EU+US Veteran mage.

I refuse to believe yall are arguing about who the most geared mage is get a fucking life

u need the new ilvl 31 bg crate drops at least

I do. I could use the replay quest trinkets as well, but I've been too invested in classic to worry about gearing a mage I never even played.

yea probably in arena

but bg's go with the glass cannon, use the heal on the heirloom neck and it makes up for the stam/vers loss, just hang in the back and blast away and stand near a heal, enemies drop so fast its like the extra stam/vers is a waste, if u want a more durable arcane might as well just roll a boomkin.

No, Glasscannon builds haven't been practical since like cataclysm and there are reasons as to why they've become less & less popular over the years. Hell, the only reason why most people even aim for minimaxed stats is simple to flex the ultra rare BOEs the game has implemented over the years. Like I said, the tooltip on your arcane missiles will change by like 20-30 damage max
(do keep in mind, this is not damage per missile, its damage per cast)

Even with mages being arguable one of the strongest classes from a defensive standpoint, with one of the best kits, I still dont think glasscannon is practical when something as "off-meta" as a ret paladin twink can run by and hit you for an 1100 templars verdict.
You simply sacrifice way too many stats trying to hit as hard as possible and it just doesn't work when matched up against someone with a brain. The last time I aimed for glasscannon builds was in WOD with charged gears / emissary cuffs, and even then it wasnt worth anything more than a flex.
[doublepost=1570461416,1570461381][/doublepost]
I refuse to believe yall are arguing about who the most geared mage is get a fucking life

Nobody is arguing over anything lol

think the who is the best geared was just kinda fkning around, the argument was more what is more practical, glass cannon or durability

also ohti why u spit on my priest in some bg last weekend, did i hurt u sometime or u just goofing?

I guess facts aren't arguments
fact: you're not the most geared mage.

Once again, nobody is arguing about who the strongest mage is.
If you opened yours eyes, you'd see that we're discussing glasscannon builds vs. builds that are practical.

And I have yet to see a mage that outgears mine. Which is weird, because *like I said* I never even played my mage.
Feel free to show armory links or whatever. 2k health, 16% haste and 20% versatility with 186 spellpower is pretty hard to argue. And please for the love of god dont show me some 1600 health/9% versatility mage with 220 intellect

it just doesn't work when matched up against someone with a brain

the thing is in bg's so many lvlers and shit dont have brains, they break ur polys etc.., i can see ur point in a premade vs premade

the thing is in bg's so many lvlers and shit dont have brains, they break u polys etc.., i can see ur point in a premade vs premade

Well of course. With the way every vet feels the need to host a 5 man premade into levelers, why would they feel the need to run a tanky setup when they have a disc priest & resto shaman sitting on top of them?

But lets be real, the difference in tooltips & numbers is ultimately not worth sacrificing 500-600 & and 20% secondary stats over (these numbers were drawn from the 2 contrasting armories recently linked in this thread)

I dont remember off my head since its been months since I played my mage, but the difference in my arcane missiles between sets is like 30 total damage on its tooltip. Anyone in their right mind would agree with me and I assume Ohti's idea of BIS is based on how impressive someone's gear is instead of the actual performance it has.

Any decent resto shaman leveler would be able to kill a glasscannon mage, assuming there was a hunter or rogue there to simply interrupt one of his cast. I know for a fact with some LOS, I could kill a glass mage that isnt using every consumable in the book on a leveler.

228 spellpower:

Screenshot (39).png

184 spellpower:

Screenshot (40).png

The differences between my two sets are ironically, exactly 100 damage. My math was certainly off more than I expected, but nonetheless, I still stand my ground and believe that glasscannon sets aren't practical for PVP, and that they haven't been for years. The stats you sacrifice for the extra damage is way far off and not worth it in 90% of the scenarios that you'd encounter in solo play

And I have yet to see a mage that outgears mine. Which is weird, because *like I said* I never even played my mage.
Feel free to show armory links or whatever. 2k health, 16% haste and 20% versatility with 186 spellpower is pretty hard to argue. And please for the love of god dont show me some 1600 health/9% versatility mage with 220 intellect
due to the bg gear buff most of your gear is actually shitty.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/malorne/Sycôphant
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/fenris/meláquendi
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/stormscale/Znuzkreeêee
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/stormrage/shiritrap
here are 4 mages that have better gear than you

you're missing a 28 kellers, 28 magefist, you're using the wrong necklace, bracers, boots, and dungeon ring are all outdated, etc.

I can say things like your foam can be replaced but I'll cater to your need for more stat balance (which is respectable.)
I'll also cater to your need for stat balance by saying you can also get a better chest from bgs too considering you don't have xakxaks.

go play classic

edit: also idc that all these mages have low health if you want to be tanky play a warlock.

Last edited by a moderator:
also ohti why u spit on my priest in some bg last weekend, did i hurt u sometime or u just goofing?
just goofing, if you did something I thought was scummy in a game I have a tendency to do that it's no hard feelings

probably weren't getting off my back in an eots or something idk

Not even breaking 700 LOL

my missiles tick for 166 in bg also

Is that suppose to be an insult? I've stated that I'm not minimaxing spellpower multiple times in this thread, as its impractical for PVP and something only bad players do. And I never ran a battleground on my mage so I have no frame of reference to compare

due to the bg gear buff most of your gear is actually shitty.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/malorne/Sycôphant
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/fenris/meláquendi
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/stormscale/Znuzkreeêee
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/stormrage/shiritrap
here are 4 mages that have better gear than you

you're missing a 28 kellers, 28 magefist, you're using the wrong necklace, bracers, boots, and dungeon ring are all outdated, etc.

I can say things like your foam can be replaced but I'll cater to your need for more stat balance (which is respectable.)
I'll also cater to your need for stat balance by saying you can also get a better chest from bgs too considering you don't have xakxaks.

go play classic

BRO MY MAGE IS STILL BETTER THAN EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE LMAOOO AND I NEVER EVEN PLAYED MY MAGE LMAOOO.
I'm not missing anything or using the wrong anything. I am gearing for frost and ANY smart frost mage knows his role is to mass slow. Faster ticks is the key...I thought you'd know this?

The only item you've mentioned that I could benefit from is 28 magefist. And even then, I prefer my gloves to them, for what I am doing. I'm not sure what has occurred with the recent patches this past month, and I'm not sure how "outdated" my mage is, but at the end of the day his build is still better than all 4 of the armory links you shared. No contest.

And I will go play classic and continue flexing on everyone there as well.

Jwl #1 quantity twinks 2020
Jwl #1 quality twinks 2020

just goofing, if you did something I thought was scummy in a game I have a tendency to do that it's no hard feelings

probably weren't getting off my back in an eots or something idk

its all good, it was in arathi basin, holy word: chastise, fear bomb, quaking palm chain to ur frost mage probably lol

I'm not missing anything or using the wrong anything. I am gearing for frost and ANY smart frost mage knows his role is to mass slow. Faster ticks is the key...I thought you'd know this?
every "frost" mage ever:
Screenshot_20191007-110239_Chrome.jpg

The only item you've mentioned that I could benefit from is 28 magefist. And even then, I prefer my gloves to them, for what I am doing.
kellers is bis by a mile. secondaries scale like shit in bgs.
and I'm not sure how "outdated" my mage is,
all bg gear was bumped up to ilvl 31 making most of it the new bis.
but at the end of the day his build is still better than all 4 of the armory links you shared. No contest.
lol.
And I will go play classic and continue flexing on everyone there as well.
good riddance.
[doublepost=1570464443,1570464411][/doublepost]
its all good, it was in arathi basin, holy word: chastise, fear bomb, quaking palm chain to ur frost mage probably lol
yup that'll get a /spit from me ggs xD

Oh damn! This escalated quickly! I already have druid, sham, warr, hunt, and rogue vets, mage was an idea I was toying with, but i am putting almost all my time into vanilla. Just hit 40 and got my mount. Feels bad seeing everyone in tier 1 and I'm just using the little free time I have wisely! Lol!

Users who are viewing this thread