EU+US Veteran healer rankings

What's up guys, after being fed up with legion end game i want to dedicate myself to veteran twinking again. I want to play one of the healer classes as i enjoy playing a team support role. I was wondering after the 7.1 changes, could anyone like give me a quick insight on the status of all healing, through a ranking and some pro's con's? Would really apreciate this, thanks in advance!

EDIT: if people are willing to share thier experience in bg's or on thier own characters we could put an overview together for other interested

Last edited:
Holy priest is like heal and lay on hards with aoe idk if 20 man idk. They can look swaggy on bgtargets cos no one does holy. u swag? u holy.
Id say theyre 7/10 healer not bad not bad.
Discisipline is more stronk. they do like those bubbles u know. And stronk heals and dot. But idk if theyre really fun to pley. 9/10
Holy pala i know sucks to play, but if u like its its not super bad but its bad, maybe aoe heal is decent? 5/10
Resto shaman is alright, untill oom then its time to uninstall. suicide for mana or get the leaf. but stronk heals 8/10
Resto druid does good heals, good mobilithingy and stuff. problem with resto druids is that no one uses them to heal, everyone shapeshift and watch the game instead of playing it. 7/10
Lets see hmm, mw monk, its says healspec but its dps, dont be fooled. if u wanna keep ur mates dead and lose roll mw and dont dps. u have nice teleport so always fun to hop about. healingwise ret would be better. Warlock also good healspec just drainlife and tank in av u need not worry, winter is coming. eeah, ret pala is good healspec aswell.

I play resto shaman sometinggmes and i can tell from Xperince that its a le nice to play but since theres no drinking in bgs and mana pots its not super in av. no matter which healspec u play, you will always die because this xpac is too bursty. just roll sv so u dont have to heal.

i played some random bg's with my resto shaman after patch. You can keep up to 2 survival hunter burst spamming healing surge with Unleash Life talent cd's for a while but a single CC or interrupt causes death. You won't find enough time to cast chain heal if you're the only healer in pvp situation(thanks to those hunter rerollers). Playing with Disco priest in a team would be more comfortable because of the lovely shields give some time to cast. You got an AoE slow totem and interrupt. These are really nice abilites for landing killing blows on enemy healers. So from my view Resto shammy is not the best healer. i suggest playing as an assault groups back up instead of defensive positions.

Last edited:
Healer BG Ranking List:

God Tier - Disc Priest, Holy Priest ( in AV )
Good Tier - Resto Sham

Everything else: Meh

Even with the nerfs, it appears Disc is still #1, with Holy trailling behind because the maximum effectiveness of Holy is when you can pull off 10 heals in 60 seconds (Because Power Word: Serenity is reduced by 6 seconds every Flash Heal). You will only see this effectiveness in raid healing settings. Resto Sham is okay, maybe good for arenas since it has a ranged interrupt, alongside Hpal now, since Hpals get Beacon. Every other healer feels weak in comparison to Disc Priests. Rdrood healing is insignificant and MWs are still meh. Surv hunters populate the bracket and are extremely annoying if you don't manage to absorb their flanking strike, so I think the only good healer is Disc.

hpala just like in cata. lovin it. missin exo but the things you can do with beacon are cewl.

Best healer is survival hunter. Every 5s you heal for 15% health over 10s. ( No casting or anything required).

hpala just like in cata. lovin it. missin exo but the things you can do with beacon are cewl.

Where would you rank them among healers? Does Beacon heal for considerable amount or..?

Best healer is survival hunter. Every 5s you heal for 15% health over 10s. ( No casting or anything required).

100% uptime on that HoT :D

You can also consider hybrids if you're a player who can juggle both offense and defense and prioritize quickly and correctly. Their heals are as big as healer heals; just can't spam more than 5 in a row without going oom. Moonkin can get top dmg in EVERY battleground(above all the surv hunters, even 29s with pocket healers) while also off-healing team-mates pretty frequently. Sometimes, when the healers are bad, you get top healing too. But it's a different play-style.
The huge advantage is that blizzard now tries to match teams with even numbers of each role. So if one team has 2 healers the other team will most likely have 2. Playing a well-played hybrid lets you sneak in half a healer without taking up an actual healer slot, so your team has more total healing. If you're a moonkin, you don't really sacrifice dmg to do this, because most of your dmg is DoTs, and they keep ticking while you heal.
If you want to be a pure healer who doesn't have to dps in order to maximize his potential, try holy priest.
(Disc is better but it requires hybrid play style to maximize, i.e., keeping SWP dot on as many targets as possible while using schism into penance on cooldown while keeping atonement up on 2 friendly targets who are not already at full health, while also not letting anyone die(flash heal) - very tricky to maximize. Disc playstyle is that of a hybrid, like moonkin. It's stronger overall, but takes a healer slot from another disc. So you're only a net-gain for your team by being a better disc than the other ones.)
Holy is mostly just about healing people non-stop. Strong, and easier to be good at than Disc. However, you will occupy one of your team's healer slots instead of a possible disc, and will need to out-perform them to be a net-gain for the team. This is possible as holy, but you're at a slight disadvantage to disc.
I'd say you're better off just learing Disc or Moonkin.
Rshaman is a second tier healer. Not far behind. You can sort of hold your own, but I don't see a strong reason to play it in bgs.
MW can put out top heaing in an ideal situation, but that's not the most common situation, and they die easily. They can't counter burst. They counter DoTs, but not burst, and it's a burst-y bracket.
Rdruid is still last; the HoTs are small and weak, and people die too fast; the HoTs don't have time to tick. They can FC in pre-made games where they don't take up a healer slot, but make terrible FCs in random bgs, for the hidden reason that they rob the team of a healer. At 4 stacks, you lose all the druid mobility. The bear form is not nearly as good as having a healer (the one whose place you took) spamming heals on you. (They still make the best FCs in pre-mades.)

If you're disgusted with end game then I suggest uninstalling. Low level PvP is broken as fuck and SV hunters en mass make playing any class/spec combo unfun.

Users who are viewing this thread