Why the vers engi helm? Not saying it's wrong, I'm genuinely curious because I've been playing ret more. I use the invasion helm since I have the TF ilvl 31 version, unless you never got that piece?

Why the vers engi helm? Not saying it's wrong, I'm genuinely curious because I've been playing ret more. I use the invasion helm since I have the TF ilvl 31 version, unless you never got that piece?

I do have the helmet at ilvl 31, the difference between them (damage) is pretty minor, I just like the bump in Stamina and more Versatility is never a bad thing.

For relevance of the thread, here's my hpal: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/argent-dawn/dcm

I use a more balanced set as opposed to Tence's. I like his build, it goes for more intellect over anything else, however I feel as though mine performs very well. I think it's worth looking at if you prefer to be a bit less glass cannon. I just have yet to get an Aurora shield.

Edit- I do the same as he does and I also go for the 50 haste point in BGs.

I do have the helmet at ilvl 31, the difference between them (damage) is pretty minor, I just like the bump in Stamina and more Versatility is never a bad thing.
Ahh gotcha, I'll try it out myself. Although a slight change in damage, the small boost to survivability from vers might make it the better choice.

Statistics and Armory website for 20 twinks.

XPOFFStats.com

Join XPOFF Discord
Here

Veteran Armory List

Druid
Md65TRu.png

Restoration
Shiftymcswag
Chaìnz
Dobyg (GF)
Derpyhooves (GF)

Balance
Trombone
Leeroyx (GF)

Feral

Guardian

Hunter
toSCAJY.png

Survival
Goohd (GF)

Marksmanship
ßurg (GF)
Ðerpyhooves (GF)

Beast Mastery
Iceháwk (GF)

Mage
AojdJVU.png

Frost

Arcane
Tollotko (GF)
Sycôphant (GF)

Monk
bODNGbX.png

Windwalker

Mistweaver

Paladin
QDXz813.png

Retribution

Holy
Tence (GF)
Deputylight (GF)

Priest
pBRg7Xr.png

Discipline
Dvorah
Hvnter (GF)
Superquality (GF)

Holy

Shadow

Rogue
UvmcAPu.png

Outlaw
Sfang (GF)
Mfðòóm (GF)
Chavøza (GF)
Slahtz (GF)
Derpyhôôves (GF)

Assassination

Shaman
OPc70WQ.png

Restoration
Phrontistery (GF)
Acîd (GF)
Dashà (GF)
Ðërpyhooves (GF)

Elemental

Warlock
9QeXRQG.png

Destruction

Warrior
QeWpHn2.jpg

Fury

Arms

Protection

If your character is Best in Slot, Non-Grandfathered, I will place your name above all Grandfathered toons.

Leave your character's name to be added to the list.

Mistweaver monk and correct link to my hunter >

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/malorne/Sycophànt

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/aerie-peak/Ðerpyhooves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread