Veteran's Armory List (RETIRED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wouldnt consider it BIS but i guess its your own preferences. You ditched a lot of ppl that linked their character without a respond or anything. Here is my link again, would you like to add him to the list? I would consider it BIS even tho its not specified as "best in slot veteran armory list" here is the link https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/draenor/Superquality

Yes, I see your difference in preference, and I would consider your character to be Best in Slot, as well. (p.s. I do carry Darkcloth Shoulders and Phoenix Pants, but my preference is on my current build). I will add your toon now.

I had also stated about a month ago that I would be purging the Armory list and starting fresh with BFA, as many people had not updated since WoD.

Last edited:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/twisting-nether/Dobyg

Here is my vet druid. Pug FC set. Made 30 + Cloaked shoulders pairs, trying to get the 3 crit 5 vers one.
Need BG boots and weapon of the quickblade ( 3 crit 5 vers and 1 crit 4 vers if I am lucky enough). Ring and bracer may get 1 crit for 1 vers swap but otherwise nothing major.

Last edited:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/wyrmrest-accord/ignorebrain

(Saving for a Black Husk Shield right now)

I think only Icehawk and Necro will appreciate this but it's my level 20 PvE tanking character. Will probably race-change to Tauren for the extra Stam and Warstomp.

I'm working on the other tanks next.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Seems you’ve gone the Stam & Vers setup, which it probably a good thing as u can get Crusader to boost ur Str, while still having the extra health.
I’ve chosen to go down the path of Str at the cost of Stam. Probably not exactly what tanks should do, but I like to put dents in my shield with opponents skulls
:p
Just be careful with the Black Husk Shield. I think it only has a limited supply of the poison removal ability. I’ve never had one so going off Wowhead. Once they’ve been used up, will be only an average shield, other than the Vers.
I’d be interested to see what sort of damage u push out with that set up inside of bg’s. I know on my Str set up, it’s up around 120ish, which is decent for a tank spec, but it comes at the cost of health.
Otherwise, interesting set up ;)

Edit : oh, just read it again and notice it’s ur PvE tank. Ignore my PvP dps comments!

Seems you’ve gone the Stam & Vers setup, which it probably a good thing as u can get Crusader to boost ur Str, while still having the extra health.
I’ve chosen to go down the path of Str at the cost of Stam. Probably not exactly what tanks should do, but I like to put dents in my shield with opponents skulls
:p
Just be careful with the Black Husk Shield. I think it only has a limited supply of the poison removal ability. I’ve never had one so going off Wowhead. Once they’ve been used up, will be only an average shield, other than the Vers.
I’d be interested to see what sort of damage u push out with that set up inside of bg’s. I know on my Str set up, it’s up around 120ish, which is decent for a tank spec, but it comes at the cost of health.
Otherwise, interesting set up ;)

Edit : oh, just read it again and notice it’s ur PvE tank. Ignore my PvP dps comments!

:) Yeah, purely for doing speedruns of low level dungeons as my little mindless zen garden :D

You're right on Black Husk, I wouldn't even use the charges—purely for the two extra vers that I can't seem to find on any other shield.

The mitigation from Versatility is crucial to doing mass, multi-boss pulls in low level dungeons. I realized today that Vers increases the healing done by the heirloom necklaces and trinkets. Amazing.

:) Yeah, purely for doing speedruns of low level dungeons as my little mindless zen garden :D

You're right on Black Husk, I wouldn't even use the charges—purely for the two extra vers that I can't seem to find on any other shield.

The mitigation from Versatility is crucial to doing mass, multi-boss pulls in low level dungeons. I realized today that Vers increases the healing done by the heirloom necklaces and trinkets. Amazing.

Bg crate shield

i'm quite fond of my fc set i'm testing the waters with
some gf'd pieces but yeah

shaman (mainly >6stack) fc set/"tank" set
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/bleeding-hollow/Phrontistery

things missing
- deep fathom ring > bg crate ring
- blue adaptable > green adaptable boots/pants
- adaptable hammer / shield > curent
- potentially returning champion > agm
- potentially enchanting adaptable shield with stam/vers enchant rather than 6stam

Looks very nice. Besides what your already listed I'd say grab fortified gloves and legs.

My analysis of your Warlock:

Gear
1. Chest: Mystic's Wrap is +4 int over Fel-Infused Hauberk
2. Bracer: Lvl20 Mindthrust is +1 Int / + 3 Vers vs. 3 Crit / 3 Haste
3. Weapon: Wearing Blue MH / OH is 36 Int / 10 Secondary with OH Enchant (so +1 Int / +3 Secondary)
4. Gloves: iLvl28 Magefist are arguably better, but I'll concede this slot to preference
5. Belt: Sanguine Belt is +3 Int, iLvl28 Keller's is +5 Int
6. Legs: BoA + Spellthread = +1 Int with Same Stam for -2 Secondary. Clearly worth it
7. Feet: Krom'gar Boots are +2 Int with Same Stam for -2 Secondary. Again, clearly worth it
8. Ring: Advisor's Ring > Seal of Argus. It's that simple.
9. Ring: You're wearing all the grandfathered loot in the world but no Black Widow Band?

Enchants
1. You should be wearing Mark of the Hidden Satyr. It's not even up for debate - Healers wear it and you're a dot class lol
2. Glorious Stats to Chest is +7 All Stats (including Stamina) and you have +3 Stam?
3. You're trying to stacking Cloak Gift + Tuskarr's Vitality, which does not work. Would have to be Minor Speed to get the benefit. Use PvP Power or +2 Intellect on Cloak and Tuskarr's Vitality.
4. On bracers, you can get +3 SP, which goes to +4 in BG's
5. On Rings, you can put on Binding of Versatility, which will be +2 in BG's

I'm willing to overlook 1 or 2 pieces of non-bis, but it seems like you just threw on a bunch of GF'd loot without thinking about its actual value and expected to get added to the list. I'm not trying to be rude but Grandfathered loot does not help new players, and this particular gear isn't even better than alternatives that are available to new players.

I didn't analyze your other characters, as I noticed a similar pattern.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread